Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-09, 05:30

Plan: My own.
Stats: 121/121/110 Female 5'3"
BF:21.4/21.4/19.5
Progress: 0%

Thanks! I am moving back to the U.S. and had my packout. THEY TOOK MY SCALE Oh well. I had oat cereal this morning and chili this evening. We'll see if that helps. I'v ebeen taking fiber tablets and am considering magnesium,which is supposed to help! We'll seeeeeeeeeeeeee...

Anybody having any cravings?
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-09, 16:12

Plan: Pregnant-Moderation
Stats: 157/195/000 Female 5 foot 4 inches
BF:
Progress: -24%

No real cravings yet (wish i could use that to justify all the sweets, but i can'T). Actually am going to make a small effort to have some LC dinners in order to help my DH who wants to lose weight (so he's less tempted), although i won'T always be having them. And i will continue my starches in all other meals and many snacks.......but i figure it is nice to help him since he always ate whatever i had when i was trying to lose weight and also, it might balance out all the starch. But i am also very used to starch now in every meal so we'll see how it works - not worry about it much.

Aprils0909, good luck with the constipation!!!

Latté
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-09, 18:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/129.4/133 Female 160cm
BF:28%
Progress: 112%

Ladies I am like a yoyo when it comes to my eating. Just when I think I'm top of it, I come crashing down into a plate of something carbaliscious. Last time I talked about how I had reduced my carbs, this time I'm back where I was.

I find it hard because I am not strictly low carbing while pregnant and as such find it hard to find the right balance. I love my carbs (which was the whole problem in the first place). I guess I just need to stop stressing and just deal with the pregnancy.

Latte I'm so sorry about the ultrasound. I hope it turns out as just a scare and nothing else. I do know of many women who were told they had a particularly high risk of Down's (much much higher than yours) only to give birth to perfectly healthy babies without Down's. Stay strong.

Aprils0909 you must be happy to be going home. I'm assuming you'll be closer to family.

Hi Algts, congratulations on your pregnancy.

Goodbye262, I agree common sense tells me it would be ok to be in ketosis but personally, for myself, I don't want to take the chance. As you said, each person has to make their own decision. I would agree that lowering carbs as opposed to strict low carb eating can only be a good thing. I'm just finding it hard to be consistent.

Want2bskny, I think your new attitude is great. That's exactly how I want to be eating. I need to work on doing it daily and not on and off. Sometimes it's hard when I feel tired and heavy to organise a healthy meal for 2 kids and a husband. My problem is not being organised enough.

Oh well... healthy pregnancies to all.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Jan-20-09, 00:24

I do my very best with carbs but I am living out of a suitcase for the next month or so! Plus I'm having fiber issues and need some things besides veggies to help myself along. I'm a lot less grumpy with them, trust me.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Jan-21-09, 20:46

BF:

April, i find that having a large bowl of cerel on most days for breakfast (with banana and yummy vanilla soy milk), has probably helped me stay regular so far. SO yes, i get it with starch=fiber. Do your best.

THanks for the concern and reassurance Mermaiden. Nice, i need to stay strong and positive and try to keep busy so that the wait for results goes fast.

Latté
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-09, 19:32

Stats: 170/168/140 Female 68.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi everyone!

Good luck with your move April!

Hope the results are okay, Latte.

I'm in your shoes Mermaiden, totally yo-yoing. The scale is not my friend I'm up FAR too much. But everyone is telling me how great and healthy I look, feeling sheepish about admitting I've gained over 30 pounds with 11 more weeks to go. I could easily put on 40 to 50 pounds after all is said and done, and trust me this is not water weight.

I feel pretty good, just huge. I need some motivation to help me stop with all this sugar and bread!!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 02:09

I even went to an Indian buffet and nothing. Sorry, TMI, I know... I can only go a little tiny bit here and there. It's driving me crazy!!!!!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-09, 18:26

want2bskny, I think the greatest motivation will come once we've had our babies. It's hard to really stick to a tight eating regime when we know we will gain weight anyway plus there is another life to take into account.

I guess the next thing will be establishing our milk supplies for breastfeeding (for those who are choosing to breastfeed).

Latte, when do you get your final results?

Aprils0909, I feel for you, sooo frustrating! I'm surprised the Indian didn't do it for you. Really spicy food always works for me but I usually add an excessive amount of hot chilli. I've had to cut back because of the morning side effects
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-09, 11:42

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Hi! My name is Brie and I am 10 weeks pregnant, and I'm up 4 pounds. I didn't exactly start out little, but an average, healthy weight. I am hoping to keep my weight gain to a minimum, but I can't believe how hard it is to eat healthy when I am nauseous and tired all the time!

I wish you all happy and healthy babies!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 00:14

Hi Brie
I hope you are able to find balance and achieve a healthy weight gain in your pregnancy.

While you are feeling nauseous you will probably find yourself just getting through on what you can and focusing on healthier food choices later on in your pregnancy.

All the best to you.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 03:35

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi Brie, I am 8 weeks along right now and am looking forward to not having this morning sickness anymore! Hopefully, you'll only have a few more weeks....
  #42   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-09, 08:22

BF:

Hi Ladies!

My amnio results should be in about another week, thanks Mermaidan for asking. I took a few days break from daily desserts last week and it did seem to have effect of my maintaining for one week instead of gaining 2-2.5 each week, as i have been the last while. But alas, the sugar addiction returns so easily and back to daily desserts. I know i'll care later (bc at this rate my total gain will me minimum 55-60 pounds!) but i don't seem to care enough now to do much about it.......we'll see, bc it does worry me but i am enjoying this.

COngrats Brie! I found that the nausea almost completely stopped at the 12 week mark, so hope it does for you too!

Take care all,

Latté
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-09, 15:41

Plan: Atkins/Meat & Egg
Stats: 218/159.2/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 71%

I am new to this as a pregnant woman, but lets just say that i've gained my fair share. Started ~ 166 and am now 191.2. I've been watching what I eat, mostly trying to eat low-carb (ish) but it's been so difficult. I can't wait until I am breastfeeding & can truly do low carb & actually see results. Earlier this year I was down to 141 & I really want that body back!

Has anyone else breastfed & low-carbed? What were the results like?
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-09, 17:24

Hi Bella meow
How far along are you?

Sorry, can't really help with low carb breastfeeding as I haven't done much of it. I think I did a very short period right at the end just before I weaned. I intend to do it pretty early this time around.
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-09, 17:39

Plan: Atkins/Meat & Egg
Stats: 218/159.2/135 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 71%

I am 27 weeks. Very excited & inspired to lose the weight when baby is here!