Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 06:43
Sugar is poison.

Plan: VLC/HF
Stats: 211/128/135 Female 66 inches
BF:More than I'd like
Progress: 109%

I made the White Castle Casserole last night, and it was a hit with everybody. It does have cheese, but otherwise it's meat/fat/eggs - oh and of course dill pickles! It really was good.

Thanks ljsmom for posting the burger-in-a-bowl idea - I guess I'm already doing it! I eat quite a bit of ground beef, and I add anything to it that sounds good at the moment.

JoAnn, that sounds soooo good - I think I'll try that on Valentine's Day with almond butter.

Suzanne, do you do the flank/skirt steaks in the crockpot? Are they tougher cuts of meat? I'd love to hear how you prepare them.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 06:43

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn.Fit
I know this is a M&E thread but I threw something together that really takes care of a sweet tooth. OMG!

2TBS Cream Cheese
1TBS Natural (Sugar free) peanutbutter
1TBS Heavy Whipping Cream
1pkt. Splenda
1/8th tsp. Cinnamon Total Calories: 240 Carbs: 6

Mix everything together and enjoy! It is delicious and tastes a little bit like peanutbutter fudge if you let it get cold in the frig. after mixing together. For some reason I found this to be very sweet tasting, not sure why, maybe should try half pkt, of splenda next time. Anyway, I found it on a link that talked about the Atkins Fat Fast.

www.carbsmart.com/fatfast.html

JoAnn

Sounds delicious! I have some almond butter that I bought from Costco. I have made something similar before, but not with the cinnamon. I bet that would really make it taste great. Will have to try this. Thanks for sharing.
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 06:57
Sugar is poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezlelee
Sounds delicious! I have some almond butter that I bought from Costco. I have made something similar before, but not with the cinnamon. I bet that would really make it taste great. Will have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

And I was thinking...if you added a couple of eggs, and nuked it for a minute, it'd taste like a danish <drool>
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 07:54

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

ArmyWife, glad you liked the burger in a bowl, I have not tried it yet since I just do plain beef, but it sounds yummy..I cannot take credit for that recipe, it actually came from Leezelelee, I just copied from her post..sounds very yummy....

Leezlelee, as far as the bathroom and staying regular issues go, I dont take anything and seems like on this plan, I pretty much stay on track. I have not noticed any difference in my body as far as that goes...I dont have really any good ways to cook my steaks since I dont add anything, except I just add some Mrs dash extra spicy seasoning and I cook them with some butter on top and cook them slow on an indoor grill..I am so ready for the weather to be nice so we can grill outdoors...

I would also like to hear anyones steak ideas, thats doesnt contain any other ingredients...

JOAnn, I read that fat fast article last night, very interesting reading.....I did a water/juice fast once for a week for religious purposes, lost the weight but of course as soon as I could eat again it all came back...

This thread is a saving grace for me, I was just coming on here so discouraged this morning, it seems like every morning last week when I would step on the scales ( as messed up as they are ), I would at least see some loss, but this morning it did not look like any loss at all..I was so disappointed as I have not changed anything, no cheats, nothing..I walked/jogged 3 miles last night, did everything the same...BUT I did have a VERY low fat day yesterday and ended up not liking my dinner and throwing it out...I was very hungry all night and ignored it and just went to bed....I kept asking myself if I was maybe not getting enough fat, and that was stalling me, and had asked someone on here that previously...Well, as soon as I opened this board up, low and behold I had a message from LaJuana who has great weight loss success, explaining that YES I do need the fat to lose....wow, just what I needed to hear and just at the perfect time...THANKS so much....I am just so into this and trying so hard, that it was just the words of encouragement I needed to hear...Ok, now you all think I am a chatter box AND nutso..lol

Thats ok, my poor husband got to deal with an emotional melt down from me bawling last night because i felt bad that he is trying to plan this nice valentines dinner and i told him all i want is meat..I cried because i am so difficult...lol..jeeshhh i am so sappy sometimes..lol

Well, i am going to get some work done, there is a class in here in the library, will check back in a bit..Have a teriffic tuesday everyone....Stacy
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 10:02

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 168/110/115 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:

I never cook steak or beef in the crockpot, I hate it. Cooking steak or beef just requires trial and error. Try different cuts and see which ones you like. I eat my beef very rare. I dry age it and then pan fry lightly.
I love pork ribs cooked in the broiler still the fat is crispy and they fall off the bone.
Many zc people love the rib eye, i like it, but could live without it.
You will be amazed at how different each cut of beef tastes.
The one cut I always hate is sirloin.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 10:04

BF:

