Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 10:35

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Annette, why not just use the psyllium under fitday?

Nat
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 16:44

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 186/161/138 Female 65 inches
BF:38/30ish/?
Progress: 52%

I would, Nat, but their measurement is for 1 cup, and I'm using 1 heaping teaspoon. I thought it would be easier to use a custom food.
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-03, 19:17

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:

Annette, 1 tablespoon is .065 of a cup (approx) and there are 3 teaspoons (regular, not heaping) in a tablespoon

Nat
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 19:19
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:

Although I love fitday.com (except for a couple of weird quirks), this one is really strange.

I want to keep track of my water consumption per day by adding it as a nutritional goal. I have minimal protein intake, maximum carb intake and water intake goals. When I select "water", the measurement comes out as a weight measurement (g) rather than a volume measurement (oz, liters). Duh? Who weighs their water?

I e-mailed them about this but it looks like I better not hold my breath (based on the comments on this thread).

I also e-mailed them about adding supplement info to their list (before coming to this thread). Thanks for the workaround.

Wanda
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Jan-20-03, 21:35
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:

hi Wanda,

Yes, it does seem strange to have the water/moisture goal as grams when water gets entered as a food item in cups and fl oz.

Anyway, if it helps ... one ml of water weighs 1g .. so a liter would weigh 1000g. If your goal range is 2 to 4 L per day, for example, just enter 2000g as the minimum, and 4000g as the maximum, Then when you enter the number of cups or oz of water .. it will calculate the grams automatically for you. (I checked this to make sure it works, and it does ).

Here are the conversions from metric to fl oz, for entering into "foods eaten today"

250 ml = 8.83 fl oz
500 ml = 17.65 fl oz
1000 ml = 1 liter = 35.3 fl oz

hth,

Doreen
  #96   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 08:25
Mad Scientist

BF:

OMG Doreen, are you some kind of saint?

Since I have a scale, I was going to do the conversion this morning. You saved me some fussing. Since I use liters, the conversion is so simple when writing down my daily consumption.

I just checked on my Mastercook program and they have 237 grams = 1 cup (8 oz). I'd forgotten my program does some weight to volume conversions.

Then I decided there must be a really good convertion chart out there. I found a water weight conversion chart which is really cool at:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/waterweight.htm

For any other conversions (and there is almost everything), I included their homepage:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/

Very much appreciated,
Wanda
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 11:10
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by wcollier
OMG Doreen, are you some kind of saint?
A saint???? Yup, that would be me.

Heee hoooo haaaaaaa hahahahaha!!

ROFLsnort !!!!!

Sorry Wanda, I couldn't resist ... my halo has been tipped for so long, it's now hanging off one ear

Thanks for making my day

Doreen
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Jan-21-03, 13:30
Mad Scientist

BF:

Hey, Doreen:

This forum's founder could be nothing but a saint, even if you think your halo IS tilted a little.

But, I'm glad I could make you laugh and snort (are you a snorter as well?). Might need a little pig nose icon for us snorters!

Wanda
  #99   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-03, 07:47
Mad Scientist

BF:

OK, this might seem like an odd request.

Does anyone know where you can get an online database listing that will list all foods by specific criteria? For example, you might want a listing of all foods sorted from their highest fat content to lowest.

I think the carb counter does something like that, but you have to specify a category (instead of "all foods") and you can't get a sort order by "fat".

I find by the end of the day on fitday.com, if I haven't got my fat % up high enough, I'll be looking for a high fat alternative. For some variety, it would be nice to have a list of the highest fat foods (or whatever I might need at the moment).

Also, I'm wondering if there is a way for us to save time so that we aren't all reinventing the wheel everytime we input a custom recipe in fitday? A good example is recipes from the member's section. Many have all the counts, but many don't. If we submit the full nutrient counts for these recipes, can they somehow be added to the recipe? That way we don't have to manually enter all the ingredients into fitday for the counts. Or maybe there's been discussion of this issue that someone can direct me to.

TIA,
WAnda

Last edited by wcollier : Sat, Jan-25-03 at 07:58.
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Jan-26-03, 14:32
Mad Scientist

BF:

OK, I know I keep posting to this Fitday thread, so please forgive my questions. I'm a "techy" kinda girl. I know I saw something about this posted somewhere, but I couldn't find it when I did several searches. I must not be using the right keywords.

Can someone tell me which is more accurate - the "calories burned" on your own treadmill reading or the calories burned in Fitday. There's a large discrepancy between my readings. Fitday shows 85 and my treadmill shows 135. I'm inclined to go with my treadmill reading just because I trust it more than some of the food calculations I've seen so far in fitday. But thought I'd ask what other people have experienced.

TIA,
Wanda
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 02:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 173/127.2/123 Female 5'1&1/2"
BF:
Progress: 92%
Smile

ROFLsnorting. tee hee hee, laughing and snorting at doreenT's reply about halo being tipped so far it's hanging on one ear!!!
Just love such a great sense of humor!!!

#102   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 14:16
Mad Scientist

BF:

OK, another question. Does anyone have a workaround for separating out Breakfast, lunch and dinner? I want to get my fat/carb/protein ratios for each meal and graph it but can't see any way to do it. I think WebMD separates them, but it doesn't have graphing capabilities.

Thanks,
Wanda
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 22:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/219/145
BF:
Progress: 18%

I need somw help with the dietfit option. Idont understand at all. thanks if you can help me.
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 15:51

Plan: Dr.Atkins'
Stats: 160/155/130
BF:
Progress: 17%
Question

hI,

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME IF CALF LIVER OR BEEF LIVER IS OK ON THIS DIET? I AM IN MY THIRD WEEK.......LOST 8# AND FEEL GREAT

TY FOR ANSWERS
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 17:20

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 198/183/165
BF:
Progress: 45%

3 ounces of beef liver is 6.54g of carbs
3 ounces of calf liver is 8.35 g of carbs

But 3 ounce of pork liver is only 3.13g of carbs

So it really is up to you. Personally I would rather get my carbs from other meats besides organ meats.

If you want to try something different try beef toung it only has .28g of carbs for 3oz.