Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Jul-21-10, 16:42
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Well now I know I'm an addict. I just spent part of my afternoon making an 80 minute Zumba favorites CD. I'm a dweeb
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-10, 19:07
Every day is day one

BF:

Where are my Zumba buddies??

I'm feeling sooo lonely
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-10, 21:32

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

There is a zumba class starting around the corner from me in the fall and I can't wait. Sounds like a blast!
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jul-23-10, 21:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Well, I am kinda getting bored with the hour walk everyday, so I have been reading this thread and you all have me intriged. I am not very coordinated so I will not be going to gym for classes, looked on Amazon and see several different options.

Is this a good/right one?

Zumba Workout 4 DVD's Latin Dance Fitness Set ($43.98)

Or is there another one that I need to get? Just a side note, I do not have a CD player in the house, just a Blue Ray/DVD player.

This sounds like so much fun.
Thanks,
Roxanne
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-10, 07:05

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 146/126.4/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 93%

I bought one on e-bay recently that comes with 6 different workouts and a pair of weighted hand thingies. So far I have only done the fitness basics DVD, but even that was a good workout. They break down each move and teach you how to do it. So far I like it
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jul-24-10, 08:27

BF:

Okay, I just looked on EBAY and only see sets that have 4 DVD's, does your have 6 or are there 6 workouts on the 4 dvd's? I can not tell if they come with the workout thingys.

I want to buy the right set, I would think that I definatly will need a easy one to start.

Thanks,
Roxanne
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-10, 06:40

Plan: Atkins/IF
Stats: 146/126.4/125 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 93%

The set I have is called Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set, and it sells for about $60. HTH!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jul-25-10, 08:59

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdreaming
The set I have is called Zumba Fitness Total Body Transformation System DVD Set, and it sells for about $60. HTH!

Thanks, I will see if I can find it.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-10, 14:40
Every day is day one

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdreaming

That's the one I have. It comes with little hand-weight-thingies. I got mine off Amazon--plus I think I got free super saving shipping
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jul-26-10, 14:49

BF:

Great, thanks Lisa.

I will try and find it also.

Roxanne
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-10, 09:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 245/212/162 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmLisa
So, I'm on vacation this week, just hangn' around doing stuff, not going anywhere.

I got up yesterday morning and went to 9am class--I have never gone in the morning during the week because I'm always working.

More "older" ladies and a few of the younger ones that I see in the evening class.

Pretty crowded.

The guy who just rocks it was there (which makes it even more fun because we egg each other on).

So...I got 2 really nice compliments that just had me smiling all day.

1. One of the older ladies who I know by sight who stood in the front row (I usually am 3 rows back) said I couldn't come to morning class anymore....she was so busy watching me in the mirror that she was distracted the whole time (I took that as a compliment) because the next compliment was...

2. From another of the older ladies...you and Luis just make me cross eyed watching the two of you.

Ahhhh....that was almost the sweetest thing anybody has ever said, and coming from these two older ladies made me feel kinda teary.(Ok--I must be hormonal, but it was so sweet)

Could it really be possible that I've lost more off my waist??!! I swear, I measured yesterday morning and I am an inch down. Not feeling as winded either compared to the first couple of times when I thought I needed an oxygen tank.

Class tonight.

Tomorrow I'm going to the 9am class again but also, one of the instructors who is brand new certified is having a shortie class in the afternoon. She wants a group of us to critique her before she starts being a primary instructor.

It is official. I can now classify myself as an addict. Geesh, I'm not even a month in and have to go to Zumba rehab.

Chelle--did you get your DVDs??!

Tasty--keep posting!

Everybody else...don't be strangers!!

Lisa

Good for you Lisa! I also noticed I lose inches even before pounds. Isn't that the part that counts anyway?
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jul-29-10, 21:46
Every day is day one

BF:

OK it's official...the owners of the gym I go to (she is one of my patients) asked me to get certified as a Zumba instructor. Apparently some of the ladies that I take class with have asked her when I was going to start teaching. I feel honored that they would think that highly of me and whatever minimal skills I possess. (I can be as uncoordinated as they get some days). Fortuantely or unfortuanately I won't be able to go until the second week of October (I've got a special patient due in September who I promised I would deliver--that means I am available to her for about 4 weeks--no leaving town for me). I'm thinking this is good because it will give me another 8 weeks of taking class under my belt.

I think the way it's going to work best is to be a secondary instructor--meaning I'll play tag in an on-going class time. The main instructor will do the majority and I'll do 2-3 routines thru out the hour. That way if I'm called out or can't make it, the class won't be cancelled. There's a new instructor starting next week and she said she would love for me to tag onto her classes. I'm looking at it more as the fun aspect not a "work" aspect--I get enough at my real work I went this morning at 9am--I don't think I've had that much fun at 9am since I was in Vegas

My mom is cracking up...when we went to the mall and went past one of those "young" stores, they had zumba type music blaring--I did a little shimmy and my mom just about busted out laughing. She's so easily entertained, I love it!

I don't know if you guys particularly like Shakira--I had never really listened to any of her music, but I'm watching a YOU TUBE video of her with the song "Hips Don't Lie". Wowza! How can that girl move like that??!! I'm going to have to break my bellydance DVDs out--I don't think I've looked at them in YEARS, but I think I'm going to need them (and a back brace ).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XV2...feature=related

Next I'm watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf0q6qtThF4

Whose done their Zumba this week??!!!

Last edited by cnmLisa : Thu, Jul-29-10 at 22:53.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 20:58

Plan: Less meat, more veg LC
Stats: 252/217/180 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 49%

I try to hit a Zumba class once a week--the instructor I usually get is not my fave--her dance moves are very fast and small and hard to pick up. But it's a great work out.

I went through you tube and made a DVD of zumba workouts to do at home. I just looked for ones with good camera work and routines that were easy to follow.

Haven't done it yet, but I'm all set to Zumba at home.

For anyone interested in Zumba, here's an article on http://aerobic-conditioning.suite10...m-a-zumba-class

F
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-10, 11:11

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I JUST GOT MY ZUMBA TOTAL FITNESS YESTERDAY!! cant wait to start
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Aug-18-10, 15:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo Mix
Stats: 240/204/160 Female 5 Ft  7 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

I LOVE Zumba!

I'm still waiting to order mine...but the nearby 24hr Fitness that I go to has Zumba classes!