Now, going out to eat for special occassions is easy, not need to panic. Two best options are a great steak house or a Brazilian BBQ. Check your area for a Brazilian BBQ, all you can eat meat, they are a real special treat. I try not to eat all day when we go there for dinner, so I can really eat my money`s worth! I always go up a few pounds after eating there, so stay off the scale for at least three days after!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 10:06

BF:

One last note! Talk to the butcher! They love to talk meat. Explain you are trying new cuts and wants steaks that do not need sauces or flavorings, see what he says. Each region will have different steaks. The pork in Quebec is amazing, but when I go to NYC it is terrible. But, the flank steak I get in NYC is the BOMB!
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 10:23

Thanks suzanneyea for those tips, I think my problem is that I only like my steak well done and I used to cover it in ketchup..I know my husband says I am crazy and i might as well just have a hamburger,,well now that I cant have ketchup, it seems like I need to really find a good cut with good flavor and he says to let him cook it to only medium to bring out the flavor and tenderness...he is like you and likes it very rare...I will let you know how our valentines dinner goes after he visits the butcher and gets some good cuts...talk at you later...
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 16:48

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Leezlelee,

Have you ever tried the GG Bran crispbread. It's nearly 100% fiber with only 12 calories per slice and only 2 net carbs. They are a vey flat wafer type crispbread and kind of dry if you eat them solo, but are very tasty with butter and cinnamon & nuked in the microwave. Anyway, I have found them to keep things regular. Just google GG Bran crispbread and you'll find more info on them. I can't have them too often, I tend to eat too many, but they are good as a treat.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 16:59

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Stacy,

I don't think you are being difficult about your Valentines dinner. I think you just really know what your goal is and how badly you want to get there, and now you've found a way to achieve it! I'm sure your hubby is trying to make your day special but maybe doesn't understand your need to be strict M&E right now.

I trust you'll have a lovely dinner whatever you decide to have! Maybe he could make a variety of your most favorite tasty meat dishes? Don't be hard on yourself though. You seem like a very sweet person.

JoAnn

Last edited by JoAnn.Fit : Tue, Feb-09-10 at 17:05.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 17:33
Sugar is poison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezlelee

I have a question for you all. Is there anything you take to help you stay (or get) regular? I've always struggled with this, but even more so now. I really don't want to take herbal laxatives on a regular basis, and was hoping there's something out there that would help.

Remember that protein produces less waste.

And consider ground flax seed - one one-minute muffin a day will keep you regular as all get-out

Plus plenty of water.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 17:37

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

Hi, all! Still on plan today despite having a cold. When I get sick is when I tend to crave those carby comfort foods the most, but I've had no trouble this time I've been drinking lots of hot cocoa w/stevia & sugar free soy milk, though That's been my comfort food... and I made 9 deviled eggs yesterday and managed to eat 7.5 of them all by myself!

Leezlelee: the only thing that has kept me regular on any kind of low carb WOE is my flax cereal & a hot cup of coffee in the morning. Since I've been eating the flax cereal, I've had no problems with going. There's a big debate on the health of fiber in the Zero Carb thread, but for me, it's been a god send, and is also a nice break from eating JUST meat.
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 18:27

YUMMMMMMMMMMM....I just cooked up some ground beef and added in some mustard,,,,,took someone elses advice ( sorry ladies I forgot who) and fried some chicken tenders in olive oil and butter for dinner and lunches for the rest of the week....I also made me a sausage patty and 2 fried eggs for dinner but have not ate yet as I am not hungry...Had my 100 ounces of water and thanks TO YOU ALL have my mind set back in the right place....Hope you all have a great night...I am so looking forward to the weekend...We are out of school Mon/Tues so that will be a long weekend for me with the husband and son...Hope you all are doing well...Blessings to you all....Stacy

Last edited by ljsmom : Tue, Feb-09-10 at 19:03.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 18:39

BF:

About staying regular. I had terrible toilet issues when I started, but I did nothing and trusted my body to work through it. I had some difficult periods, but now am perfect in potty area. It did take at least 6 months though, but nothing too bad. Mine issue was going too much, more than not going.
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Feb-10-10, 08:55

suzanneyea, I just saw your post and pic on the carnivore site, you are one beautiful lady....thanks for all your tips and support...Your note was just what I needed yesterday...

Good morning all my lc/zc friends, hope you all are doing great...I am feeling good this morning and am still full from my dinner last night of eggs and sausage....I brought my ground beef and mustard in for lunch....It finally stopped snowing here but is very very cold...It is homecoming week here at work so the kids are crazy bouncing off the walls..lol..

I hope everyone has a great day and talk to you later...Stacy
Closed Thread