Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 16:38

Plan: CAD
Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

I had a good time this weekend, for the most part. I got lost driving to my friend's place and it took me an extra hour to get there. Then we went to her friend's place and were drinking, after we walked home we went to bed and I had to get up 4 times to vomit! I hardly drank anything last night and I threw up so much. I won't be drinking like that again. Ever since I started LCing I just can't handle my alcohol, so I'm just gonna have to stop drinking at all because I don't like getting sick. It was even worse because it was someone else's house and I cleaned up as best I could, but I was still pretty tipsy and didn't do a perfect job.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 18:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/147/125 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 4%

Yuck I know how that feels.. that is why I was telling you that I don't drink vodka.. Welll I hope that you feel better now. My mom called me and told me my sister is ready to come here from my grandparents house.. I wasn't expecting her for at least another week .. I figured I was gonna have to cheat for a couple days but now she is gonna be here for 2 weeks .. I am not sure what to do .. I think I will just try to eat healthier and still not have any sweets .. and try to keep working out .. well the pool wasn't as bad as I thought it would be .. All of frined tell me that I look great .. But I dont believe them.. they have to say that.. heres a pic taken not that long ago .. actually I was 5 pounds heavier here ..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tna market.jpg (30.6 KB, 66 views)
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 18:40

I went and bought some new capri pants today. I had been wearing a size 20 and the ones I bought today were a size 16! I was pretty happy BUT when I tried on 16's at other stores they didn't fit at all I hate how sizes aren't uniform everywhere.

I just hope when I'm done losing that I'm about a size 10 or 12.

I measured myself today to see if I'd lost inches. I was pleasantly surprised. I did the measurments originally at the beginning of May, so this month I lost:
Bust: 3"
Waist: 4"
Tummy(across belly button): 2"
Hips stayed the same
Thigh: .75"
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 20:14
Registered Member

BF:

I defintely dont want to loose any in my bust
for you on loosing more inches!!!!

Sometimes I think that this diet might not work so well for me b/c I am not overweight .. b/c at 5'7 and 150 I am about average and I am a size 10 .. but I am just not happy. I probably would be if I had been this size all of my life but like I said earlier I was a size 4 so .. Oh well I havent cheated.. what do you think I should do about my sister's visit.. she is 13 and a size 16 .. she could use a diet too . but I cant put all protien and fat in her for two weeks and then have her go home and eat normally.. I sometimes think maybe I should just waatch my calories and continue working out because the skiniest I was I ate what ever I wanted.. I also played soccer everyday though.. Anyways have a good week!!! And I hope that you loose more How do you think I look .. am I just being silly trying to loose weight ? Or should I be happy where I am .. and just deal with the fact that age made me gain some weight?
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 21:09

Lol I don't mind losing SOME bust right now, but I'm still hoping to have quite a bit left at the end. Also, I take into consideration that in order to measure my bust, that takes into account my back as well, so I'm losing it there as much as in my bust.

I think that if you make it interesting enough you can get away without cheating MUCH over your sister's visit. Do stuff like wings and chili(which you've said you like) and just offer her something else with it that you might not eat. I know a lot of people on these forums are a lot more strict than I am with myself. I'm just not that way by nature, I'm pretty good and I don't cheat a lot, BUT I also believe that we all have to live and I think its better for you to cheat a bit & enjoy your time with your sister than to not cheat but have to be stressed all the time about food etc.

I think you look good, but I also am coming from a FAR different place than you are(I've Always been big, so being a size 10) I think that you should look at yourself and how realistic your goals are, maybe even talk to your doctor. If you're not happy with your body then I say do what it takes to be happy, I would just be sure that your goals are realistic for your body.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 22:21

Plan: Modified DANDR with BFL
Stats: 215/170/155 Female 5'6"
BF:gonna/bea/hardbody
Progress: 75%
Talking Hello!!

