Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 19:20

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 238/193/150 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 51%

Hi Lessara. Yep Im in Manchester I live on the southside up near the Elliot Hospital. Ive only been doing the LC thing about 5 weeks. Doing ok I guess it seems to go really slow but Chris (anybody) Has been really supportive.

We should all get together sometime

sherri
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Feb-28-03, 10:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/244/140 Male 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I have been reading the posts - it is great to know there are so many other folks close, I am in southern MA. just moved here from Chicago.

Pat
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Mar-02-03, 16:26

Plan: low fat,lowcarb..high pro
Stats: 302/175/155 Female 64 inches
BF:52/not good/22
Progress: 86%

Hi movin down,
I live in rhode island which i guess is technically southern new england but l spend weekends everywhere from old orchard beach to north conway and many others. Where do you live in ma. I work in franklin.
Laurie
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 11:03
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 273/260/225
BF:
Progress: 27%

I too, live in Manchester...over near Memorial high school...Lessara, what luck have you had getting low carb products? I have been visiting low Carb Heaven in Hookset/Manchester line but they are always out of stuff....I asked them why they didn't carry Almond Flour and they said they do not as it has a short shelf life and they told me to get it off the internet...made me wonder what all those other products they have in the refrigerator were considered.....

I have tried to make my own almond flour from, well, almonds, but too grainy....used a coffeee grinder....

I am learning to cook my own stuff, used soy flour for muffins for the first time this weekend( gave up on Almond Flour) with great results.......How goes it with you?

Just wanted to mention something that happened to me this weekend...I was at Bickfords on S. Willow street and ordered an Omelette and asked for extra cheese and bacon instead of pancakes. The waitress gave me a knowing smile and said "Low carb, right"?... I was amazed at how well known this WOE is becoming if a waitress can guess low carb just from what you order...very encouraging.....

Last edited by scottinnh : Mon, Mar-17-03 at 13:12.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 18:56

BF:

Hi Scott. I live near memorial Hs too!!!

About your almond flour. I found all the flours we need at the health food store called "A MARKET" on south willow street. well its actually off one of the side streets off so. willow. its down near the D angelos. I picked up almond flour, flax meal and wheat glutton flour there. very inexpensive too. just a couple dollars each.

good luck

Jaden
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 19:40

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

Next Low Carb Meetup is at Smokey Bones in Tyngsborough (right before the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua), Sunday, April 6th at 11 am. Hope to see you all there! We meet out front or in the foyer.

Bickford's will also sometimes charge you less if you only get the omelette.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 19:45
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Cool Hi all

A Market is the right turn at GoGo Gas on South Willow, as you go toward the Mall from Queen ave. I've been there many times. Diet Seltzer is there, All kinds of nut flour plus Almond butter etc.
Flax oil is there too.
Have you seen any Coconut oil, Jaden?
I work by the way, on Union street across from the Boys and Girls Club.

I go to the Hooksett Shop N Save, whoops is Hannaford now isn't it. They have lots of Atkins stuff and alot cheaper than Low Carb heaven. But I do buy my Lemon Advantage there at lowcarb heaven since Hannaford seems fond of the chocolate varieties.

Have you two noticed that the 7-11 caries Atkin Breakfast Bars and Fruit2O? Many of the resturants in the area give me mushrooms and onions instead of potatoes with my meal. So low carbing is much easier now.
I'm curious, Do any of you like Shorty's? What do you get that's low carb there? All I ever get is the fajitas...
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 09:27

BF:

Hi Lessara.

Ive not seen Coconut oil but then Ive never looked. What is it used for? And Ive also never heard of almond butter. Maybe next time Im at A market Ill get some. anything for variety.

Im looking forward to that huge new stop and shop opening up and hoping they will carry some low carb stuff. Its getting so popular now.

I dont eat at shortys. actually I bearly eat out at all anymore since starting LC. There doesnt seem to be much point when I cant have my frenchfries! It just seems like a waste ordering a whole dinner and only being able to eat the main corse with nothing to go with it. ( gag at cooked vegies) I do eat at "The Lantern" down by massabesic traffic circle. They have a hot /cold saladbar type thing. I can always find plenty to pick at there. They have all the normal salad stuff on the cold salad bar with different cheeses to go with it. And on the hot bar they usually have a roast beef, turkey, ham steak tips, chicken parts and a few different gravies. (plus a bunch of stuff we cant have) They also often have clam chowder which I splurge on and have a bit of picking around the potatos. (bad girl)

now Im making myself hungry!

sherri
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 09:42
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkLotus
Next Low Carb Meetup is at Smokey Bones in Tyngsborough (right before the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua), Sunday, April 6th at 11 am. Hope to see you all there! We meet out front or in the foyer.

Bickford's will also sometimes charge you less if you only get the omelette.

I wish you guys would meet on a Saturday sometime, I'd need a day to travel each way. Anybody want to meet during the third week in April (after Patriot's Day)? It's my school vacation week and I'll be closer.

Beth
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 12:09

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I'm up for meeting on a Saturday, it's the rest of the group from over at lowcarbfriends who isn't available on Saturdays. i can even do 4 pm and after too. I'd be glad to meet you
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 13:56
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 273/260/225
BF:
Progress: 27%

I have tried A market for almond flour. You are right, they have flax seed, vital wheat gluten but I could not find any almond flour.

I called and they said the could special order it in 25 lb bags...waiting for them to call me back now....
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 15:02

BF:

beth,

oopsie. when you said Anybody want to meet in april.. I thought you meant Anybody as in Chris . hehe.

But if you meant anybody as in Anyone.. Sure. lets set something up

(thinks of this as another opportunity to drag people to the Lantern)

jade/sherri
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 15:07
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Anybody as in anyone...or was that a Freudien slip?

Beth
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 19:19
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile Fellow Manchester low carbers

I was at low carb heaven today, getting my Lemon Advantage bars, and I was talking with the woman there. She suggests we all meet there on a Saturday when Donna or she is there (I think her name is Sharon...not sure) She said call ahead and they would talk with us... maybe we can voice our needs and they may listen
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Mar-18-03, 20:17

Plan: Modified Low carb
Stats: 305/270/200 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

*gasp* Beth.your freudien slip is show..