Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-09, 09:32
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Vel
Welcome back!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-09, 10:45

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Thanks! I was hoping you would still be here, Zuleikaa! )
I'm on track with CAD today...eggs for brekkie, cabbage and cheese (a bit) for lunch. Feels good!

See you soon, waiting for my journal to be reactivated.
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Sep-04-09, 14:22

Plan: CALP & Exercise
Stats: 236/129/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hello everyone,

Vel, nice seeing you back again today. I hope you have an easy time getting started again and I look forward to getting to know you.

I had a crazy morning trying to catch some of our rabbits that escaped. There were four roaming around and since I was able to catch two of them, there are only two left for me to catch. I have not given up but I may have to go buy another net to give me a helping hand.

Thursday, 9.03.09

Menu
CM: 2 cups of black coffee
CM: Pork chops and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad of romaine w/bacon, cheddar cheese, cucumber & ranch, chips & salsa, (Take Out) carne asada burrito w/beans, cheese, rice, & salsa in a flour tortilla

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch
  #64   ^
Old Sat, Sep-05-09, 06:22

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Well, I survived my first day. It was hard though, in part. All day was easy but I stayed up really late, and the last hour was a struggle. I didn't give in and it feels good. And past experience tells me it will not be so hard for long.

I'm going to have to be extra diligent today..weekends are always the hardest time for me.

Yesterday:
CM: 2 eggs fried, one cheese slice
CM: raw cabbage, about 2 oz marble cheese
RM: chicken tenders, big bowl of coleslaw, 1/2 order of fries, oh henry bar, five kraft caramels.

Feels weird/good to be writing that all out again! LOL
Balance/schmalance, eh? Well, I am just happy to have made it through day one.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Sep-06-09, 02:59

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 224/195.8/160 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 44%

Morning All
Week three results = half a pound down. I am happy with that as I did a crazy experiment at the beginning of the week to see just how much difference it would make if you eat outsde your RM - everyone had been telling me this diet only works becauseof the calorie deficit... anyway, don't do it friends!!! It caused me to gain several pounds the next day. I omited that day out of my average weight as it would have thrown everything out for this and subsequent weeks. Anyway, got back to the program and am thankful for the half a pound loss.

I ate my RM really late last night as we were at a party and they still hadn't served the food at 9.30pm! They were bringing round delicious looking indian snacks all evening and I didn't even have one despite being really hungry! I usually eat my RM with the kids at 6pm so my stomach was growling. Anyway, we left the party and went out for a late dinner. I don't think I have appreciated food like that for a long time!

Plan for today:
Breakfast - s/f caramel cappuccino
Lunch - omelette (either feta and bacon or tuna and cheese)
Dinner - roast beef dinner followed by treacle tart and custard :-)
Exercise - lots of housework.

Have a great Sunday x
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Sep-06-09, 11:39
Registered Member

Plan: ~ CAD ~
Stats: 276.6/272.0/175 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Smile

DH brought home tickets to The 3rd Annual Paella {Spanish Rice} Festival in San Diego TODAY at 1pm on behalf of the Al Bahr Shrine Temple Transportation Fund... {he works for the Shriners } im scared............................................. i know i can be good... but Paella? i guess my RM will be there today... STICK TO 1 HOUR LILEEE... STICK TO 1 HOUR LILEEE... STICK TO 1 HOUR... STICK TO 1 HOUR... {im psyching myself out}
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Sep-06-09, 18:36
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

well... i made it... No Mess Ups! we got there around 1pm and the Paella wouldnt be ready till around 2:30 or 3pm so we just chit chatted a little with some Shriners DH knows and then we went to a Large Mall and walked around Window Shopping... then he took me to an Old Time Diner and i had a Regular Meal WITH a Salad... and on the way out we stopped by the See's Candy Store and picked up a Chocolate Bar to share so my RM ended up being really nice...
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Sep-06-09, 21:06

Plan: Mostly Atkins
Stats: 185/181/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi everyone,

I was here about 6 months ago. I've been crazy busy with my senior university classes and graduated this past May (though I'm 28 btw). I then spent all summer trying to find a job and was unsuccessful. Talk about stress! Of course with me as soon as I get too much stress and not enough time to do fun things for exercise and time to plan healthy meals, I start craving sweets/noodles, etc. Bad girl.

Anyway, regained about 10lbs since my lowest weight last year, and am trying to get myself gathered together and back on a good LC WOE.

I keep teetering between doing strict "atkins induction" type LC and CAD. I think I'm going to try CAD again, as what keeps messing me up is going out to buffet style restaurants with my family (I live with my mother) and it's just so hard to pass up a little bit of carbs - esp chocolate cake my weakness!

I do have to say, that even though I'm frustrated that I've never made it to my goal weight, if I hadn't found LC I probably would weigh much more than I do now. Also, my preferences for food types have changed permanently. I WANT protein and couldn't imagine eating something sweet without having protein with it. So all it not lost. I'm getting there.

Will be re-reading CAD and CALP for motivation. Wish me luck, I really need to get at least 20lbs off so I feel less exhausted all the time.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Sep-07-09, 06:24

Plan: Atkins now CAD
Stats: 224/195.8/160 Female 170
BF:
Progress: 44%

Well done for being strong Lileee.
Good luck Rachel - I know what you mean about being torn between Atkins and CAD. I think CAD is easier to do long term and you certainly don't feel deprived when eating out etc. like you do on Atkins.

