Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 07:51

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 263.6/242.0/163.6 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Justin
Yes it did, but very helpful and inspiring. You won't believe that I'm baking another one of those low carb cheesecakes. LOL As long as I keep shedding pounds I don't care.

I read that some people cheat once a week or once a month so that they don't fall off the wagon, what do you think of that?

I think that if people are having a "cheat day" then they haven't made it a lifestyle change. I think every now and again you will eat something that is not recommended for your plan, but you don't feel guilty and you move on. But, if you have a conscious, planned day to look forward to to cheat, then you have moved into a place where you're thinking in deprivation terms. I am having a fun day away from my depriving diet.

So, I think just eat what you want every now and again, say when you're at Six Flags and just have to have a funnel cake (you'll get sick by the way) don't feel guilty and just move on. It's food, it's fuel. Jus' sayin'

LC Justin, work through the burn baby!!!
Kelley, wine got us all huh? I guess that's another thing we all shared in common.
Tanya, welcome. I keep thinking if I've lost it before I can do it again. Wow, you lost 100 lbs? Now, that is powerful. Did you keep any of your old menus or journals? I can't find anything for when I lost the weight. I've seen the date and my weight on notebooks, but I can't find menus. I keep asking, "what did I eat?" "what was I thinking back then to lose the weight, and so quickly?"
Joylorene--whoop whoop, 7 lbs!!!! Keep up the awesome work. 10 is a dress size, right?
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 07:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 353.5/307.4/150 Female 5'4.5"
BF:Yep. Lots.
Progress: 23%

Hiya guys!

Tanya, of course there's room for one more! Welcome! I'm in a similar boat to you, actually-- lost 83 lbs on atkins 10 years ago and over the last five years gained it all back and more *sigh*. I know this works though, so back on the horse! Congrats on your loss so far, sounds like you're doing great!!

Kelleygirl-- I know just how you feel!! *huggs* There are all kinds of reasons why we stagnate and sometimes even go up-- could be 'that time of the month' issues with just retaining water, or could be something you can tweak in the diet. If you want to give us some ideas what your meal plans have been maybe we can help! But don't give up! There's a fantastic article I read on here a bit ago, it's so inspirational! Have a peek if you get a minute:

Why The Scale Can Lie
  #93   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 07:57

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Wine is my worst crutch! And of course it's not the LC dry wine either mine is Mogen David Blackberry - So SWEET!!! I just love it and yeah I got into that habbit also - came home after work and had a few (lots) of glasses while making supper - it was just so relaxing and calming and well I loved the taste in fact when I would drink my wine I never ate but that soon changed to craving high carb munchies with my wine - and well here I am 56lbs heavier.

Now if I could just have my wine and lose weight - that would be awesome! - not gonna happen
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 08:03
Registered Member

Stats: 353.5/307.4/150 Female 5'4.5"
BF:Yep. Lots.
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
So Dolphin how are you doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by startinova
Dolphin so, what's going on with you? What's your deal-y yo?

Awwwww Just spotted this, so wanted to respond even though it's been a day and I'd just posted!

I'm doing pretty well!

We had a party here last weekend for the cast of a show we'd done. It was an Italian show and we served homemade Italian food. We decided that we wouldn't worry too much about the carbs for Saturday and Sunday and just try not to overdo, and not to have the desserts, and get right back to LCing on Monday-- rather like what Startinova was talking about Anyway, I'm always a bit nervous straying that far from the program, wanting to be sure to get right back on, as it were, and we did! I did put on a couple pounds in water weight over those two days, but they were off again by Tuesday, and I've lost another pound since then, so feel pretty happy.

I have found that sticking to a pretty pure program works the best for me right now. I know what you mean about that MyPlan, kelleygirl, it's a bit tough. I've found making custom foods works the best for me in many cases. I just add the food and nutritional info myself and it shows up in my favorites. I'm trying to use it whenever there's time, just to really be paying attention to what I'm consuming and what works and doesn't.

Thanks for asking guys!
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 08:22

Plan: I plan to combine LC/IF
Stats: 243/239/160 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Everyone, Startinova have a good time at Six Flags. This week I've been all over the place from LC to fast food. I'm away for work this weekend. Has anyone figured out how to travel on LC? If you were to pack things that don't spoil, what would you take?
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 08:23

Plan: I plan to combine LC/IF
Stats: 243/239/160 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 5%

Why are Sun Chips advertised on a low carb forum?
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 10:06

Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

My workout today was shoveling snow. LOL We got almost 2 feet of snow overnight, no one was expecting that here. Strange weather this year. Anyway, I am now going on my 4th week and I feel fantastic!

