Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-10, 20:02
Registered Member

Plan: My own!
Stats: 132/122/109 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
FYI- Oopsie Rolls are home made and there are recipes for it in the kitchen section on this site.
So even in the UK, you too, can have them.

Ah, right, recipes. I'll get the fire brigade on standby now! I tend to steer clear of anything that has to be cooked proper (i.e. not nuked) because I have a tendency to fall asleep and, one of these days, I'm gonna burn the house down!

Chronic insomniac, y'see; I don't know why. I'm not tired now, but I probably will be soon, and then I'll go to bed and either not sleep at all or only a couple of hours and that'll be it! I've tried everything (except benzos - and I'm NOT going down that route. Was force fed them in hospital and they are pure, unadulterated evil things! I knew what they could do even then, but I was literally forced to swallow them; they gave me a choice: - tabs or a shot; either way, I was getting the evil stuff!)
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Aug-30-10, 05:40

Plan: Lowcarb/IF
Stats: 215/173.9/150 Female 5.5"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I think the point is well made, though, the rev-roll exception aside: if you spend all your time trying to find replicas of the high carb stuff you miss, you're not really getting into the spirit of the thing.
  #93   ^
Old Tue, Aug-31-10, 14:56

Plan: M-F vlc, looser LC wkends
Stats: 353.6/244.8/165 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 58%

this thread has completely lost its way.
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 05:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/141/135 Female 5,7'
BF:
Progress:

Agreed can we keep it about the zero carb bread because I have lots in my freezer and am very interested in where this goes.
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 08:09
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozub
Agreed can we keep it about the zero carb bread because I have lots in my freezer and am very interested in where this goes.

Hmmm....I think we know where it goes. The previous posts and analysis has gotten us there.

It may be LOWER carb but as for ZERO carb....NO.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 08:24
Induction ≠ Atkins

Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

Agreed with Lisa. The thread is entirely on track with the "zero carb bread"...all about proving that such a thing doesn't exist and while it's low carb, it's not 0. I'm really not sure what else everyone is trying to "figure out" about this stuff.

"Magic math" of Frankenfoods never really works out the way we'd like it to. You can do whatever it is that needs to be done to make the net carbs "0" (and you've seen how well that has worked out), but at the end of the day, it's chock full of ingredients that most low carb plans state we are to stay away from or eat from RARELY. It's not just about the number of carbs in things, but where they come from.

It's much easier to stick to whole foods. Nothing there to debate. No magic match. No magic bread replacements that are too good to be true. If you want to have it, that's fine - have it. But go into it knowing it isn't 0 carb, and follow the rules of your plan when having it. If you follow Atkins - that's to eat from grains rarely, if ever...and that's if you've found you were even able to incorporate them in at all (and that would mean you would've had to gone through OWL, which seems to be an unpopular idea these days).
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 11:47

Plan: NANY
Stats: 503/405/175 Male 72 inches
BF:plenty :)
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie
this thread has completely lost its way.

Not an unusual thing on the Internet.

What bothers me most about the whole situation is the apparent faking of a test report.

In the past I have used some of the low carb breads, but they always caused some cravings so I have not been trying them this time around.

I have been experimenting some with low carb bake mixes. So far I have been reasonably happy with the results.

Last edited by bobiam : Wed, Sep-01-10 at 11:52.
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Sep-24-10, 22:22
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I missed this thread and it was a cool one!

Just wanted to say, from being a member of several gluten free sites, I have heard of a number of occasions someone marketing gluten free bread that folks rave over, then find out it wasn't gluten free, it was a total sham.

So, if it tastes too good to be true, it probably is.
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Jun-06-11, 20:16
Think, then Eat.

Plan: LC / L-FODMAP / L-IgG
Stats: 276.4/231.7/199 Male 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Anyone else notice how ironic it is that this entire thread debunked most of the LC Bread by Healthwise and now, the very person who was selling the stuff is having their ads displayed on the website through the google ads?

I mean it's the same Healthwise bread and the same person Lindasdd (Lindasdietdelites).

At least they now admit to 2 carbs per slice.
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Jun-10-11, 17:35

Plan: Any low-carb
Stats: 280/270/185 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 11%

In my world, the quest for Low-Carb bread is an unhealthy longing. Being addicted to a poison is not a good thing, but eating "cardboard" because of poison withdrawal is nonsensical.

Again, in my minds mind, best get over the "hump" of bread withdrawal and do away with any substandard alternatives. I'll eat the real thing once in a while just to prove to myself that the word NEVER can't handicap my need for pleasure, but I mostly don't feel the need for it or "cardboard fake bread".
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Jun-16-11, 00:42

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 164/162.6/151 Female 5'3"
BF:Sure is
Progress: 11%

Anybody remember 5 years ago or so, how Kellogg's was strung up for not counting the fiber in carbs on their nutrition labels? Apparently there is some loophole in the law that allows this. So cereal with 14g carbs and 8g fiber (making these figures up for the purpose of example, btw) was allowed to state 6g carbs. It gives me pause...just how many food processors/manufacturers really have their feet held to the fire on nutritional claims? I mean, we all read nutrition labels and that's that...whatever the label says goes unverified by consumers. Maybe Healthwise, and this issue in general, isn't actually unusual? Just sayin'.

I'm thinking...read the ingredients and judge for yourself. If something has wheat in it, I'm not eatin' it.
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-12, 23:22

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

No, no.... I didn't just read 7 pages of this thread to be left with a cliffhanger!!! LindaDD come back...where's the new lab results? Did Monica ever hook up with Jonathan? Is Donna's new baby really the result of an alien encounter?

Okay, guys, this was fun.
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Apr-23-12, 08:42
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyspers
No, no.... I didn't just read 7 pages of this thread to be left with a cliffhanger!!! LindaDD come back...where's the new lab results? Did Monica ever hook up with Jonathan? Is Donna's new baby really the result of an alien encounter?

Your post was hysterical. I particularly got a snort out of the little deer, gazelle animal munching on popcorn.

You made me smile first thing in the morning. Thanks for that!
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-12, 07:39

Plan: Divinely Mine
Stats: 223.8/222.8/170.0 Female 5'8''
BF:
Progress: 2%

I needed to get my jicama with hazelnut butter on it just to read though this. Got lost in all the numbers, wondered how wheat is low carb and healthy, decided I'm still better off with the jicama as bread, and liked the ending of popcorn munching gazelle.
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Apr-24-12, 15:26

Plan: GEN. LC
Stats: 224.4/214.6/190 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyspers

I read through it too and was expecting new results too! Oh well. I DID notice you can't get to Lindas site, at least I cant.

ETA: I am now able to get on there. She still has the Zero Net Carb bread on there. Doesn't have any multigrain like in the ad a few posts up.

Last edited by PghLady74 : Tue, Apr-24-12 at 15:34.