Morning All

I am mixing it up a bit this week and having my RM lunchtime Monday-Thursday and then evening Friday-Sunday. I am working out quite hard during the week and so am very hungry at lunchtime and feel like I am in maximum calorie burning mode. Let's see how it works out.

Have a great day x
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Sep-07-09, 09:06

BF:

Hello everyone,

Vel, congratulations for getting past day one. I hope you had a successful weekend!

Zarabelle, good for you for making it through a difficult situation. I think I appreciate and enjoy food more now than I ever did before. Good luck with switching your meals.

RachelTN, welcome back! Congratulations on the completion of college. Sorry you have been unable to find a job and I hope things turn around in that area for you. Good luck to you in whatever program you decide to follow.

Lilleee, great job staying on plan.

Eno, I hope your daughter's wedding was beautiful and you all had a wonderful time.

I meant to pop in her yesterday but I ran out of time.

Friday, 9.04.09

Menu
CM: Pork chop and cucumber
RM: Salad of romaine w/avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, cucumber, sauteed shrimp, & ranch, and Death by Chocolate Ice Cream

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Leslie Sansone, Walk at Home, Walk Slim, Fast & Firm! 4 Really Big Miles w/toning band.
Mile 1: Get Started with a 15 minute mile
Mile 2: Faster pace - a 12 minute mile
Mile 3: BOOSTED walking - a 10 minute mile
Mile 4: Add the firm Band for a big muscle BOOST - 15 minute mile
I completed all 4 miles with the firm band!

Saturday, 9.05.09

Menu
CM: (Restaurant) Omelet w/spinach & artichoke dip, feta cheese, and tomatoes
RM: Salad of romaine w/vinaigrette, chicken strips, cucumber, and avocado
CM: Salad of romaine w/bacon, cheddar cheese, & ranch

Water
80 oz.

Option #1
None

Option #2
Day Off!

Sunday, 9.06.09

Menu
CM: Pork chops and green beans w/vinaigrette
RM: Salad of romaine w/vinaigrette, herb chicken, broccoli, and Hershey's w/almonds

Option #1
GTF Chromium

Option #2
Bowflex, 20 Minute Better Body Workout, 2 sets
120# Bench Press
120# Seated Lat Rows
120# Crossover Rear Deltoid Rows
120# Biceps Curl
120# Triceps Pushdown
120# Leg Extension
120# Standing Low Back Extension
150# Seated Abdominal Crunch
  #71   ^
Old Mon, Sep-07-09, 11:15
Registered Member

Plan: CAD now CALP
Stats: 196/141/126 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

hi all my lovely diet companions I have a crying teething baby on my lap so must rush but just came on to say I have reached 153lbs an all time low of 3 years and could only get their previously by low carbing and restricting myself terribly on atkins,.

Very happy and Ill be back soon to chat properly all my luv now! bye!!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Sep-07-09, 11:22

BF:

Deniz, wonderful news for you to catch us up with. I am very happy for you and look forward to hearing from you soon!
  #73   ^
Old Mon, Sep-07-09, 11:56
Registered Member

BF:
Question

does anyone try to keep it at A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF CARBS each day? like i know it should be like 4 carbs per meal - but do you have a certain amount of carbs you keep it at each day TOTAL including your RM???
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Sep-07-09, 12:28

BF:

Lilleee, that is where CALP differs from CAD. I do not count carbs but do try and keep my food choices balanced. I have come to the conclusion that this program works extremely well for me as a way to control my appetite and I am allowing the weight to take care of itself!
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Sep-07-09, 15:41

Plan: Mostly Atkins
Stats: 185/181/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Thanks for the welcome back everyone. And "welcome" to the new & returning people as well!

Doing well today so far except for a few little problems. I decided to do the RM at luch this time, which seemed a good idea because my mom's sister was coming over at dinner time and I felt I'd have an easier time getting to the stove during lunch time.

I spent an hour cooking chicken and making a nice big salad and finally sat down to eat. My mom decided to try to cut the grass and she had some problems with the mower - so I ended up getting up in the middle of my salad and chicken to help her fix that - and that put my RM over by about 1/2 hour. BAH!

But, I had 2 eggs, and 2 slices of ham for breakfast and was surprised how long that held me. I've been eating cottage cheese for breakfast and protein powder because it was fast and easy - but not so filling!

Later, when I'm hungry I'll have another salad and some chicken or salmon.

Hope everyone had a nice labor day!!

Edit: I made it and feel great!

CM (10am): 2 eggs, 2 slices of ham, Tea with heavy cream & stevia

RM(3pm): salad w/lots of raw veggies, 3oz chicken breast with 1tsp bbq sauce, 1/4 (dry) steel cut oats. 3/4 cup (cooked) noodles with butter & salt. Little heavy on the carbs, but it held me for hours.

CM (8:30pm) chicken breast, salad, hot "cocoa" made with 2 tbs heavy cream, water, 1/4 tsp of dark cocoa and stevia.

Full, happy, no cravings whatsoever. Also took 2 Chromium today - these really seem to help. I think I'll keep the RM in the middle of the day - this worked out well!

Last edited by RachelTN : Mon, Sep-07-09 at 19:43.
Closed Thread