Hi girls! I saw this thread and I would love to join a summer challenge. I am also in college. I am a senior at UNLV and also graduate in December. You are exactly 1 day older than me aggieamy!! To be quite honest you look great but if I thought I could be a size 4 I'd try too. I think the smallest I have ever been was a size 7 and that was about 8 years ago. I just don't want to be fat when I graduate. I have these pictures from when I graduated high school and I looked pretty good. My goal is to look better than I have ever looked before. I think 137 is probably the smallest I could realistically be considering how much muscle I have (and am still gaining.) I want to have a flat stomach for once in my life. It is so hard being overweight at a young age (especialy in school) because it is just not as acceptable. I was a size 16-18 at my heaviest and just tried on a pair of 10s from high school and they fit!! Yay!! I don't look like any 10 that you're wearing though, aggiemay. It looks like you have got some nice skinny legs. My ultimate goal!!!

Congrats on your new pants Ivory! It feels good to see results. Keep it up you guys!! See you around!!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 11:03
Registered Member

BF:

Hey I graduate from Texas A & M in December .. I love Vegas .. we will be there in August ... I dont really have too much money. But we are gonna be in Phoenix in August visiting my parents so We figured ,hey we are only about 4 hours away Well I still get complemented all of the time and I still get hit on but.. Yep I look at pictures from when I graduated.. I'll post some of those later when I can .. And some people are like wow that doesn't even look like you . I'm like ummm hello I havent gained that MUCH ~~~~my least I weighed was 115 but I tried to gain weight when I was that skinny ... 125 was what I was happy at.. but looking at pictures when I was 130-135 it really isnt that much of a differnce .. I was stilll in a 6 .. so that is my realistic goal .... SOOOO happy for you that you are wearing a 10 now
I think I will have to cheat when my sister is here b/c she doesn't really like stuff like that oh well it willl be for proably less that a week .. and I am gonna work out.. I need to try to get my sister work out too .. all she likes to do is play on the computer and when I was her age , I played soccer, swam and speed skated I was doing something athletic at least once a day...
If I could only get my lazy butt up and be that active again
Ya'll have a great day
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 12:51

I've never been to Vegas, someday I'm sure I'll go. I am going to England for a week next spring. My best friend will be there for a year, so I'm gonna go on my spring break. It should be fun, I want to be a hottie before then!

I'm also looking forward to this Christmas when I'll be going to the formal for my program at school, it'll be great to buy a new fancy dress!

There's been talk about goals etc and I don't think I've ever explained where my goals come from. My first major goal is 184lbs. I had a body fat test(ecocardiogram) done last year and it said for me to have 25% BF I had to be 184, so thats my first goal, to be in the healthy BF range. After that it'll be more loss, and some fine tuning. I'm hoping to be a size 10 at the end of all this. I said something to my mom the other day and she said something to the effect that she didn't see how I could be a size 10...I was kind of hurt
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 15:12
Registered Member

BF:

Well what size is your mom ? don't listen to anyone ... unless they are complimenting you I know .. my mom is like you will never be that tiny again .. I am like ok maybe not, but I am gonna try.. sadly I think deiting is one of the main things that my mom supports me on .. even though I am not really big .. I am average but I think she just thinks of how "perfect" I was for a while.. Damn the ankle surgery ... What kind of exercie and stuff do you do ?? what is like your typical day of food like on CAD b/c I am considering trying that. I wish tere was a way to be skinny before I have to walk areound schiltterbahn next week in a baithing suit when we take my little sister there ... I mean I still wear bikinis but I know I dont look as good in them as I use to .. Vegas Rocks you should try to go there sometime ..
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 21:17

My mom is pretty thin, about a size 6 I think. I guess she was just remembering what she weighed when she wore a size 10, which is a lot less than my goal weight, but I am not as "big" as my weight would suggest. I am wearing about a 16 right now, and so is my sister, who is 45lbs lighter than I am, so I think once I get down to my goal weight(around 150-160) that a size 10 is reasonable to expect.

I power walk for about 30-45min and then do weights 4 times a week(a different muscle group each day) and abs are every day. Okay I should qualify this with that being the plan, I don't always follow. I did NOTHING today. I am in such a bitchy mood today, its that time of the month and I have a headache and I just wanted to be left alone with a bag of chips and a chocolate bar all day! BUT I didn't cheat today, I didn't get all my water down, but I didn't cheat.

