Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-08, 05:07
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 224.8/243.4/140 Female 5*5"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Have you ever been just sitting there and all
of a sudden you feel like doing something nice
for someone you care for? THAT'S GOD...
He talks to you through the Holy Spirit.

Have you ever been down and out and nobody seems to be around for you to talk to? THAT'S GOD...
He wants you to talk to Him.

Have you ever been thinking about somebody
that you haven't seen in a long time and then
next thing you know... you see them or receive
a phone call from them? THAT'S GOD...
There ! is no such thing as "coincidence."

Have you ever received something wonderful that you didn't even ask for? Like money in the mail, a debt that had mysteriously been cleared, or a coupon to a department store where you had just seen something you wanted,but couldn't afford? THAT'S GOD...
He knows the desires of your heart...

Have you ever been in a situation and you had
no clue how it is going to get better, but now as
you look back on it, you got through it? THAT'S GOD...
He passes us through tribulation to see a brighter day.

(Author Unknown)
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-08, 06:59

Plan: Bariatric Surgery/S.Beach
Stats: 280/143/145 Female 5ft 3 inches
BF:way/2/much
Progress: 101%

Time to get back on track. First step be accountable and weigh in and post here weekly. My numbers aren't pretty right now. But I'm being honest and need to put it out here.
So I'm back for the long haul!!!!

Name.............8/25.........9/1.........9/8.........9/15.........9/22.........9/29
deb1959.........213.2.......210.0.....207.6
hk-lowcarb.....175..........174.5.....175 (tom)
jmr410...........200.6.......201.2.....197.9
Judy..............152.6.......152........153.2
Linda H..........162.2.......161.4......161.8
Rebecca130...............................186.6
Renee............143 .8......144.4
sassafras........240..........239
skippie...........................225.......221
slimmama........159.2.......158.2.....155.4
surfnmom........139.2
sissy..............189...........189
yana..............184 .4
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-08, 07:46

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Glad that you are Skippie!

So last night I made a cauliflower topped Shepards Pie and it was a hit with most of the family! They've been saying how they want to cut down on potatoes, rice and pasta, so I made them this dish! Of course it's different than what they're used to, but I thought it was good!
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 13:10

BF:

Come on South Beachers! Where are you all? Come out of hiding and let's get this thread really going!

It's great to hear what others are doing...Plan wise and just plain old life wise!

I went for a long walk today with my Retriever! Yay me!

I've had a few life stresses knocking me around the last couple of weeks, but have managed to not do any stress eating over them! I consider that a major accomplishment!

What's everyone else doing today and more importantly...How are you doing today?
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Sep-11-08, 19:35

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Oldasamule, that is a gorgeous poem, and very inspiring with the past 3 months with rehabilitating my 81 year old mother from her automobile accident.

We (my DD and I) went with my Mom (DD rode in the ambulette with my Mom, I followed in my car) to her doctor's appt. She got the cervical collar removed today and is down to the soft collar. She's done remarkably well and has spunk that I never knew that my 81 year old mother had in her. She was from the era that the man took care of the woman and she was very dependant on him. She's amazed me in the 9 years that my father has been gone that she's become so independant.

Judy, that was sweet what you wrote and thank you. You are such an inspiration. Someday I will be able to hold my head up proudly and I will remember how inspirational all the people on the web pages that I've done have helped me along the way.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 02:06

Plan: Atkins - O.W.L.
Stats: 197/172/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charran
Come on South Beachers! Where are you all? Come out of hiding and let's get this thread really going!

It's great to hear what others are doing...Plan wise and just plain old life wise!

[snip]

What's everyone else doing today and more importantly...How are you doing today?

OK day today - I'll be getting off from work soon and then pick up my son from his soccer (I know, such a cliche!) and then meet my daughter and husband at the pool (daughter has a make-up swimming class from last June when torrential rains canceled it).

This weekend is a long weekend - Mid Autumn Festival - we are thinking of having a BBQ while we enjoy the full moon.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 05:36
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

Can I join in here?? I'd love to have a group to check in with on a regular basis. Helps to keep me on track.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 08:19
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:

I went for a long walk today with my Retriever! Yay me!

I've had a few life stresses knocking me around the last couple of weeks, but have managed to not do any stress eating over them! I consider that a major accomplishment!

Good morning Ladies...and guys if you are out there!!

Char!.. I'm so happy to read that you went for a long walk with your dog!! I truly hope that you can make it an ever day thing as long as your weather stays warm enough.

Yesterday, I was simply crazy busy!!

As you all know, it was 9/11...so a sad day of remembrance of what we all went through on that horrible day.

I had my Pilates class last night and am loving it more each time I do it. It helps me to want to stand straighter and thats always a good thing. The instructor specializes in classes for big girls so its got a quality of deep compassion and dignity to it...I appreciate that a lot.
She helps that big girls get in touch with their bodies and that great as Ir recall being totally unattached toy my body when I was still very big. One therapist I worked with during that time, told me I lived in my head and I think that she was right. I only saw myself from my eyes up.
All our work is done on matts on the floor. She helps the big girls when they can't do certain positions, find ways for them to do it no matter their size. some can't reach around their back to grab their hand so she has them use a small towel that they can reach.

Rebecca, I'm glad for you that you are seeing another side of your mom that you didn't know was there!

hk-lowcarb- So, you're a soccer mom....are you also a pitbull in lipstick? [ .....just kidding!

Donnaliz! Of course you can join us...thats what we are all here for. Put yourself on the wieghin too!!

