Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-10, 13:54

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

That is very interesting, thanks for the info!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-10, 17:32
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-

Me too Audrey- I have never checked my ketones.

I worked late today and waqs supposed to go out- I anceled.

So my lunch today- even the best laid plans sometimes fail. The group voted to make it a working 1/2 hour lunch! So I had raw veggies with ranch, and took apart a turkey wrap sandwich and had the turkey and sprouts. and water. Sigh. So I didn't eat the bagels, muffins, cake, juice, sweet iced tea, chips, fruit, wraps or candy.

I treated myself to a dinner that I wanted. RM: salad, okra/onions/peppers, small burger, water, bowl of raspberries and one small cookie. YUMMMMMM.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

E
  #93   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-10, 05:11
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 287.4/287.4/199 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoppinn
Thank you for your kind words!

I happen to think that CALP is my savior when it comes to eating. It has taught me how to eat and still enjoy the foods that I have decided that I can not live without. I am in better shape than I can ever remember and even though I still have more weight to lose, I am confident that I will lose it with the help of my program!

This diet really is amazing, Teri. Why it isn't more popular, I don't know. So many people would benefit from it!

I remember when I did it back in the 90's, people were amazed at how I lost it eating carbs, not counting calories or fat, and at that point, without any hard core workouts. I did go walking and played in the pool with the kids, but that was the extent of my exercise in those days. It was truly amazing to watch the weight melt off, meanwhile, my sisters-in-law were both trying to lose weight doing low fat/calorie restricted diets and at first, we lost around the same amount. However, they got frustrated with their diets, complained of constant hunger, and one of them eventually gave up on her diet and gained it all back plus more. Meanwhile, the other sister-in-law kept at and did lose more, but if she had anything extra to eat during a special family gathering (like cake and ice cream), she had to do grueling workouts to burn it off. Myself, on the other hand, was able to still enjoy those foods once a day without the fear of being punished. That's what's so great about this diet- you don't get punished for having a treat or something really enjoyable to you. Quantities don't matter, so long as you eat your salad and balance out the rest of the meal. What more could anyone ask from a diet?

I am so happy for you that you lost the 80 pounds and have found something that can truly be done for life. While I am kicking myself for not starting this when I first found my CAD book last year (it was in my garage, packed away with other books from when we moved here ten years ago, lol). However, that was the past, looking forward to this weight loss journey, and if the powers that be are willing, I will get down to a healthy weight within two years time. That gives me something to look forward to, instead of giving up or dreading more medical issues cropping up down the road.

Oh, and I jumped on the scale this morning- down another pound! I didn't expect that so soon, I'm on a roll, and I'll take it.

Have a great day, everyone! Going to be a gorgeous one. My son and youngest daughter have a cross country meet this morning, and then hubby, oldest daughter, and I are going to our yearly orientation for working in a haunted maze- silliest and most funnest job one could ever have.
  #94   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-10, 19:02

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hey guys. Well, I'm still weighing in at 301 this morning, but I still feel really good. I am so happy to be free of food thoughts and cravings and I kow that if I keep on doing CAD, things will start to move again.
Food today:
CM: 2 hardboiled eggs
CM: 2 cups cooked broccoli
RM: huge salad with greens, peppers, tomatoes, cuc, carrots, broccoli. 2 bbq'd chicken thighs, small bowl of raisin bran, few cookies.
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Sep-25-10, 19:08
Registered Member

BF:

I just had to share with you all yet another amazing victory for me. This morning, we went to our son and youngest daughter's Cross Country meet. Her race was at 9 am, his was at 11:00. Hers was done after a half of an hour, so we had an hour and a half to kill. Hubby and I decided to get some money to get something to eat. Well, while we were on the road, I said "there's a diner, let's get some breakfast!"

They had two of my favorite breakfast's there: sausage biscuits with gravy and Eggs Benedict. To my surprise, I found myself asking the waitress for the Eggs Benedict without the English Muffin and home fries, with a side of bacon. My husband said to me: "wow, you're really sticking to this diet, aren't you? Good for you!"

After my son's race, he was starving, so we went to McDonald's to get him and my daughter whatever they wanted. Son had the Big Mac meal, daughter ordered a chocolate shake, hubby had a McFlurry, and I had........................ ice water!

I don't know where this will power is coming from, but I am so happy to have finally found it! This is twice now within the last couple of weeks that I have not caved in and ate carb filled meals while we've been out. Before CAD, I would not have been able to do this. Another great day for me, and another non-scale victory. I can't ask for more than that!
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-10, 12:15
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-

Audrey- that is AWESOME!!!!

I had a really nice night with friends last night- had salad, spinach, burgers, baked beans, sweet potato, eggplant, mushrooms, red wine, cantalope and cake. I had the smallest potato (like the size of an egg!) and 3 bites of the cake. I went over my hour but did not overcarb. Instead of regular buns we had those thin buns- yum.