Yeah, from now on while working out I think I'll just continue, the other day on the treadmill on full incline I lasted 5 minutes more than I usually do and I felt I could of done another 10 minutes or so.

I want to lose another 50lbs before summer so I better not quit while I'm ahead this time. Usually that's what I do, I would lose 30-40lbs, feel great, then go back to my old eating habits and gain double what I would lose. NOT THIS TIME!!
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 10:07

Stats: 325/239/240 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFnewstart

How strange, they are far from being low carb. lol
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 13:19

BF:

Quote:
Hi Everyone, Startinova have a good time at Six Flags. This week I've been all over the place from LC to fast food. I'm away for work this weekend. Has anyone figured out how to travel on LC? If you were to pack things that don't spoil, what would you take?

Lots of slim jims and cheese sticks that you buy from the convenience store. Pickles. ugh, when you're out induction, a few nuts. Drink, drink, drink, water and crystal light, one diet coke--caffeine, stop at starbucks for a low carb something. Go to the website and customize. Ummm, sf popsicles. Well, tha might not hold in a little cooler but the juice might be yummy when it melts.

I guess you just proved it's hard to pack for travel.
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 13:20

BF:

Quote:

I can't imagine why.
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 13:23

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

Quote:

I've made pickle roll ups - deviled eggs - hb eggs - celery with cream cheese and green olives - of course you would need a cooler for these items. Meat sticks like peperoni don't need to be kept cold but of course are higher in salt but good to munch on
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 16:19

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

I don't want the hear that four letter word Justin!! Such fowl language....snow LOL.

I'm in Rhode Island and I'm hoping that we're done for the season but you probably got a good work out. My daughters broken back is getting me to the gym. Even when I don't want to go she has to meet her physical therapist. Hopefully I'll get in shape and she'll get stronger.

Well it's the weekend guys. Anyone doing anything fun? Any food obsticles?? I won't drink wine, I won't drink wine, I won't drink wine.
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 18:02

Plan: hcg
Stats: 180/154.0/139 Female 5 7'
BF:
Progress: 63%

Ok I finally found some info. I'm one of the lucky ones who are metabolically resistant. I can't lose in induction. The suggestion is that I drop to 1000 calories and get 90 percent of my calories from fat. I'm going to have to get mentally prepared for this.
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Mar-18-11, 18:39

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleygirl
Ok I finally found some info. I'm one of the lucky ones who are metabolically resistant. I can't lose in induction. The suggestion is that I drop to 1000 calories and get 90 percent of my calories from fat. I'm going to have to get mentally prepared for this.

OR look into the supplements that Atkins suggests like CLA and Tonalin.
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-11, 06:09

Plan: Atkins - modified
Stats: 197/188/140 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 16%

Kelley - before you do the fat fast, try writing down everything that goes in your mouth for a few days. There might be starch in your vitamins, you might be sensitive to the artificial sweetener in your breath mints, there might be sugar in your prepared foods. A friend of my mom's tried Induction after seeing both of us lose weight, and got stalled on sugarless gum - everything else was perfect. Also, you may need to eat less food overall than you did when you were heavier. You can maintain at a heavier weight with more calories than you can at a lower weight. Maybe cut your portions down 10-20%?

This thread did motivate me to stick to my workout schedule this week. I did about 30 min on the treadmill. Only 100 calories, but I'm so out of shape, plus I have asthma, that I'm thrilled to make it that far. lol My doctor said the average walking speed is 2.8MPH. I'm like f!!! I can barely do 2.0! So I've been working on increasing that as well.

We went to Outback for dinner and I stayed on plan, even with that evil bread. Bread is hard for me and my daughter loves it, so it's always constantly in my face... I did lose another pound, so I guess I need to update

I'm still not back to what I was even in Feb, but I think I can keep this pace up, which is better in the long run than going flat out until I hit a wall and crash. I'm trying to be nicer to myself this time around because things are harder. Not complaining, just being realistic. And I know if I expect too much of myself I'll just throw in the towel and *never* lose the weight.
Closed Thread