I usually weigh daily but have not this week due simply to the fact that I had tennis Tuesday night and Pilates last night and my muscles are sore and retaining water. I wish that I could see water weight gain and not have it effect my mood but it does....so I didn't weighin...but what I did do was stay more strictly on my plan than usual. I will weighin tomorrow! I feel slim though as I can actually now feel when I put on 2-3 lbs.

If any of you are looking for ideas of what to eat, please keep in mind that I logged my food daily for 20 months as I lost my weight, its in my 1st journal, link on page 1 of my current journal. While its great that its there for anyone to review, I initially did it strictly for my own accountability. I highly recommend this to anyone! To me, this is not only an exercise in accountability, it is a strong signal to our sub-conscious that we are taking daily and self loving actions....and this is a powerful message for our self esteem...which gets crushed by our weight.

I'm gonna be busy again today and am working tomorrow too. I am going to get wild salmon today as I haven't had it in a few weeks!!

TGIF!!!

Last edited by Judynyc : Fri, Sep-12-08 at 08:32.
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 08:27
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

Thanks for the welcome and the advice about food logging, Judy. I've hesitated to do the logging thing because that was one of the things that made me burn out on Weight Watchers and eDiets. But I'll think about it. I know it can help me to stay focused - I just don't want to get obsessive about it.

That Pilates class sounds great. I've tried to do Pilates before and could never quite get most of the moves. A class like that sounds really helpful.

Hi to everyone else - I look forward to getting to know you all !!

OK, here I am on the official weigh-in list.

Name.............8/25.........9/1.........9/8.........9/15.........9/22.........9/29
deb1959.........213.2.......210.0.....207.6
donnaliz67.....................268........265
hk-lowcarb.....175..........174.5.....175 (tom)
jmr410...........200.6.......201.2.....197.9
Judy..............152.6.......152........153.2
Linda H..........162.2.......161.4......161.8
Rebecca130...............................186.6
Renee............143 .8......144.4
sassafras........240..........239
skippie...........................225.......221
slimmama........159.2.......158.2.....155.4
surfnmom........139.2
sissy..............189...........189
yana..............184 .4
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 08:43

BF:

Hey...lots of action in here today! That's great!

Donna- Great that you're joining us here! It's a wonderful way to stay accountable and get to know everyone! I love the support!

Judy- WTG on the classes! I do wish I could find something like that here! I do go as often as I can for a long walk. Sometimes she has to be satisfied with short walk because of weather. However, she still gets lots of exercise running through the snow in the backyard. It's quite the workout. Perhaps I should go and join her there, but I"m such a sissy where cold is concerned!

hk-lowcarb- I'm a soccer mom too, so I know where you're coming from! Having kids keeps you hopping! That's for sure! Have fun on your long weekend and enjoy the BBQ if you get to do that!

Rebecca- I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing better and that she's becoming independent. I think that is so great for the spirit! Unfortunately after my dad passed, my mom went in the opposite direction! Not good!

For myself...today is physio day! It's going good though. I don't think I'll have to go for much longer hopefully. I'm also going to try and get some laundry done. Weight has gone up the last couple of days. Not sure why because eating has been spot on! I"m not worried about it though!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Anyone doing something special? We're taking my MIL out for her 80th birthday!
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 08:47
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Char
I do go as often as I can for a long walk. Sometimes she has to be satisfied with short walk because of weather. However, she still gets lots of exercise running through the snow in the backyard. It's quite the workout. Perhaps I should go and join her there, but I"m such a sissy where cold is concerned!

I'm not concerned about your dog being satisifed with less....its you that I'm concerned about! I've watched you go through winters saying its too cold...and now.... its not too cold!!
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 13:37

BF:

Ohhhhhhh...... Yeah, I do complain alot about the cold during winter, don't I? Of course, I could get my butt on my treadmill!
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Sep-12-08, 13:58
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Ohhhhhhh...... Yeah, I do complain alot about the cold during winter, don't I? Of course, I could get my butt on my treadmill!

Ya think?

Yes, you could use your treadmill....but while its still not cold...you could easily get outside!! so much nicer to move when its not cold out.
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-08, 07:07
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 224.8/243.4/140 Female 5*5"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Good morning ladies and if there are any gentlemen:
Today is soccer day for my son. It's a wet soggy dreary day for the forcast is rain but that's okay for this is a new day that the Lord has given me. I had my weigh in yesterday and unforuntaly I gained back what I lost and some of it was because of my prednisone again but losts of it was a lack of self displine. This forum is so important to me for Judy was the first person I met who welcomed me. We are supportive but yet not judgemental. We start to build friendships here with people who share the weight issues who truly care for one another and for all of that I am truly grateful. It's Saturday and I hope each of you have a wonderful day.
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Sep-13-08, 09:09

BF:

Well here it is, the weekend! A time of great joy for many and great stress for others. I'm not sure about the rest of you, but while I enjoy the freedom of the weekend, I hate the freedom of the weekend! Routines get all messed up as we're coming and going at different times. Mealtimes are different because of getting up later and going to bed later. It's also a time that we notoriously "go out for dinner." This concept has never been a great one for me. I require alot of extra discipline around this time. Last night was great. We watched a movie and the kids made popcorn. You don't even want to know how good it smelled. I cut myself a few thin slices of cheddar and had a large glass of diet ice tea. Success! Today is a new day to conquer! I'm already making my plans to get through it as I find if I don't plan and just try to wing it...not so pretty!

How is Saturday going for everyone so far?

Oldasamule- I think this forum is a great place for support and encouragement also! Keep trying, keep working at it and eventually, you'll get there!