Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Jun-30-10, 14:45

Plan: Figuring it out
Stats: 366/282.2/166 Female 5'6"
BF:YEP/YEP/YEP
Progress: 42%

btw, for anyone on Facebook I started a C25K -Weightloss & Runing Support group (called just that) if anyone wants to check it out. These are not Lowcarb folks but they are on the c25k program and trying to loose some weight. So there's some great c25k support and tips. Stop on by! The more the merrier!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 06:46
Induction ≠ Atkins

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/164/180 Female 69 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 118%

I completed w1d2 yesterday I decided that after such a poor performance, I needed to go back out there and try again...despite the fact it was raining and nasty out. I slowed myself to a easy jog, and I made it through all but the last run. So much better. I'm going to go again tonight, but I will probably just get out there and walk so I don't overdo it. Or maybe I'll jog a little bit...or just do it again! We'll see what my legs feel like by that time
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 07:35

Plan: low carb
Stats: 200/000/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Go Krys!! Nice way to stick to it!
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalr
I completed w1d2 yesterday I decided that after such a poor performance, I needed to go back out there and try again...despite the fact it was raining and nasty out. I slowed myself to a easy jog, and I made it through all but the last run. So much better. I'm going to go again tonight, but I will probably just get out there and walk so I don't overdo it. Or maybe I'll jog a little bit...or just do it again! We'll see what my legs feel like by that time

Awesome!! Congrats!! I definitely found that going slow..really slow..was key for me! I figure I can work on speed later. Congrats AGAIN!!!!!!
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 20:58

Plan: Atkins/SouthBeach
Stats: 218/205/165 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkclouds
Are you doing Week 2 right now? That's where I am and my program says to alternate running for 90 seconds and walking for 2 minutes, not 60 seconds. So you might want to double check that.

Congrats on running the three minutes straight though, sounds like you are ready for week 3!

I am on w2d2 today...and ur right!! I misread thanks for the heads up! I did J90sec/W2min! I just keep getting ahead of myself...that is typical of me though!!!!!lol just ask my hubby! I really need to print it out I just glanced at it and tried to remember the first 3 weeks.

Have a great weekend
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Jul-01-10, 21:10

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweny70
I haven't signed up for a 5K race YET but I really want to and soon. I've been debating about one that is the first Sat in August..but I'm worried that I won't be ready by then. I mean I will have completed the 9 week C25K by then & hopefully will be successfully jogging 30 min but I don't think that 30 min will equate to 3.1miles since my pace is so slow right now...Self doubt is a no fun! ;0) but I think I'm just gonna dive in and sign up and just do my best!

How about you? Have you signed up for anything yet?!?

No self doubt, U can do this, I mean just look at all your progress! Im sure your speed will improve buy that time. I plan on doing one the end of Sept! I have no problem with running, its my foot that holds me back..I injured it 2 yrs ago so I need to be extra careful, so far its been ok! Im gonna go check out that facebook thing!
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-10, 06:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebek
No self doubt, U can do this, I mean just look at all your progress! Im sure your speed will improve buy that time. I plan on doing one the end of Sept! I have no problem with running, its my foot that holds me back..I injured it 2 yrs ago so I need to be extra careful, so far its been ok! Im gonna go check out that facebook thing!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!! You are right there is no room for self doubt here..if there was I would have never even attempted this program in the first place. Ok--goal is by the end of this weekend to have signed up for a 5K. I'm going to find out what is all going on around the area and see what my options are.

An 5k at the end of Sept is great!! So sorry to hear about your injury but glad to hear that so far it's been ok. Guess you really need to take it slow and be careful and not push it too fast or too far. Wishing you plenty of success!!! I'm sure you are going to do great!!

The link to the support group is:
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=136083236402470&v=wall&ref=ts

Hope to see you there!
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-10, 06:53

Successfully completed W7D1 this morning! YAY! So grateful for the 58 degree weather early this morning.
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-10, 07:00
Induction ≠ Atkins

JEALOUS! It's 95 when I'm out there at night. YUCK.

AWESOME job!
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-10, 21:18

BF:

wow - you guys are going strong. I finished W4D2 today. The last time I jogged was on Sunday (I took a break during the worst of TOM) and that lag definitely was felt. But I did finish!
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Jul-02-10, 21:49

BF:

tomorrow is my last day for W2, even though I did all different times....but at least it's gettin done! I tried to find the facebook page but was unsuccessful, now I will use the link in the post here!

Just wanna let you all know that all of you are doing great!!!!!! Keep it up..
  #102   ^
Old Sun, Jul-04-10, 20:52

BF:

finished week 4 today! it actually took me 8 days to do it but I also did 3 days of curves and 2 walking workouts in those 8 days. Let's get STRONG!!
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-10, 09:06

BF:

I can feel the power! My mood is uplifted I have to give credit to this C25K, I know it does something magical to my body and this is only the 2nd week completed. I start the 3rd wk tomorrow. I do feel as if I want to go out right now and run.lol, but I know I have to be careful. I completed W2 on Sat and because I missed my friday workout for good reason (hubby was off n he took me out for bkft) so I added on to the session like 10 minutes and it felt great! I wanted to do more but I know my foot may not like it! It was hard getting started but once I felt the groove it was hard getting stopped!

My focus is on the rhythm of my step as well as my breathing! In through my nose and out through my mouth as slow as needed. I also try not to bounce so much, it saves energy......

Have an awesome week ladies!
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Jul-05-10, 13:47
Induction ≠ Atkins

I rounded out my first week. Had the 1 really bad day (my first day) and then did 3 more week 1 days.

The first 2 were easy - I did it out in the rain and it felt so nice outside. Today...ugh...95 on the hot blacktop track. It sucked the life out of me! I made it through, but not nearly as good as the other days. The other 2, I did a few extra laps and 3 extra runs. Today I barely made it through.

I have to fly to the Dominican Republic tomorrow for work through the end of the week. I'm not sure how I'll get my running in. It's not a good place to be out by yourself (not in the touristy part - I'll be in Santiago) and I'm not sure if the hotel has a gym. Hopefully so!!
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-10, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebek
tomorrow is my last day for W2, even though I did all different times....but at least it's gettin done! I tried to find the facebook page but was unsuccessful, now I will use the link in the post here!

Just wanna let you all know that all of you are doing great!!!!!! Keep it up..

Were you able to find it then? Hope so!!

Everyone is doing sooo great!! So motivating to hear about other people's experiences. Hope everyone is having a great week! I did W7D2 on Sunday..Monday was a rest day..Today is Strength Training and then tomorrow is W7D3 and the on to W8!