Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Apr-28-10, 19:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/151/143 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Yes - my sister-in-law lives in Rathfarnham - she lives near Marley Park. Well that isn't a similarity, but its all I got. Unless you teach exercise classes, or your last name is either Doyle or Clarke.

You guys got beat up pretty badly in real estate, according to my in-laws. Are you taking a break from it, or are you done? I do real estate consulting / development work for hospitals, which has saved me from our crap real estate market. That said, the residential market seems to be showing signs of bottoming out in my area (Washington DC suburbs)

How is the diet going? I'm at a stand still and have been for 6 days nows. Its getting on my nerves. I'm not really craving carbs, more that I'm getting sick of meat, chicken, eggs, etc.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-10, 05:03

Stats: 182/174/154 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hi

GrooveG thanks for your advice, yes am going to stick it out, I will do the time thing - til end of May, what a very good way of doing it.

I actually like this way of eating, am not feeling deprived at all and have had very little carb cravings and almost no sweet cravings - when I do get a sweet craving I have sugar free jelly with cream (yum)

I too will try and figure out how to post a photo when I get home tonight

I know what you mean by getting sick of eating meat, chicken etc., - I am dying to have something really crunchy !

Nikki am off to the Zoo on Saturday morning, am babysitting my niece (aged 2) for a few hours, so have to do something to keep her occupied, hopefully wont be raining !

Have either of you girls done your measurments? I never bothered doing this, though my clothes are looser.

Nikki sorry to hear you were made redundant from you job, quite a lot of my friends have lost their jobs too - sign of the times with this recession - think I would go mad if was at home everyday, would become addicted to Oprah, Jeremy Kyle etc., etc., ha ha, Hopefully the economy will pick up a bit and things will improve

GrooveG, I love the States, have been many times to Chicago (as we have friends living there) and took the kids to Florida three years ago (me and the husband were the bigger kids) - had a great time x
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-10, 06:46

Plan: General Low-Carb
Stats: 183/178/161 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Well GG my Nana's surname was Doyle and I'm from quite close to Marley.

Hate the "stuck phase" and really 6 days is nothing, you've done amazingly well - only 10lbs off your target, I WISH that I was that near to my goal.

However, I have a number of thoughts from my own experience :- I think the body needs time to adjust each time there's a weight loss, I like to think that it needs to find its equilibrium and this can take a while, you just have to go with the flow and not have a binge while your waiting for it to adjust. This usually takes a week or so for me.

Secondly I put on weight 2 times each month, TOM but also during ovulation (very personal chat here) and it's taken me until this year to realise this. The great thing now is that I have tracked the pattern so I don't go on a binge out of frustration when it does happen cause I know to expect it.

Lastly, if I do get really stuck, I up the exercise to above my normal routine, limit myself to 1-2 cups of coffee with splenda and cream a day (instead of 3 or 4) and cut out my two squares of dark chocolate evening treat and no alcohol at all- this usually works but its exhausting mentally.

Hey Gina, hope you've a really great time at the zoo, there's a lovely little playground in there but I warn you if you haven't been there in a while, it's huge now since they extended the park - flask of tea and sambos are essential packing and runners of course!!!

I did measure myself back in February I'm a bit scales obsessed so I haven't checked it in a long while but I have noticed that I've almost gone down two notches on my belt - happy days !!

Well ladies, I have to get off my butt and do some cleaning, enjoy your day Gina, GG your probably still asleep - happy dreams!

Chat soon xx
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-10, 08:01

BF:

Ah - ovulation. I wonder if that is what is going on. Those are good tips - thanks!

Doyle is my husbands last name. I think they are from Waterford or Wexford.

Thanks for the inspiration this morning ladies - I'm dragging today & have loads to do at work.....
  #20   ^
Old Tue, May-04-10, 03:25

BF:

Hii

well had a carb splurge yesterday - was out and had beer and then a bread roll - checked my ketostix this morning and am still in Ketosis - was wondering can it take a couple of days to get kicked out of ketosis, or am I just lucky and got away with the extra carbs???

g
  #21   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 09:56

BF:

I had several beers a few weeks ago and was in mad ketosis the next day - I thought I was off the hook. Turns out I was just dehydrated, which somehow made my sticks turn purple (my husband is a scientist - from UCD & explained it to me - can't remember now)

Are you still in ketosis today? It kicked out the following day for me - so 2 days. I couldn't get back in for a week, but I wasn't being very good either.
  #22   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 01:47

BF:

Hiii - yes amazingly I stayed in Ketosis and am down another pound this week - yippee - maybe I was just having a carb up thing and it worked for me. am sticking with the diet, its working well for me and I dont feel too restricted, am craving something really crunchy though how is it going for you ?
  #23   ^
Old Thu, May-20-10, 13:48

BF:

Sorry my Irish Friend-

I've been hanging out on other threads and forgot to check this one. I'm still in the fight, but I find this hard. I'm on another thread for "only 10 Lbs to go" and none of us are doing well. I think you have to go to a whole other level toward the end. In fact, I'm toying with the Intermediate Fast idea (check it out on Buddy Challenges - it is quite popular) Anything slightly narky makes me hungry the entire next day. I'm always hungry now. I tried a very short fast on Monday (7 hours, which to most isn't even a fast) and felt more in control and less into cravings.