Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 07:32

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Good morning all you sexy pretty ladies and hello to all our new friends.. .I hope this finds everyone having a wonderful Monday morning, feeling great, refreshed and ready for a great week...

moondaught, I am glad that you found us, so far there is just a small group of us, but the support and encouragement you will find here is huge,,,And so many people have given us tips and advice and if we dont know an answer we are willing to go see if we can find what one another need...I just love this thread and we just found one another about a week ago...It has been my saving grace many times....I tend to be a bit chatty at times, so beware..lol..Leezlelee and Marie are the ladies who do the ground beef bowl dishes...This is what Leezlelee had in one of here posts,I dont think she would mind that i re-posted it...

"""I had the ground beef with mayo. I just stir fried the ground beef, then put in a big cereal bowl and topped with shredded cheddar, mayo, chopped dill pickles, etc. Like a cheeseburger in a bowl."""
Marie said it is really good, I have not tried it, as I just eat my ground beef plain as I am on strictly meat/eggs/ water and nothing else added at this time

I am not hungry this morning, so no breakfast for me, but I brought in 2 grilled chicken strips for lunch and have a piece of steak from the other night left over for dinner...

I do know one place I am losing is my hands, my wedding rings are slipping bad and i am going to have to get them sized...I told hubby i will get them temporary sized because I want to lose more sizes than this...Now if my butt would just lose sizes..

I hope you all have a wonderful day and keep on losing...Stacy

Last edited by ljsmom : Mon, Feb-08-10 at 07:44.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 07:36

LaJauna, Do you do any kind of workout plan???.....Do you typically eat 3 meals a day??...Do you eat fatty meats or only lean meats??....Do you eat until full or do you watch portions??..Sorry if this is to much info, just trying to get info on what others are doing, as this woe is very new for me....Thanks for anything you would like to pass along....Stacy
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 10:12

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 168/110/115 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

hey guys.
I do neither high fat or low fat, somewhere in the middle I guess. I do have high fat days, but I usually follow it up with a leaner day. I ate eggs everyday last month and cannot stand the thought of them this month.
I just started working out and I am loving it. Nothing too major, just light weights and fast walking. I did not exercise when I was losing cause I had a new baby and no free time at all.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 10:26

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

LaJauna, Do you do any kind of workout plan???.....NO

Do you typically eat 3 meals a day??...Yes and No, some times I eat 6 times a day some times once.

Do you eat fatty meats or only lean meats??....Both, but when I eat lean I add extra fat with butter, oil or mayo

Do you eat until full or do you watch portions??..I never worry about my portions. I eat until I am full.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 10:46

Thanks LaJauna and suzanneyea for your tips....Its great to get help from others...Really appreciate you taking the time out to offer your help...Just finished up 51 ounces of water and I am chugging right along....Still snowy here in Missouri..I am headache free today..wooooohoooo....Its quiet here in the library, I think the kids are tired due to the weather ( i am a high school librarian for the newbies)...Hope everyone is doing well...gab at you later...Stacy
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 13:39
Armywife26

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Hi Everyone! Sorry its been awhile, been busy with the kids and preparing for my hubby coming home! Thanks for all the info everyone, I really appreciate it! I love you guys being so supportive. Since you guys are so great, I plan on starting tomorrow with Meat & Cheese and see how I do :-) I wanna lose some weight before my hubby gets home ;-) Do u guys also eat eggs? Or just strictly meat and cheese? Thanks for the help guys and you'll see me a lot more LOL
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 14:04

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

welcome, moondaught I eat a LOT of fat... maybe too much, haha. Fat is included on m & e

ljsmom: so glad you're headache free today!! I have a bit of a cold, I'm hoping this is as bad as it'll get, which isn't too bad. A little sniffly, a little headachy (more in my neck/tension), but overall not too bad. I have the day off today so I'm just taking it easy, only have to work 2-3 hours tomorrow as well, so I think I can hack it. Thanks for your healthy well wishes, all! I'm so glad you're feeling well today, Stacy!

Armywife: meat & eggs is the plan, not meat & cheese. Some people eat a bit of cheese, but in moderation because it can cause stalling. I eat lots of eggs some weeks, none other weeks, just depends on my mood, whether I have HB eggs ready & waiting (a great way to stay on plan, have hard boiled eggs stocked up in the fridge for when you want a snack but dont want to cook a whole meal).

for me, my meat & eggs plan includes lots of fat. I eat when I'm hungry, generally 3-4 small meals a day, drink lots of water. If I do eat any veggies in small amounts, I make sure to have a bit of protein along with it (last night I had a small head of steamed broccoli, with lots of butter, and some fried ground pork sprinkled on top).

I have not had ANY cheese or dairy in a few weeks now. I'm a major cheese head. I could eat cheese all day, every day, but I've stopped buying it.

I've also been snacking a bit on my room mate's sunflower seeds... not the ideal snack for M & E but so far I've remained in ketosis...

