Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-09, 09:03

Plan: LC and almost vegan/IF
Stats: 190/179.6/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 26%

Morning all.

Yep this morning I ate when I got hungry. I have been sorta doing IF too which just means I wait longer to have my first meal most daysand sometimes skip the breakfast thing. Instead of 2 eggs I made 3 and I had 4 pieces of bacon with a slice of cheese along with my water and MCT oil, grapefruit and vitimans I am stuffed so I am sure I can make it til lunch (a late lunch) if I have lunch if not dinner will be fine and I am going to make up some extra meat etc. today so I should be good to go. I am sure my issue was just a change in the daily routine and TOM being due today.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-09, 16:03

Plan: Mayo Clinic Diet
Stats: 188/169/158 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default Finally some progress!!!!!

Day 4 of Mayo Clinic Diet and the scales are down 4 pounds!!

I got 2 phone messages yesterday that we were supposed to bake treats and bring them in to work last night for someone's birthday. I was online and never received the messages. I walked into the department ~ 11pm last night to find a HUGE spread of goodies, the most interesting was a home baked New York Cheesecake with dark chocolate swirls , and what did I do, I smelled it that's all. I apologized for not bringing anything. Their goodies didn't really hold much interest for me. Downward numbers on the scale look more appetizing these days I found that I really wasn't hungry, but I ate my dinner anyway since we're not supposed to skip meals.

I don't expect drops like this often, but it was a great boost for my efforts! How are you others doing?
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-09, 16:14

BF:

I will let you know tomorrow when I weigh-in. I am only weighing once a week... major scaleaholic here so I am on the wagon so to speak!!! lol I hope I don't screw it up tomorrow night though because I am planning on drinking which is one reason I was hesitant to start this week in the first place. I started Tuesday though so tomorrow will be day 4 for me too. AH well I will hop right back into things on Sat. anyway. I am excited to weigh in the morning but a bit nervous too!!!

Good for you Lisa for skipping the goodies!!!
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 08:09

BF:

So this morning I am a little bummed... Can't figure out if I have really lost or not. Not exactly sure what I weighed tuesday I know I had gone up a bit last friday. The first time I jumped on the scale this morning I was down 2lbs but then when I wanted to see it again and jumoed back on righ after it was back up. My scale is whacked it always has been. I have only had it a year but I don't think it has ever been real accurate. I think I am going to scrounge up some money this weekend and go buy a new one. lol I can weigh three times in a row and get 2 or three different readings. Ah well guess I will just have to settle for my clothes fitting better and not worry about being reassured by the damn scale.
  #95   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 10:25

Plan: lc my way
Stats: 285/207.6/170 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 67%

good morning girls. Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was in bed all day. I have come down with this dang cold and it is kicking my butt. On the plus side though I have lost 5 more lbs. Thats a total of 20 for me!! I'm so excited. Hope all is well with you. Lisa good job on 4lbs lost. Good job and thats even with all the goodies to tempt you. Rock on
  #96   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 10:32

BF:

I find that I play the same game with my scale. I think most scales are like this. The ones that we have at the hospital do this too, and we give meds sometimes based on exact weight gain or loss. I usually take an average to the three weights, and I figure that is fair.
  #97   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 13:17

Plan: IF
Stats: 219.3/174.8/147 Female 158cm (5ft 2in)
BF:Too much!
Progress: 62%

A big well done to everyone that has lost some lbs so far!

kimbar69, I totally know where you're coming from. When I was losing weight a couple of years ago I would do the same thing. I would stand on the scales (they are digital) then look at the reading, then it would go off and I wanted to check again so I would get back on the scales, and it would go up! or sometimes down lol. I also started to get into the habit of moving my scale around the bathroom floor and weighing in different places... my God that made me gain 3lbs on some spots! But honestly, it really upset me when it shouldn't have.

So this time I have made sure not to do that anymore! Even though it's tempting.

