Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Dec-26-09, 08:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/152.5/135 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 42%
Default day 3 of 3 a day

yesterday I was tired but my son was up two times that night. I find that my symptoms are aggravated if my sleep id interrupted. Today same thing. I get tired again at around 1 or 2 but then pick up and go to bed at about 9:30.

My bowels are still not right. Very sticky and not seeing candida in them I don't think anyway. Hoping this will change soon and I get a few nights in a row f good night sleep.

I got a yoga dvd so I am going to start that as well to side if that helps me with the energy.

I got through Christmas with no cheats though YEAH ME!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Dec-27-09, 09:53
Registered Member

today my daughter has a stomach bug and apparently half the people who attended the Christmas dinner do as well!!! FABULOUS!!!!!!
not feeling groovy today, headache, dizzy spells, tummy is just not right but I managed to get my antifungals down probably the stomach bug too!!!

Gotta tell you, it has been a LONG December
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-09, 12:51

Plan: N/A
Stats: 140/140/140 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Yikes! Sorry to hear that and I hope you all feel better soon.
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-09, 16:00
Registered Member

I seem to have the metallic taste back and am weak and shaky again today. Light headed when I stand up too long. I think this may be my die off as I have been on the high dosage of antifungals now for the third day. Thoughts????
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-09, 16:28
Registered Member

Default 7 days on high dosage of antifungals

Okay so today I am 2 1/2 weeks in on the diet and 7 days in on the highest dosage of the antifungals. My next appointment with my naturopath is Feb 26th (so long away!!!!)

So today I was tired and that was all. Yeah!!!!!!! I started some yoga and I took my son and dog for a 1 1/2 mile walk felt good.

The metallic taste is gone and I am hopefule that all is good. The only issue is that I ate some potato and turkey left over made into a goulash of sorts and I am not sure if there was wheat in the sauce??? Guess I'll find out tomorrow!!!!
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jan-01-10, 10:56
Registered Member

Default Starting Week 4

Okay so today is the beginning of week 4. Was hoping to be back to a hundred percent by now but no so. I get shaky if I do not eat and if I do not get a sound sleep. I get slight headaches too.

Far better than I was but would prefer to be back to a hundred percent!!! I guess that is asking too much. I have started going some exercise and I have a horrible resting heart rate of 80 beats per minute!!!! I am so out of shape!!! I used to run and it has been 3 months since I have done anything. I guess I am at the starting line again.

I have started the toning yoga and let me tell you I feel it. I am going to start jogging again as well.

Wish me luck!!!
  #37   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-10, 15:13
Registered Member

Okay so I am 1 1/2 months into this diet and all of my symptoms are gone !!!! YEAH!!!! Happy New Year to me!!!!!

The problem is that is diet has become much more difficult now that I am symptom free and do not get any more symptoms if I stray.

So the goal is to remain on the diet until i see my naturopath Feb 26th. Wish me luck. It is getting harder!!!!!
  #38   ^
Old Sun, Jan-10-10, 23:02

Plan: Paleo/Anti-Candida/CFS
Stats: 185/172/125 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 22%

I just read through this whole thread and it is very inspiring. I have known that I've had candida for about six years now...and I start the diet and quit, start and quit, start and quit. Last year I finally had the official test which confirmed what I already knew...and got diagnosed with CFS at the same time. this has to stop! 10 weeks and symptom free sound good to me!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-10, 06:08
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 185/173/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20lbstogo
Okay so I am 1 1/2 months into this diet and all of my symptoms are gone !!!! YEAH!!!! Happy New Year to me!!!!!

The problem is that is diet has become much more difficult now that I am symptom free and do not get any more symptoms if I stray.

So the goal is to remain on the diet until i see my naturopath Feb 26th. Wish me luck. It is getting harder!!!!!

That's great! Are you still symptom free? What were your symptoms exactly? I still feel like crap. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to get prescription strength antifungals. That's good to know somebody beat it though. Congrats!
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-10, 08:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/154.5/135 Female 5'5"
BF:38.8%
Progress: 51%

Hi Jason 1984,

I was very weak and shakey everymonring - - so much so that I would almost pass out!!! I got VERY bad headaches and it was difficult for me to have the energy to get through the day. I have three children the oldest is 5 and making dinner was literally the hardest part of my day as it took every ounce of energy. I was in bed by 8 pm every night. This lasted for almost 2 FULL months.

