Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-08, 07:45

Plan: my own
Stats: 253/176.0/153 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi Rebecca!

Of course you're welcome to come back! Glad that you did! If you're like me, the more support the better! Going to the WW classes for the additional support is great and I find that the Core program there is alot like SB anyways, with a few modifications!

Now IS the time to take care of yourself, especially with the pre-Diabetes diagnosis! I'm a Type 2 diabetic and it's not fun! I wish I would have had that information before it became full blown diabetes! You're right in thinking that losing some additional weight and even throwing some exercise into the mix, is going to help with all of your medical conditions!

Sorry to hear about your Mom and Aunt. I'm glad that your Mom is well on the road to recovery!

Take care!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Sep-03-08, 09:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/196/185 Female 5feet 6 and a half inches
BF:

Name.............8/25.........9/1.........9/8.........9/15.........9/22.........9/29
deb1959.........213.2.......210.0
hk-lowcarb.....175..........174.5
jmr410...........200.6.......201.2
Judy..............152.6.......152
Linda H..........162.2.......161.4
Renee............143 .8......144.4
sassafras........240..........239
slimmama........159.2.......158.2
surfnmom........139.2
sissy..............189...........189
yana..............184 .4
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-08, 07:25

BF:

So SB'ers...what's up today?

I'm reviewing the revised SB lists to see what affects me on there! I went to the market garden the other day and got tons of fresh veggies. The first day was a huge pot of homemade soup! Today will be stir-fry! I so love the summer growing season. Veggies in winter just don't taste as good!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-08, 09:15
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charran
So SB'ers...what's up today?

I'm reviewing the revised SB lists to see what affects me on there! I went to the market garden the other day and got tons of fresh veggies. The first day was a huge pot of homemade soup! Today will be stir-fry! I so love the summer growing season. Veggies in winter just don't taste as good!

I love the harvest time of year too.
I adore making a big pot of ratatouille!! I make a huge amount and then freeze it in 3 cup containers.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 08:58

BF:

Good Morning SB'ers! How are you all doing today?

I'm having a pretty good week back at it, down 3.4 pounds so far....BUT and this is a big BUT, I have to go out for dinner 3 times this weekend. I know from experience that eating out is bad for me. Even if I follow plan, the added salt or what have you, gets me in the end and I'm always up a couple of pounds by Monday! Blah! I'm prepared for it and accept that it happens, but it still infuriates me. My plan, I guess is to make sure I drink lots of water! Maybe weigh in on Tuesday instead of Monday!

Judy- Having veggies all prepared in the fridge and ready to go is a life saver for me! If I had to start from scratch everytime I wanted veggies for something, well, lets just say, it might not work so good! I spend alot of time on grocery day getting everything washed, chopped and bagged. I've also been known to buy things ready to go for convience. Such as, I know I hate chopping up broccoli, so I buy the flowerets all read to go! It might cost a bit more, but in the end it's worth it to me! Last night, my stir-fry turned out great! For lunch, I had a big salad!
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 09:45
Attitude is a Choice

TGIF SBers!!!

I'm going to the Farmers Market again today to stock up from the harvest of so many great veggies...another pot of rataouille is my future.

I started my tennis camp on Tuesday and had a great time...and am sore. Last night I started my Pilates class.....and am proud of myself for getting myself moving agaiin!!

Way to go Char!!
Getting shortcuts to make all our fresh food easier to access is a great strategy. I will steam up a bunch of broccoli and store it to throw into salads or...for the dogs!! they like broccoli!!

I am staying on plan this weekend....no off plan treats for me!!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 10:34

BF:

Mine love carrots and apples! All I have to do is take the veggie container out of the fridge and they both come running for their share!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 10:40
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charran
Mine love carrots and apples! All I have to do is take the veggie container out of the fridge and they both come running for their share!

aren't they just the best creatures!!??
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 18:47
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 224.8/243.4/140 Female 5*5"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hello everyone--just wanted to let you know that my weigh in day is today and I am back down to 243.4 so I lost the 1.8 that I gained last week but now I need to stay on the down hill side.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-08, 21:22
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldasamule
Hello everyone--just wanted to let you know that my weigh in day is today and I am back down to 243.4 so I lost the 1.8 that I gained last week but now I need to stay on the down hill side.

Great work!!
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-08, 08:57

BF:

WTG on the loss Oldasamule! ( gee I hate calling you that )

I, on the other hand, am up 2.4 pounds this morning due to my meal out yesterday. It was Chinese buffet night and it usually is a bad one for me. I know I didn't eat enough to gain 2 pounds of fat, so I know it's water, but still disheartening after my losses last week. Another meal out tonight! Wish me luck. I think that my plan is to stick to some kind of salad. That hopefully should be safe!

Hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing SB weekend!
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-08, 09:01

Stats: 225/138/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing SB weekend!

It's not officially the end of my week until 4ish today. At which point I'm seriously considering crawling into bed and not getting out again until this time next week!
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-08, 09:09

BF:

AWWW... Sorry to hear that Renee! I hope you can have a wonderful Saturday night and get all rested up!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-08, 09:21

Stats: 225/138/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 102%

*clicking my heels together* There's no place like home. There's no place like home.

Work is dead this morning. Makes for a long day and I'm feeling a bit punch-drunk
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 07:50
Registered Member

Stats: 224.8/243.4/140 Female 5*5"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Char--how did your eating out go? I hope not bad.

Renee--hope that you are feeling better.

Here is something I found which is appropriate for me--

"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...let it be something good."

Author Unknown