I weigh myself once a week... sometimes once every 2 weeks if I've been naughty (shhhh!). I step on that scale, completely naked everytime... I make sure the scales are on the exact same floor tile everytime (so I know it's in the exact same place everytime). I get on, take my reading the ONCE, and that is it!!! It's worked so far thankfully.

Last edited by Kay2008 : Fri, Feb-20-09 at 13:19. Reason: I keep typing "weight" instead of "weigh" ahhh (I nearly did it again haha).
  #98   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 17:50

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumunz
good morning girls. Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was in bed all day. I have come down with this dang cold and it is kicking my butt. On the plus side though I have lost 5 more lbs. Thats a total of 20 for me!! I'm so excited. Hope all is well with you. Lisa good job on 4lbs lost. Good job and thats even with all the goodies to tempt you. Rock on

Is that 20lbs in a week or what I can't remember if you started the mayo this week after doing LC or what. Just curious...congrats thats awesome!!!
  #99   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 17:51

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay2008
A big well done to everyone that has lost some lbs so far!

kimbar69, I totally know where you're coming from. When I was losing weight a couple of years ago I would do the same thing. I would stand on the scales (they are digital) then look at the reading, then it would go off and I wanted to check again so I would get back on the scales, and it would go up! or sometimes down lol. I also started to get into the habit of moving my scale around the bathroom floor and weighing in different places... my God that made me gain 3lbs on some spots! But honestly, it really upset me when it shouldn't have.

So this time I have made sure not to do that anymore! Even though it's tempting.

I weigh myself once a week... sometimes once every 2 weeks if I've been naughty (shhhh!). I step on that scale, completely naked everytime... I make sure the scales are on the exact same floor tile everytime (so I know it's in the exact same place everytime). I get on, take my reading the ONCE, and that is it!!! It's worked so far thankfully.

yup thats me that is why I hid the darn scale and I am going to just weigh once a week!!! lol
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 17:56

BF:

On another note. I had my drs. apt today and I definetly have Candida issues... I figured as much but now I have the confirmation I needed I guess. Mad I let it go this far. I am going to be treating it aggresively with homeopathic remedies and if it isn't cleared up when they are gone (taking 4 different things for it) then I will go to the MD in the same practice and he will give me a prescription that should do it. SO at least there is light at the end of my tunnel I suppose.

It is my understanding that this could be why I am not losing much but time will tell I just have to stay the course. SHe did say that the grapefruit was a good addition as it will help get rid of the yeast faster.

Anyway good job on your losses everyone... you give me hope!
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 18:00

BF:

lol kimbar, thats 20 lbs since jan 5th. Thats when I started the mayo diet. I stopped drinking grapefruit juice for 3 weeks and everything stopped. So thats5lbs this week, 20 lbs total.
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 18:10

BF:

20 pounds from Jan 5 to Feb 20 is great! It will be 2 months on March 5 and you'll probably be down even more. That really is pretty rapid, an average of more than 10 pounds a month. I'm envious Keep up the good work.
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-09, 20:24

BF:

did you weigh today lisa?? Are you just down 4lbs or did you loose more today?? How is hubby doing??
  #104   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-09, 13:05

BF:

Good Sunday to everyone. I hope everyones weekend is going good. I have a roast cooking for dinner. I had grilled trout for dinner last night. I'm having leftover cheesy cauliflower soup for lunch. Check in with everyone later, Gen
  #105   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-09, 18:20

BF:

This is "Good Morning" for me, it is 5pm. I slept all day, and am having my bacon & eggs now for breakfast. I work again tonight, then off Monday night. I have steaks marinating for dinner, which I'll grill around 9pm. I'll eat my Sunday lunch around 2am tonight at work. This pattern of eating on my nights to be at work seems to be working for me. I have been strictly following the plan, and I really do not get hungry between meals. If I seem hungry, then I try to stop and think, "Is this hunger, or is it habit?" I try to leave the room where the food is, or the room where others are eating, and distract my mind with something else. And the "hunger" goes away.

My weight has dropped 5 pounds since last Sunday morning, and Mark's has dropped 9 pounds!