Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jan-24-10, 13:08

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

Well today is my rest or stretch day. I will stretch. Next weekend i will check in on this thread to report on my thoughts about recovery week. Thanks for your insite. This is an interesting journey. I am enjoying it.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Feb-01-10, 20:22

Well I said I would check in after my first recovery week and it went great. Lots of cardio. Think my body is having other issues, I have to up my fiber, scale has been up and down the same 2 pounds for 2-3 weeks, not good. I did ask my husband to be honest about if he could tell a difference in my body since the scale isn't being kind and he did say my body is taking on a differnt shape, that it's shaping up. My clothes are fitting differently and I find myself carrying myself better. Guess it's doing something. It has to be doing something, right?
will update in 30 days if nothing major to report before then
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Feb-02-10, 21:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

P90X rocks i am semi doing it along with tae bo and boot camp.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 07:06

I am enjoying it 100%. Day 31 today. I am a wee bit sore again. This is all good. Can't wait to see the end results!
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 13:05

P90X is not for everyone, and many people might want to start with something a bit less intense. I got the program at home got a great deal on ebay.

I would suggest anyone who want to start the program to get some resistance bands maybe instead of the pull up bar.

I am a 220 pound man and do have a very hard time lifting myself doing chins, after a month or so i could still barely do 3 reps. With the bands i do feel a lot more contraction and that the muscles is worked more.

Being injured for the past 8 years got me reflecting a lot on power lifting and heavy weight lifting and more.

I do realize that being older (37) my body cannot do what it used to when i was 20, lifting 505 pounds squats and deadlifting 405 for reps will tear my body a lot more and damage it then do it good. Most bodybuilding website will tell you that you cannot live without squats and deadlifting well they really are not aware of the arm you can do to your body doing so.

I am glad that Tony Horton got P90X out because it works it really does, and its complete, you have the diet, you got your cardio, your core training dvd and your extra long yoga dvd LOL.

P90X is an honest program that will never over charge your spine, just be careful on the standing db press exercises this is where the bands come in really handy because you get full tension on the delts and not in the lower back and more.
I am mixing it up for now, doing a bit of P90X along with Tae Bo Ripped 2 and Bootcamp dvds.

I really love this new way of thinking not building big muscles but going for the thinner more healty look, if i would have known then what i know now i would never have gotten injured.

P90X has squats but most of them are done bodyweight, and with light db so you get minimum overload on the spine.

Good luck to anyone trying P90X its the best thing around, right now i am doing bit of both because i am not 100% pain free but at some point i would love to give P90X a money for its run.

Look at Tony Horton and Billy Blanks both in there 50 and looking GRRRRRRR just awsome.

I need to change my avatar because i gained weight back, but you always keep coming back to what works and low carbing is where its at.

BTW the first segment diet of P90X is a semi very low carb to kick start fatloss.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 13:42

I am doing the lean version of p90x it is great! Day 31 today. I am considering doing P90X classic after I finish with the lean. I am a 46 year old grandmother and I am loving it! Never too old. I can't do it all as accuratly as they demo in the dvd's but I do my best and see improvement each and every workout!

Push Play!
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 15:33

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturkeyldy
I am doing the lean version of p90x it is great! Day 31 today. I am considering doing P90X classic after I finish with the lean. I am a 46 year old grandmother and I am loving it! Never too old. I can't do it all as accuratly as they demo in the dvd's but I do my best and see improvement each and every workout!

Push Play!

You are right you are never to old, i do have plans to get back in martial arts at one point, the only thing is that it takes a bit longer to get back in it if you know what i mean.

For me each time is a bit longer, i was able to work myself up to 30 push ups on the Chest and Back DVD of P90X on almost all push up variations but it did not happen overnight, i had to put in a good 6 weeks maybe longer it was last year.

The lean version is very good more cardio, i love the KenpoX and CardioX dvds. But for cardio at least for me, no one beat Billy Blanks for now, and i was quite impressed to see how much tension you can get from resistance bands compared to weights.