My typical day is:
get up, get dressed tajke my antifyungals on an empty stomach (Candida Clear 3 a day), 2 drops of Oregano Oil. At the earliest 1/2 hour before eating anything!!! When I ate breakfast 1 took my multi-vitamin and extra Vit c
BREAKFAST - 1 or 2 rice cakes with almond butter OR plain yogurt with 1 hard boiled egg

LUNCH - salad with baked chicken with olive oil and leomon dressing and homemade chicken soup (no noddles or potates)

SNACK - about 3 pm 1/2 or 1 granny Smith apple (a small one)

Dinner - some sort of meat baked no sauce only spices and a salad

Throughout the day I would drink about 60-70 ounces of water with lemon

Just before going to bed I would take 2 probiotics and drink a cup of cranberry juice. The cranberry juice is pure and very sour and ! would take it 1 parts cranberry to 3 parts water. I started this the last month becasue I kept getting back pain and was concerned it was my kidneys.

Anyway it was so gradual. I could tell you if I felt better from one day to the next but I could tell you from 1 week to the next.

I will tell you that being tired REALLY affects me still. If I have to get up in the m iddle fo the night for one of my kids I am VERY drained the next day.

Good luck to you. I COMPLETELY empathize with your struggles!!!
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jan-15-10, 10:04

Default Spoke too soon

Well the title of this post says it all. I have been feeling good for about 2 weeks now and have been slipping off of the diet for about a week now. I didn't notice any return of any symptoms so I thought okay. However, today I was am a little shakey and have a headache. I also have a cold that is behind my eyes, thanx to my 20 month old!! But I shouldn't be shakey!!! So I am back on diligently. I am going to have to stay this way until I visit my naturopath at the end of February and see what her suggestions are.

I have posted an "Afterwards" question on the main board as to what to do after the diet. Incase any of you have any tips.
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jan-20-10, 10:15

So I am back on the diet again and I am still dealing with slight symptoms. Mild headaches and kittery feelings. I feel better once I get moving around but still there and was NEVER there before. The part that I quesiton is am I just more intuned with myself than I was and this was normal for me or am I still suffering? I will follow the diet until I talk to my naturaopath (Feb 26th 1 pm) to see where I stand in regards to eliminating this. I also think I am not eating enough which is the worst for me to get into as I prone to forgetting about myself until dinner and tehn relaizing "hey I haven't eaten anything". I also have a complete physical set with my DR for Feb 2nd so we'll see what he has to say as well.
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-21-10, 12:58
Registered Member

Plan: candida diet
Stats: 116/113/110 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

It's great reading this thread to see the progress everyone is making. It's really inspiring!

I had some good news yesterday too. I saw my practitioner and he did some tests and confirmed that my candida is now under good control. He is keeping me on the diet and meds for awhile longer (at least 6 more weeks) but some of the foods I was intolerant to before he says I am now showing up as being able to tolerate.

I can reintroduce soy, but only Bragg's Aminos soy (a very pure version with no additives and lots of good amino acids) and only just a little to start. I'm still testing out as VERY allergic to yeast, though, so looks like I'm still off the croissants and cakes.

I'm feeling better with good energy levels. I don't have a problem with the diet, but that might be because I have learned a lot of really good new recipes which are anti-candida and easy to make, including Thai green chilli sauce which I have with turkey or chicken strips on brown rice, sweet potato pie with pecan crust (this one is really good and low carb!), carrot and beetroot smoothies, and lemon-baked cod on tomato lentils with bacon (ok, I know, but there are worse foods for candida than bacon! ) so I'm getting enough food and not feeling hungry.

Fingers crossed that in a few more months I'll be mostly candida-free. Fingers crossed that you all will too!!!
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Jan-22-10, 07:37

So happy to hear that there are others here that are healing. Most people only seem to post when there are issues and they are dealing with symptoms. I will conitnue to post after I am feeling better as well so people can get a full picture of the healing/recovery/maintenance phses.

Annajen - my fingers are crossed for you!!!!
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Jan-22-10, 10:08
Registered Member

Stats: 215/202/160 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress:
Default what a good range to keep carbs for candida diet

how low do you keep your carbs on the candida diet and how long usually diet take to be heal???