On CAD I have low carb stuff for breakfast & lunch(1/2 protein, 1/2 veggies) and then at dinner(my reward meal) I have 1/3 protein, 1/3 veggies and 1/3 carbs. This is great because I can get a chocolate fix if I need one as long as its at dinner.

I am hoping that I will decent in a bikini by next summer. I'm gonna work my ass off(literally) and get toned and stuff by next summer so that I look fabulous!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 10:41
Registered Member

BF:

yep well I had been doing an hour of cadio evryday and an hour of weights , but since I am not taking summer school I dont have access to the gym and I cant afford to pay for one.. so I have some weights and a bench at home and I just ordered a pilates tape so I am excited to start doing that when I get it.. My sister is gonna be here on thursday and is leaving nextfriday . I think we are gonna try to just cheat a couple times.. we are taking her to a water park and I doubt there is anything low carb that we can eat there ... I normally wake up around 10 ,have bacon and eggs or saugage and eggs .. And then for dinner we have steaks, chicken. spinach, chili, wings.. I just made some heavy whipped cream and put a package of sugar free jello in it.. It was go good... I am gonna try to walk today and lift weights .. This diet has been so much easlier this time around because I havent had to beon campus and watch everyone else eat whatever they want.. my boyfriend and I live together so we are in our own little diet and workout world..
Have a great day
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 14:39

Ug! I wanted to go for a power walk today and its raining, and cold so its not making me want to go outside! I will do some warm up though and still do my weight stuff. My brother has the bench and weights, so I use that. I can't afford to join a gym either. You'll have to let me know how the pilates tapes are, I have been hearing a lot about pilates and may buy the tapes myself at the end of the summer.

I put on some of my old jeans today and they did right up! yay!

Being at home is making it easier for me too. I don't have the same schedule as anyone here so I eat on my own most of the time, except dinner which is my reward meal, so that doesn't matter.

Anyway I'm gonna go find some food for dinner, have a good day!
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 16:42
Registered Member

BF:

man I wish it was cold , It s like 98 degrees here. I got my pilates tape today ... That was by far the fastest I have ever gotten anything that I ordered on the internet. I am gonna do it soon , I am about to take a week off b/c my sis will be here but I am gonna do my pilates tape... I still have the rest of the summer , one week wont make too much of a difference I have spent the day cleaning and doing laundry YUCK. I have company coming tommorrow night to go out so I need my house to be clean .. I think that I might want o try to start that diet that you are doing.. how long have you been doing it , and how much weight have you lost ?
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 18:36

I have been doing the Carbohydrate Addicts Diet since Feb 26 this year(so a little over 3 months) and I've lost 30lbs, and 2 clothing sizes. That is without exercising much at all. I'm starting to now because I'm feeling better and have more energy and the weather is better(relative to the winter).

I didn't do anything today exercise-wise BUT I did get 3 chapters done of my stupid correspondence course! I have to take this course to try and get caught up so I can graduate on time...I dropped a couple courses along the way and if I want my degree on time, I have to catch up somehow.

98 degrees sounds nice to me, it was nice and warm the last few days but today was cold and not nice. It rained for most of the afternoon too. Today was a jeans & sweatshirt kind of day. This spring has sucked weather-wise, it's been windy and cool and wet. I just want sunshine!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 22:03
Registered Member

BF:

well thats good that you got some school work done, when are you supposed to graduate ? well the first pilates tape that I did was pretty cool , my back has been hurting for a few weeks now and it really didnt make that feel very good. OH well I am gonna do the long one tommorow. I wish that I would have lost some noticable weight so that I could be insperational to my little sister so she will try to loose some, she needs it way more than me. Of course my boyfriend has already lost 10 pounds and looks better .. hopefully he wont leave me for someone skinnier .. haha.. he didn't have much to loose ..he is just trying to encouage me by doing it with me ..