Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-10, 22:26

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Weight is holding again today...I really shouldn't be weighing everyday.......I always say that but find myself caving out of curiosity

Enjoying time with Sarah & Brenden but it is going too quick.they will be going home tomorrow night.
cya later tomorrow as We will be out all day
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-10, 09:41

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:

Having an errand day with my Mom, she wants to go to a buffet. It will be a challenge, a while back they had grilled steak, but the last time they didn't. If they do today, I can make a steak salad and be happy. If not, I will make a chef salad and use the lite italian. Luckily, I'm NOT much of a buffet lover so that helps a lot.

It is raining like crazy, won't be fun getting Mom in and out along with her groceries!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jun-13-10, 05:01

BF:

HAd a great weekend and was OP but I am so tried I have to hit the sack! No loss today.I can get back to eating vegies twice a day now my visitors have gone !
Hope you had a nice time out Rebecca
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Jun-15-10, 03:52

BF:

Have had a busy day as we are having insulation put in the house. The men will be back tomorrow afternoon to finish off downstairs.
Already it feels more cosy from what they have done.

Did not weigh yesterday and today as battery flat on scales. Got it replaced later this afternoon. Hopefully I will be at goal before I need to buy another one

Eating yesterday and today has been on track. We had lamb tonight which was very nice.
Hubby ate chocolate in front of me tonight and it didn't bother me, not even the smell of it. But the smell of expresso coffee...... well THAT is another thing

Will seeya tomorrow then!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-10, 09:53

BF:

Mmmm, I love ANY kind of coffee, Pamela. I take mine black so ~ least there's no cream or sugar in it!

Another errand day with my Mom, won't have the girlies today or tomorrow but I will on Friday. Saturday is Alyssa's birthday party, her 4th bd was June 10.

Mom wants to go to olive Garden for lunch, I love their unlimited salad, don't eat the breadsticks usually, would rather have the salad. Yum! Usually I bring most of my meal home. I might get chicken scampi with whole wheat linguini. It will take a lot of my points up, but the whole wheat will help a LITTLE!

Have a good day, Pamela. Is it "winter" there? Its about 80* here today, it doesn't get cold here til Nov/Dec and in January, we get hit with snow.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jun-16-10, 15:53

BF:

Good Morning

Good to hear from you Rebecca Yep it sure is winter here.
Had a frost yesterday and had the best day but today is more like a black frost

I Am down 100 gms today...baby steps That's OK though as I did lose quite abit the lst 2 wks. I am meant to weigh in tomorrow but we leave super early for the airport so won't get online till tomorrow night.
Had visitors back for supper last night and had some positive comments about my WL Bout time though That's the thing,in wInter you tend to cover up and it doesn't notice so much!
Well I must get going..... enjoy your day !
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-10, 05:14

BF:

Sorry folks I was away all friday with going to the airport and then an hour after we got back home got called away to M&D's and Dad ended up in hospital over the weekend so just back.
I lost 700 gms( 1.54 lbs) last friday's weigh in.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-10, 07:29

Plan: atkins diet
Stats: 200/201/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -2%

How do you follow weight watchers low carb? I'm asking because I'm following Atkins now and I'm ready for a change.
I thought I was ready to switch last month but I was able to
keep following and I had now cravings but now its summer and I really want summer fruit and some grains too!

I really want oatmeal and dried fruit, smoothies and pineapple etc.; I would really appreciate any advice
you have so I can make a smooth transition.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-10, 14:51

BF:

Is this thread dead?
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-10, 15:56

BF:

Hi Catcookie

I am here even if it is abit quiet around here !
Iam in NZ so we are a day ahead of you guys abit of a time difference...it is nearly 10 a.m. tues here and probably evening for you over there on mon night!

Well I would try to maybe choose CORE type foods and lower GI choices.Berries are yum and good I started out with no bread and only used alittle basmati rice or kumera( sweet potato) instead of potato.
I always have rolled oats in the a.m. made with skim milk and I add a grated apple and cinnamon or mashed banana. I love it and it keeps me going for hours. I often don;t have lunch till say 1 or 2pm but then I am at home so it doesn't matter what time I eat! Cinnamon is very good for you and I understand it can help with WL so I take 2 tspns every morning with my oats.
I count my points also.

I have been having vegies or salad with mostly tuna or sometimes leftover cold meat for lunch and then I have lots of vegies at night with my meat .
I didn't really do atkins properly ages ago when I tried...... so you might have to go slower adding in foods..... expect a few lbs gain though when you intially change plans but if you just hang in there and keep up with your water you should start to see those numbers go down again.
I started out 5 April and I am down about 18 lbs and that is without exercising but I have arthritis...hoping to get more active as I lose more though!

Nice to meet you and all the best . Do visit anytime here or in our journals...there are afew of us here but the others are working gals

p.s. Catcookie...just re-read your post and I see you mentioned dried fruit....I would be VERY careful with that( it is dried so your body will take on more water temporarily mabe .....higher sugar content and therefore more KJ's....alittle may be OK further down the track as you find out how your body responds to different things. Wouldn't have too much of any one thing to start with, just mentioning ...I am still learning as I go and our bodies can respond differently to the same thing!

Last edited by Dreamy1 : Tue, Jun-22-10 at 05:25.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jun-21-10, 20:42

BF:

Thanks Pamela!

I'll take your advice about the dried fruit even thought I love mejoon dates! and slowly add carbs back in.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-10, 10:32

BF:

Catcookie.... thread isn't dead. Pamela is keeping us alive. I have a very busy lifestyle... I only work 7-12:15 monday thru thursday, however, I have the care of my 82 year old mother (she's still in her own home but it's 25 minutes from my home and I get no help from my brother). She was in an accident 2 years ago. A guy in a h/ac van hit her from behind, seriously injuring her and killing her sister. SOOOO, I take her to run errands 2 days a week. I also care for my 1 year old and 4 year old granddaughters while they're parents work. Our DD is a medical Massage Therapist, so I have the girls when she has clients. They will be here in a bit, actually.

So, welcome aboard, Catcookie!

Pamela, good doing! Baby steps are good, incredible.. and you are consistent so it will add up! You're amazing.

Do you know when Rachel's marathon is???? Hope she checks in soon. Thinking about her alot and wondering how she is.

Toodles, will check in again when I can and hopefully will have a loss to report.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-10, 15:09

BF:

Good Morning.....that seemed a short night even togh I got 7 1/2 hrs, lol!

Rebecca so good to hear from you again I know how busy you must be! I am sure Rachel's marathon wa afew wks back.
I was hoping to have gone over to see M&D again today but they are wanting a quiet day( not that I am rowdy ) so it looks like I will be catching up around here..........always something to do eh ...a woman's work is never done!
I love to see the pics of your girls on FB from time to time...they are lovely
Well I am down 800gms(1.76lbs) today which sure is a surprise.Makes my weekely total look better though I do have 2 more days to go till weighin!

I must keep moving . Enjoy your day friends
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-10, 15:29

BF:

Morning... I Am hanging on to yesterday's loss, it is MINE !!
Weigh in for me tomorrow.Wow that sure was a quick week!
BBL......have a wacky wednesday
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-10, 16:53

BF:

Morning
Weighed in and I am down another 400gms( .88lb)