We were supposed to go out tonight too, but I think DH wants to stay home. Fine by me! So tonight's rm (planned) is
salad, salmon patties, okra, sweet potato (had 2 leftover, so none for me but one for DS and DH), and melon.

hope you are having a great day too-
E
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-10, 09:06
Registered Member

BF:

I woke up to a nice surprise this morning- 269! That made my day for sure on this rainy morning. A couple of years ago, I had started a diet and lost 50 pounds. Then, my thyroid went out of whack, and the appetite increased like crazy, and I gained it all back. So, even though 269 is an exciting number for me today, I'm a bit anxious to get back down to 244, where I was before the thyroid disaster hit. I know it will happen in it's own time, but for me, I will truly know that I am on my way to success once I get under 244. What was so frustrating for me is that I was doing so well then, and I could taste onederland coming around the corner (within a few months, of course!). Hopefully, I won't go through that disaster again- it went in remission for about 6 months, and then came back not too long ago. So, keeping fingers crossed!

Eno- I meant to comment about your working lunch in my last post. That's lousy that you had to dig through a wrap like that to get the protein portion. You obviously have great will power to resist the rest of the food on that menu- good for you! Those are the times that are hard- when you're in a group setting. Most of the time when I am out with others, they're not dieting, or are following a calorie restrictive diet and aren't worried about carbs like we do with our CM's.

Amazingly enough, though, I am finding out that restaurants are awesome and do cater to us if we need a special plate without the breads, rice, and higher carb veggies- all you have to do is ask! I was shocked and thrilled at the same time at how it didn't bother me that my husband was eating rye toast with his breakfast the other day and that it didn't faze me- rye is one of my favorite breads, and that was twice within two weeks time that I had not given in and eaten it while eating out. Those small victories add up! I praise you for continuing to inspire us and show us that even at goal weight, you can still stick to this and be strong and satisfied with what you eat!

Please keep on posting stuff like this- it really does help those of us that have a lot to lose to stay motivated and stick with the plan. Believe it or not, I actually think of all of you when I am out and about during my day, and think of how everyone else is sticking to this and that I can, too, if I really try hard enough. When I finished my meal the other day at the diner, I couldn't wait to get on here and tell everyone about it. It proved to me that staying dedicated to not only the diet, but to myself (something I am not used to doing, and I'm sure a lot of us women on here understand that feeling sometimes!), gives me a good feeling at the end of the day. Usually you don't get such positive feelings on a diet, because of deprivation and starvation, and you feel like a failure if you eat off plan or over eat. I really love this diet- you don't feel guilty for enjoying what you eat, and you feel great at the end of the day knowing you are happy and content, not obsessing about food all the time or going over calorie or carb limits.

I truly hope one day to be able to help motivate others and help them with stories like yours and Teri's. This diet is just wonderful, and what a shame that it is not as popular as the others out there right now.

Now that I've written a novel here, it's time to get moving and do some chores around here. Today, I am having some boneless lamb and probably green beans for my CM. I haven't made up my mind with the RM, but I know I will eat my candy apple with coconut for dessert! I made up a good batch yesterday, and made my two with coconut. I ate one last night, and the other is for tonight. MMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Have a wonderful day, everybody!
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-10, 13:26
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
thanks for the kind words, Audrey. I post for me too- I am on this for life! I LOVE your posts too- we all learn from each other.

I had my leftovers from last night for CM. Tonight I'm going out for sushi (NOT my choice) and plan on having a small green salad before I go.

come on and post!
E
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-10, 07:33
Registered Member

BF:

What a strange day yesterday was. I was busy all day catching up on chores. So busy, that when I was cooking dinner, it dawned on me that I hadn't had my CM! I didn't do that on purpose and don't intend at this point to cut down to one meal a day, but still- to not be hungry or craving food all day? Amazing!

Even my RM's are enjoyable, but I don't have the "fit in all the carbs you can eat because you can't have them for another 23 hours!" attitude anymore. I also find myself eating a bit healthier during RM's than I did at first. I still have my cheese and crackers here and there, but not every night like I did in the beginning. Still can't kick that sweet tooth..........that's ok, though, so long as it doesn't cause me to gain or stall, I'll live with it until my body decides it doesn't need it every night at dinner time.

Eno- if you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to lose the 50 pounds? You've been maintaining for a couple of years now, right? How nice to find something that can be done for life. This still doesn't feel like a diet to me. Diets to me are counting something all day long and then getting stressed out when you over eat or go over the limit for the day.

My sister may be moving in with us within the next month or two. Her and I love to walk, and she'll help me get moving more for sure! She's thin and doesn't have a carb problem thank goodness for her sake (she has Multiple Sclerosis) and it will be nice to have a walking buddy throughout the year. She's coming up to visit next week- she'll be staying for a week to see my son play in the marching band and my youngest daughter sing in the chorus on Open House night. She also is going to watch them run in their next Cross Country race. No doubt, we'll be cleaning out the room she's going to stay in while she's here. I was going to use it as an exercise room, but right now, sis is unemployed (she was laid off back in March- can't find another job right now, no matter how hard she tries) and I don't want her to live alone anyway, especially during the winter months.

