Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-11, 14:07
Registered Member

Plan: x
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress:

Bad day today... It was very stormy last night, and one of my daughters was in bed with me from 2:00 am to about 6:00. That would be fine if she actually slept, but first she was babbling. I told her if she wanted to talk, to go back to her own bed. Then, she started scratching herself, tossing and turning, etc. My husband went to sleep on the couch!

Then, she was up at 8:00 am this morning, like nothing had happened. I, meanwhile, am downing 5 hour energy to stay awake. Nothing else, just to stay awake. I have no prayer of working out today. It's just not going to happen. I'll just plan on working out Saturday (my usual day off) to make up for it.

I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids. Just need to remind myself sometimes!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-05-11, 21:13
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Wow... Just figured out how to streamline my weights further without sacrificing quality. I think. Push Ups may be the thing that helps me... We'll see if I can pull it off tomorrow. *crossing fingers* I'm going to do girl push ups, and let's hope I can do more than 5!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-11, 17:22
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Much work to do tonight! Someone on this forum turned me on to Mark Sisson's site, and, being that he's a former athlete, I'm inclined to listen to him and give his workout methods a try. He recommends 5 basic exercises (pushups, pullups, squats, overhead press and plank) for a weight-lifting type workout only twice per week, with how-to instructions, all for free.

What really interested me is how great he looks, despite not spending very much gym time. This man is 57, but he looks a decade younger than that. And I know this has absolutely zero to do with the quality of the workout he recommends, but he seems to be totally in love with his wife after 19 years of marriage. And that just gives me a soft spot for him. I'm a dork, I know.

Anyhow, I haven't taken the time in the past few days to work out how I'm going to do a 'Heavy Lifting' day, but I last lifted weights two days ago, so tomorrow will be a good day to try Sisson's methods. So, tonight I will research things so I know what to do with myself tomorrow.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Apr-08-11, 16:33
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Omigosh! Mark Sisson soooo kicked my a** today! Only 5 compound exercises, but it took me forever (1 hour, 15 minutes) because I took too long figuring out how/where to do each exercise. Great workout, I could feel every move working something, and I didn't actually lift a single weight. Pushups, Pullups, Squats, Overhead Press and Plank. And I was just doing the beginner's version! Criminy, it's going to take a ton of time to work into even intermediate mode.

I loved it.