Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-11, 16:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 241/211/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default June 2011 low carb pregnancy chat

Hi I am 5 weeks now.Hope to find here those of you who are lcing during pregnancy.We can support each other.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-11, 16:08
Registered Member

BF:

I am having cramps every now and then.Its freaking me out.
My weight is fluctuating from 183-190.I am 5'6 with a goal weight of 145 ish.
I was pregnant last decemebr and miscarried at 12 weeks.It took me a while to get over it.I just ate whatever i wanted and had severe nausea.I also gained 15 pounds in the first trimester.
It was so hard to get those pounds off.I could get only 7 out.but time is running out for us,so we decided to TTC.
My plan is to keep maintaining or lose a little first 4 months,then may be maintain or gain 10 lbs if needed.
I will do a combo of Atkins maintenace with some other low carb plans.
here is what i had today:
1.5 bread toast (lc) with cheese,decaf tea,3 sauasages
chicken and broccoli steamed with 1/2 cup brown rice for lunch
strawberries-4-5 snack
thinking about dinner.
yesterday for I had ricotta cheese with some splenda-delicious

I have to come with more specific menus.still in daze.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-14-11, 16:12
Registered Member

BF:

sorry for being the lone poster
I just remembered that if you need to know more about weight loss,read my other thread on Pregnancy and weight loss,facts and fallacies.
But I would really like to know what the menu is for those who maintain/lose weight in pregnancy is.keep posted
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-11, 07:44

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hello, I'm 5 weeks, too. MY due date is Feb. 12, 2012 according to internet. This is baby #6 for me. I'm a little in shock cause I thought I was done, but I'm very excited!! Congrats to you on your pregnancy!!

Let's see.......my menu has been bacon, chicken, eggs, romaine lettuce, eggplant, cheese, celery, cucumber, green peppers, LC bread w/garden vegetable cream cheese, mustard greens, strawberries. Yep, I've been eating non-stop!!! I'm so freaking hungry. Last night I woke up at 4am and was so nauseated that I went and toasted a LC english muffin w/ cream cheese. I snack on boiled eggs, jerky, walnuts. greek yogurt and occasionally a LC ice cream bar. I just bought apples and will prolly have one today.

I'm having a problem staying outta ketosis though. Don't know if that's good or bad. Guess that's why I'm here!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-11, 10:50

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hey all I'm not pregnant yet but I'm going off the pill at the end of my pack next week so I hope to be joining you soon!
congrats to all!!
Also what prenatals are you guys taking?!?!?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Jun-15-11, 18:15
Registered Member

BF:

congrats to you eriksgirl!
Mine is due feb 14th or so.I am having food aversions one moment and craving another.eating ricotta cheese and grilled cheese like crazy.
I am taking rainbow lite prenatal.and folic acid.want to add some calcium just in case.
I am taking in 75 carbs a day but I want to lower a bit since digestion seems slow.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-21-11, 19:12

Stats: 276/234.8/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I take beeutiful.com supermom bit. It is derived from all food sources. I also take extra folic acid, cod liver oil, and magnesium.
I have my Carb levels at 20-35g lower end most days. I am very comfortable with ketosis. My plan is to lose 2lb per week of my pregnancy if not more. That will put me at around 145 at delivery. My midwife is onboard.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-11, 15:08

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

That's awesome, NinaS. Sounds like a good plan. Now, to keep those pesky "food" hormones away from us all.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-22-11, 17:33

BF:

HI! Just popping in to share a really cool prenatal comparison chart I found. I'm not pregnant yet but I'm taking rainbow light prenatals with extra calcium magnesium and omega 3 fish oils. It's vegan so its all natural.

http://www.transitiontoparenthood.c...al_vitamins.pdf
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-27-11, 18:18
WONJ#3

Plan: 12 steps
Stats: 238/210/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi - I am pregant and low carbing as well.

I haven't low carbed the whole pregnancy but now in the 3rd trimester I am finally at the point that I need and want to.

I did a search and found this thread.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 01:02

Plan: Paleo/IF
Stats: 165/148/120 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

Congatulations MsTwacky on pregnancy and 3rd trimester already!
How does it feel over there? I am in my 1st trimester and feelin like crap now. All-day sickness broke in (who said its only in the morning?), experience ultimate exhaustion, feelin depressed plus have spotting for over 1 weel already... So can't wait to pass this adaptation period and realy enjoy this wonderful time...

I don't do low-carb now, eat fruit, berries, vegetables, protein. Noticed I do especially well with stone fruits, helps me release sickness fro some time.The idea of limiting carbs is not palatable for me now

As soon as I transition into more energetic phase, I would love to do some exercizes. I do walk 40 minutes 5 times a week, but would like to implement some stretching exercises, like pilates for mommies.

Is anyone doing exercises? What type, and how does it make you feel?
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 15:06
Registered Member

BF:

I am in 7th week,feel crappy all day.Bad nausea,morn,and night.usually high carb works for me,but not this time.Nothing works.On non working days I sleep 24 hours.I cannot play with my daughter or cook anything for family.All kinds of smells irritate me.The only thing I can keep down is plain rice.No nonveg,veg or even fruits.I am waiting for this to transition,I never felt this foggy in my first.
low carb is now out of the scene,but I wish to come back once my tummy settles.Already gained 3lbs.(last timeI gained 15 lbs in first trimester)Bad cramping too for many days.Doc appt is only two weeks later.Oh well, sorry for all the ranting....
I wish to enjoy this pregnancy.
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 15:09
Registered Member

BF:

I did want to start out some stretching exercises,but since i had spotting last week,I will wait after 3 months.Don't want to overdo anything.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-28-11, 15:09

BF:

Aww I'm so sorry to hear you're having a bad time!! It should get better soon. Every pregnanacy is different. You gotta do what you gotta do.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jun-29-11, 08:49

Plan: Paleo/IF
Stats: 165/148/120 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

Primrose, i am very sorry to hear that, but as my husband says 'At least we know WHY it happens...'
I feel crappy too, utterly exhausted, nauseated from each smell, actually vomited today in the train on the way to job And I'm also spotting for 2nd week in a row The doc says,a s long as there are no pains, it is fine at this stage. Can't wait till my next appointment either, on 04/07.

Eating plain rice is good, but rice is dehydrating, so just remember to drink at least water with lemon and tiny pinch of salt, it will replenish elecrolytes. Or just plain water if You cant stand lemon taste. Sending you big hugs, and just remember it WILL pass

ps. i also read somewhere that ginger helps against sickness, will try myself tomorrow if it works