Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-11, 13:11

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Hmmm? I don't know how this is going to turn out, but I'm going to try it anyway. I'm just going to do a very small amount because I surely don't have food to waste.

Anyway, tonight I'm going to try one of my favorites which is a jamaican/trinidadian rice and peas dish.

For the rice I'm going to do a combo so that it will be half miracle rice and half cauliflower rice minus the peas (or red beans) plus the remainder of the receipe of course.

Okay...gail...with her fingers crossed.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-11, 13:54

Okay, well I put way too much coconut milk in but it was still very good.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-11, 14:11

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Yeah, I didn't mind the shirataki noodles! I will have to check this stuff out. Was it expensive? I will probably get my hands on some when money is better and I can order stuff online or whatnot.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-11, 14:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayustar
Yeah, I didn't mind the shirataki noodles! I will have to check this stuff out. Was it expensive? I will probably get my hands on some when money is better and I can order stuff online or whatnot.

Apparently, the rice is very popular, it's on backorder on most of the sites. It's not very expensive though...only about $2.56 a bag and if you order in bulk I think you get a better rate.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-09-11, 15:19

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Thanks for the info. That isn't too bad, I will have to try to get my hands on some!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-11, 19:06

Down to my last bag. Time to re-order.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-11, 20:16

Plan: HCG R2 10/17/11
Stats: 176/159.6/155 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hey Girls......been snoopin' around here and am curious about this rice and noodle. I tried the noodle once.....don't think I did it right....kinda mushy. If it was the same thing??. Found it in the refer section next to the pickles..hahaha. Sooo, my question is........tada....this is low-carb/no-carb???? I know it has zero calories....from my unsuccessful time in WW.( I actually gained weight)..LOL. Also...on another unrelated subject (as a newbie)..I can't seem to get my friggin photo on my Profile.

Thank Youuuu.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-11, 20:21

Plan: HCG R2 10/17/11
Stats: 176/159.6/155 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 78%

Oh Yes.....I forgot...was the Trinadad inspired rice dish something from your family??? I love to cook and enjoy learning new flavors from around the world. I'm a huge "no reservations" fan. tv show on travel channel
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-11, 21:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxiemama
Oh Yes.....I forgot...was the Trinadad inspired rice dish something from your family??? I love to cook and enjoy learning new flavors from around the world. I'm a huge "no reservations" fan. tv show on travel channel

Using my last bag of Miracle Rice in my broccoli, provolone and cheddar cheese, and low carb rice casserole recipe. This makes for a totally induction friendly low carb rice recipe. I love it!

Opening yourself up to different flavors from around the world helps so much when living the low carb lifestyle.

It totally keeps you from getting bored. Besides, it's just so much fun playing around with different low carb recipes. So enjoy yourself. Experiement! Just have fun with it!
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Mar-31-11, 05:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 456/344/220 Male 6ft
BF:Yea, I have lots!
Progress: 47%

Ok, We just made the miracle noodles with LC mushroom alfredo sauce. IT was so damn good!! It's amazing to be able to eat noodles in a creamy sauce guilt free!! We ate it so fast I was almost finished when I relized I forgot to take a pic of it!! lol well I will next time hehe so double thumbs up for miracle noodles from the wife and I. We will try the rice next but we have to order thta from the USA supplier as they dnt stock it in Canada bit more for shipping but think its worth it if anything as good as the pasta
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-01-11, 23:34

Plan: medifast
Stats: 259/225/150 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 31%

I have been eating the other shapes of miracle noodles for awhile now but have not tried the rice. I will get it next time. I can say that I do eat the spaghetti with icbinb and garlic. It really helps me stay away from the movie popcorn! what size strainder did you have to use? for the orzo I had to put a thin dish towel in the strainer to keep it all in.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Apr-04-11, 15:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins, BFFM, BFL
Stats: 130/113/112 Female 64
BF:20%/17%/15%
Progress: 94%

I just ordered the Miracle Rice from Amazon. It was around $17 for 12 x 8 ounce packages. They are out of stock but will ship it when they get it back in. It sounds really good-I can't wait to try it!
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Apr-30-11, 11:22

Talking miracle noodles angel hair pasta

i got some of the miracle noodle angel hair pasta for the first time along with some walden farms 0 carb 0 calorie 0 sugar teriyaki sauce and made a lc teriyaki chicken & shrimp stir-fry with brocolli, onions, califlower, & the noodles of course.

man! it was so good. i had to force myself to stop eating it so I could have enough for tonights dinner.

i'm already looking forward to eating it tonight.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-12, 23:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins(modified)
Stats: 203/192/160 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 26%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
Okay, I'm excited. I ordered some Miracle rice this weekend and I can't wait for it to arrive.

I've searched and searched online for reviews for Miracle Rice, but didn't really come up with anything except for what's provided on the site. So I am anxious to receive the konnyaku rice and hope that I really love it in my dishes as a rice substitute.

Well, looking forward to my delivery and I will post my Miracle Rice review soon.

Miracle Rice ~ Konnyaku Rice

Hi, I'm glad your rice dish met your expectations. If you don't mind, would you be kind enough to tell me where you can order the rice. Rice is one of the things I miss very much on the Atkins diet. So, I'd appreciate it if you post a link to where I can order a bag of it. Thank you!

---------------
Geeezzz! I must be going blind. lol! Thanx for putting the link on your op, 2007. You all must think I'm going crazy. . . lol!!!

Last edited by elita : Wed, Apr-11-12 at 17:51.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Apr-11-12, 13:51

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 214/150.4/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

I tried the Miracle Rice but didn't like the shape and texture. It reminded me of tapioca, which gave me the idea of trying to make it into a LC version of rice pudding. I'll order some more and give it a try and post the recipe if it's good.