I will be checking on your progress and can use it has motivation, keep up your great work and most important stay injury free.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-14-10, 21:41

Ok, it is day 42 of P90X and it is going great. I sound like a broken record. Getting better at it every day. loving it and can't wait for the end results. Am enjoying having people ask me about what i'm doing and that is while I'm in heavy winter clothes they can tell a difference, just wait til spring gets here, if it ever does! LOL
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Feb-15-10, 17:23

X-stretch and Yoga X is what i am doing right now along some full bodyweight training, that is all i can manage to do right now with my upper and lower back pain, but still quite amazing.

People who want to get into P90X must really hang on to yoga X, a lot of people will actually skip that part as they will also skip the X strech dvd, big mistake. Yoga X is really hard for the first 40 minutes you get into some serious power yoga but after that its regular yoga pose and its very relaxing. After completing the whole 1:30 you really feel so good.

I really wish that my back pain can be fixed in the near future so i can get into P90X the full workout, classic one for the people who know it. I am 37 right now and older people who get true the workout are my inspiration.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Feb-16-10, 09:26

I started week 7 of p90x lean. I do plan on moving on to the classic version once I finish up the lean version. I am 46 will be 47 in August! LOL
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-26-10, 16:36

Finishing up week 8 of p90x lean. It has been recovery week. I am still loving it. I have been looking at others before and after pics. I think the biggest change comes between 60-90 days. I am almost at 60 days! I can't wait to see the end results!
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-10, 12:52

hello, just an update. Today is almost the end of week 10! I can't beleive it. I am lowcarbing doing P90x, P90x is telling me that is why my scale isn't moving, friends tell me to forget the scale whatever I am doing is getting results. So yes I decided yesterday to NOT weigh, to keep eating lowcarb and to keep pushing play! I have 22 days to go until I complete round one of p90x lean. I will take a week or two break, (walk or something during those two weeks) then start back up with P90x classic! I think the lean has more then prepared me for classic! Even on of the men at work very politely and innocently complemented my changing body. I didn't realize it was that noticable. I work with mostly men and I do make sure I dress very conservatily at work, baggy jeans and henly shirts to be exact. So p90x does work. I will have to say I don't think I will the WOW defination body that the commercials show but I do have a much much firmer body. When someone asked me if my results are the like the ones on tv i replied, they probably started at the fitness level I am now or near it. I started not being able to do a real situp or a real push up. I have come a long way and still have 3 weeks to go! Lets see how it works for me.
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-10, 08:17

When you cut all carbs your thyroid at some point slows down and yes that can be a cause why you are not losing weight anymore.

P90X is so extreme the first phase is low carb high protein but second and third phase do allow carbs, you need glycogen as well.

Scale can be very misleading because with P90X you will build muscle and this weights a lot more then fat, i am 220 pounds and people cannot believe it when i tell them my weight, i do have a good bf% around 20% but i have been weight training for so long that some of this is muscle, even if i am not cut up i am still very massive.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-10, 14:53

Well I have 8 more workouts to go including today's. I haven't stepped on scale or pulled out a tape measure since March 3. I will weigh and measure on wednesday if possible. I will take after pictures the following Monday, I think. It has been a great journey!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Mar-29-10, 05:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/141/135 Female 5'3
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 85%

Hi x! I posted about getting my copy of P90X a few days ago but I hadn't seen your thread. It's very inspiring to read about your successes with the program. I currently go to the gym mon -fri, use the weight machines, free weights and cardio machines as well. I am going to add the P90X program to my afternoons and just do cardio at the gym in the am starting today! I'm excited to see the inevitable changes! I turned 36 last Monday and have managed to lose 20 pds since January, I hope this will get me lookin leaner and shaplier. I look forward to your after photo's and hope that you will continue to post through the classic program as well since I intend on doing the same thing.. who know, maybe I will climb Everest