When I eat leezlelee's hamburger in a bowl, I just fry up ground beef with some spices and add a big dollop of mayo. I don't add any cheese or anything. It still tastes pretty good, tho, and makes the ground beef last longer (the idea behind m & e really is a high FAT diet, with moderate protein, rather than a high protein diet)
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 14:14

ArmyWife, I am like Marie, I eat no cheese..My menu is ONLY meat, eggs and water, thats IT..I eat eggs about every other day, I love them...I love cheese and know if I had cheese I would eat way to much...When I reach goal, I might add in some cheese, but it is way to early now...You can read some of the earlier posts and see some of my menus...They are pretty much the same, but they work for me...I eat no veggies at all, ever either...and I dont snack at all either..I just have to get this weight off this time...I am pretty strict and do things to the extreme and we are all different, you certainly dont have to do it like this and this way may not work for you....I eat my meat plain except for some no salt added mrs dash seasoning....like i mentioned some of my menus and some of the others are posted in earlier posts, if you would like to take a peek...

Glad to hear your feeling better Marie...Armywife, I bet your getting excited for hubby to be home..I know my husband works out of town away from me, and I see him only 2 days a week usually,,,He even has an apartment in the town where his job usually takes him, I hate it,,,,But we have to do what we have to do, just lucky to have a good job with the economy the way it is these days...

I hope everyone is doing well, I just finished up my 100 ounces of water and will be calling it a day in 15 mins....see you all later tonight...Stacy
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 15:04

BF:

I agree with the no cheese thing or at least very little cheese.
What kind of meat to you guys like to eat? I go through phases, right now I am all about chicken, go figure. I usually love burgers.
As for eggs, some months I love them. Right now, I am over eggs.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 15:58

I am loving turkey bacon and spicy sausage patties right now...with an over easy egg fried in the same pan and flopped right on top...YUM.....i also am loving some grilled chicken tenders with mrs dash extra spicy seasoning...i bought some steak and grilled it, but it did not have much flavor, i dont think it was a good enough cut of meat...my husband is going to get some good cuts of steak from the butcher this weekend for valentines dinner and i am excited to grill them and hope they taste yummy..he is also going to make some beef jerky in the dehydrator...i also like just plain sliced pepperoni but have not bought any of that yet.....I have some scallops left from last week in the fridge and think I need to make them tonight...I will just saute them in a pan with some butter....I have not been very creative and have just basically done the same thing, since i am the only one doing this woe, things seem to go a long way...next week I will try some new things like some different cuts of meat....any different ideas from others???...i know mine is blah since i am pretty strict and not adding anything else
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 17:45

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Hey Everyone

Just checking in for the day. Glad Monday is over. We are expecting a winter snowstorm tonight. Anyway, I had a good day of LCarbing. Breakfast was coffee with HWC, Lunch was pieces of pan fried chicken tenders, snacked on them in the afternoon also. So far for dinner was 2 fried eggs with 2tbs of cream cheese. Also snacked on 2 tbs of natural crunchy peanutbutter. I dearly love peanutbutter. I have to watch out though it can sometimes be a trigger food for me. I really need to drink more water and get back to walking too. It sounds like you all are doing very well with this WOE. Isn't it amazing how it curbs your appetite? It's really great finding something that works. I am enjoying everyone's posts. I have to try the hamburger in a bowl it sounds yummy. Take care and best wishes to all with your M&E journey!

JoAnn
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 19:03

BF:

I love flank steak and skirt steak, have you tried those?
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 19:40

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

I know this is a M&E thread but I threw something together that really takes care of a sweet tooth. OMG!

2TBS Cream Cheese
1TBS Natural (Sugar free) peanutbutter
1TBS Heavy Whipping Cream
1pkt. Splenda
1/8th tsp. Cinnamon Total Calories: 240 Carbs: 6

Mix everything together and enjoy! It is delicious and tastes a little bit like peanutbutter fudge if you let it get cold in the frig. after mixing together. For some reason I found this to be very sweet tasting, not sure why, maybe should try half pkt, of splenda next time. Anyway, I found it on a link that talked about the Atkins Fat Fast.

www.carbsmart.com/fatfast.html

JoAnn

Last edited by JoAnn.Fit : Mon, Feb-08-10 at 20:05.
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 19:56

I like flank steak and have had that,,,,but havent had the skirt one yet...will have to look for that one, thanks......I hope to have a big ole fatty t-bone or rib eye or kc strip for our special valentines dinner,,,yum.....JoAnn, that sounds yummy girlfriend, I would like to try that recipe when I get to goal...I loveeeeeee peanut butter fudge....look at these hips and you can tell I love all fudge,.....
  #45   ^
Old Tue, Feb-09-10, 06:41

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Wt: 186.0 Ugh!

Good morning.

I am totally loving all the activity on this board! I'm going to stay at my desk over lunch and catch up.

Last night for supper I had steak and Caesar salad. I was at a dinner meeting at Tony Roma's.

Don't know my my weight is still creeping up. It's frustrating. I do no that I have a problem with HWC, but over the weekend I found the Almond milk in a 1 litre tetra pack. It was on sale 3 for $10, so I stocked up.

I have a question for you all. Is there anything you take to help you stay (or get) regular? I've always struggled with this, but even more so now. I really don't want to take herbal laxatives on a regular basis, and was hoping there's something out there that would help.

For breakfast I'm having eggs. Probably will have them scrambled and topped with hot sauce. Lunch will be more cold roast beef. Supper will be t-bone steaks. Anyone have a favourite quick and easy steak recipe?

Have a super day today everyone. Be back later.
Closed Thread