Well, off to get some more happy housework done! I wish I was like one of my old friends, and enjoyed the experience of cleaning dirt and getting rid of dust bunnies, but truly, I HATE housework, LOL.

Have a great day everyone, and I hope everyone is doing well. Jane, where are you? I hope everything's ok. I miss you on here!
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-10, 14:50
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Audrey, I have been OP for over 7 years and maintaining for 6. I lost the first 25-35 pounds in 4 months, and the rest over the next 7 months.
That is really nice that you are having your sister move in- I can't imagine how wcary that must be for her to be looking for a job.

Last night the grilled chicken was great- tonight is leftovers. I am also making squash, rice and brussel sprouts along with the chicken and salad.

E
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-10, 13:25
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts/Hellers
Stats: 293/218/175 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default A couple of things

Hello all,
I am at the Golden Retriever National specialty show in Greeley Colorado. I am REALLY glad I brought some Atkins bars, because so far the "hot" breakfast has been all carbs. They do have good coffee and half and half though. Of course I would prefer CREAM.
So a question for my fellow dieting (actually, way of eating) travelers. If they don't have a workout room, what do you do about weighing yourself? I actually considered buying a cheap scale at Target and leaving it here. I really do a lot better when I weigh myself every day. Especially on vacation.
Second thing, ladies, does it make you mad how much differently you are treated when you are thinner? It really frosts me. Coming here, the guy from the long term lot at the airport practically killed himself rushing to my bags to put them on the shuttle. Then the skycap, same thing. Ok, you could argue they wanted a tip. I am "chesty" and blond, so guys tend to react to that. Anyway, 5 years ago I was much heavier, and in a wheelchair so I really needed help. I could not have been more invisible. So on the airplane, 2 guys jumped up to help put my carryon in the overhead, same thing to take it down. Then another guy came to my aid to get my big suitcase off the belt. This is not my imagination. Yes right now I have been out in the sun so I am tan and my hair is really blond. BUT, I am 53 years old! I am sure counseling might be indicated here as I really don't like all this attention from guys....kind of like my "insulation" so to speak.
However, I am MUCH healthier thinner, and I intend to make it to my goal weight.
One more question, how do I change my weight on my profile? I have tried but no luck.
Thanks everyone in advance.
Marcy
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-10, 13:50
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
first, Welcome Marcy!!!! To change your stats, go to the top toolbar and click on the far left USER CP and it will take you to options. I think you can edit from there.

I think it is something lots of people, especially women, have noticed on this site- the invisibility factor. Sigh. You must be looking great- enjoy it. Make it one of your personal issues to make sure no one is made to feel invisible. I try to do that.

About the scale- I have learned to trust myself on plan. If I eat on plan I come back from the weekend or the week [or 3 or 4] at the same weight. I am maintaining, and can give myself some flexibility, but not too much. So I might have a margarita and chips before dinner- go way over my hour- but I will only do that once or twice in the week- and not have dessert.
I HATE when they give me breakfast at t meeting- it is always carbs. I am going on a weekend meeting next week, and I go to the hotel restaurant and buy myself eggs! Works for me!
I hate all the bars (they do not agree with my!) so I bring ostrich meat sticks. I get them from my trainer- no sugars. I don't like them either but they are great in emergencies.

So what do you do with Goldens?

Tonight's RM (planned):
salad, cucumbers, coleslaw, supermarket roast chicken breast, roll with butter, water

I make the cucumbers and slaw myself. YUM.

DH and DS will also have rice.

Hope all is well-
E
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-10, 00:02
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Addicts/Hellers
Stats: 293/218/175 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Thanks for the help enomarb. I always have a house sitter for my dogs when I travel or work out of town. I have been doing 40 or more minutes of water aerobics every day in the pool at the hotel. Also I have strictly followed CAD. I have been having some great dinners! I'm not wild about the Atkins bars, but they are legal so I eat them for breakfast. So my guess is I am actaully losing weight, but I like to see those numbers! enomarb you are an inspiration. How long did it take you to lose all your weight? Marcy
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-10, 10:15
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
Marcy, I actually answered that in a post this week!

Had a supermarket roast chicken for dinner- yummy. Squeezed a lime over it and some fresh garlic, put it in the oven for 10 minutes- even better. ANd leftovers for my CM lunch!

tonight's RM(planned): salad, sandwiches with slaw, chicken salad( for me- cold cuts for DH), water.

E
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-10, 12:07

Plan: Carbohydrate Addict's
Stats: 160/152.5/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I stayed on CAD for 4 weeks and did so well. I have had a really bad couple of days. Don't know why....but I've been reading your posts trying to get myself back in control and I need the encouragement from the posts. I know this is the right woe for me.
Closed Thread