Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 09:31

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiechic
Hi

Might if I join you guys?

I just did my (Week 5 Day 3) 20 min run today and I'm still on a high! That is the first time in my life I have run (well shuffled) for 20 mins straight, what a great feeling.

Bec

Welcome the more the merrier!!! Congrats to you on your 20 minute run! Just finished my 20 minute run on Friday...

Well I completed week 6, day 1 today and it felt good. Kind of odd to go back to intervals after the 20 minute run, but looking forward to Friday's 25 minute run... Still can't believe this is week 6....who knew I could do this....who knew!!!

TJ
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 13:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/HFLC
Stats: 165/118/113 Female 62"
BF:Yes
Progress: 90%
Default Week 6 Day 1

Hi guys - can I join? I'm doing this too. Today will be W6D1 and I'm anxious to get it done! I normally run in the mornings but ran out of time (no pun intended-LOL) this morning and will have to do it after work.

Do you guys use the podcasts? I wouldn't be able to do it if not for them! If you don't have them, I'll scrounge up the URL after work and post it. They're set to techno music (yuck) but I just listen mainly to the beat and wait for the guy to tell me it's time to walk/run/cooldown, etc.

I used to run back in the dark ages and life sort of got in my way. I'm loving it again (so far, we'll see after the 25 minute day this week...).

Glad I found this thread!
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 15:05

Plan: LC/IF and such
Stats: -/-/- Female 60 inches
BF:2 spare tires
Progress: 33%

I love that website! I did my first 5k back in june and that site helped contribute tot hat!
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmoo
Hi guys - can I join? I'm doing this too. Today will be W6D1 and I'm anxious to get it done! I normally run in the mornings but ran out of time (no pun intended-LOL) this morning and will have to do it after work.

Do you guys use the podcasts? I wouldn't be able to do it if not for them! If you don't have them, I'll scrounge up the URL after work and post it. They're set to techno music (yuck) but I just listen mainly to the beat and wait for the guy to tell me it's time to walk/run/cooldown, etc.

I used to run back in the dark ages and life sort of got in my way. I'm loving it again (so far, we'll see after the 25 minute day this week...).

Glad I found this thread!

Hey welcome Grandoo! You're at the same spot that I am.... I don't use the podcasts, I like listening to my own music. I use a stopwatch to keep track of the times... Good luck to you today on your run...

TJ
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 15:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphonyod
I love that website! I did my first 5k back in june and that site helped contribute tot hat!

Congrats on your 5k...and yes that site is very cool and supportive!!!

TJ
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 20:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/174.5/132 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Thanks for the welcomes Skeeweeaka! That 20 min run sure is a big milestone isn't it

Hi Grandmoo! I tried the ullray podcasts but I changed over to the podrunner ones, the music probably isn't much better but the bpm is good for me. It keeps me at a constant pace and somehow makes jogging seem easier.

Although the last few times my mp3 player has let me down, probably a good thing in a way I don't want to be too dependent on the podcasts I guess. Never the less a new ipod is on my shopping list.

I have an 8 km (just under 5 miles I think) fun run coming up in a little under three weeks so I am probably going to detour from the plan for a bit. I am hoping to be able to run at least 1/2 of it so I am thinking of trying 4 x 10 minute jogs tomorrow with 5 min walks in between and see how that feels.

Happy running everyone!
Bec
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 01:19

Quote:
Thanks for the welcomes Skeeweeaka! That 20 min run sure is a big milestone isn't it

Hi Grandmoo! I tried the ullray podcasts but I changed over to the podrunner ones, the music probably isn't much better but the bpm is good for me. It keeps me at a constant pace and somehow makes jogging seem easier.

Although the last few times my mp3 player has let me down, probably a good thing in a way I don't want to be too dependent on the podcasts I guess. Never the less a new ipod is on my shopping list.

I have an 8 km (just under 5 miles I think) fun run coming up in a little under three weeks so I am probably going to detour from the plan for a bit. I am hoping to be able to run at least 1/2 of it so I am thinking of trying 4 x 10 minute jogs tomorrow with 5 min walks in between and see how that feels.

Happy running everyone!
Bec

Yes, 20 minutes was major for me....thought I couldn't do it but thank goodness we all rose to the challenge!!!

Happy running...

TJ
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 03:11
Registered Member

BPM podcasts? URL? Thanks!

I do plan on ditching the podcasts eventually and using a stopwatch. It's just a little easier for me to just run 'til somebody says "ok, you can walk now"-heheh.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 13:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmoo
BPM podcasts? URL? Thanks!

I do plan on ditching the podcasts eventually and using a stopwatch. It's just a little easier for me to just run 'til somebody says "ok, you can walk now"-heheh.

I understand... Usually I just run until I remember the clock and by then I have passed the time frame....mostly because I am into my music...without it I am nothing!!! Have a great day!!!

Found a program to transition to after the C25k....http://www.coolrunning.com/major/97...wit0214.htm#run. At the bottom of the forum checking out Becoming A One Hour Runner...

TJ

Last edited by skeeweeaka : Tue, Aug-26-08 at 14:43.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 16:47
Registered Member

BF:

Podrunner intervals website http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html

He also has a Gateway to 8k, and Freeway to 10k set as well as lots of other mixes at at various different bpms
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 16:53
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the link to the One Hour Runner Skeeweeaka. Not getting ahead of myself or anything, but I have been looking for ideas for what to do next

I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet. I think I'll probably end up winging it a bit and doing my own thing. Maybe some longish intervals once a week, a 5k once a week and a long run that I add 5mins to each week. Something along those lines. I like the variety. I also like planning things

Bec
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 19:47

Quote:
Thanks for the link to the One Hour Runner Skeeweeaka. Not getting ahead of myself or anything, but I have been looking for ideas for what to do next

I still haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet. I think I'll probably end up winging it a bit and doing my own thing. Maybe some longish intervals once a week, a 5k once a week and a long run that I add 5mins to each week. Something along those lines. I like the variety. I also like planning things

Bec

Hey there Bec.... I've decided to do the One Hour Running Program probably twice a week, at least, and do weights 3x a week... Everyone talks about how strength training burns more fat so I thought I would give it a try...

TJ
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 23:14
Registered Member

BF:

Sounds like a good plan Skeeweeaka! I agree with the weights thing being just as important as the cardio. My plan is to add in 2 full body workouts a week with the 3 days of running.

Well today in my great wisdom I decided to divert from the C25K plan and do my own thing. Still on a high from Monday's 20 min run I decided to go out today and do 4 x 10 min runs with 5 min walk breaks inbetween. Bad idea, I managed 3 x 10 min runs with longer walk breaks, but it wasn't pretty.

I should have waited the 2 days before running again and I should have stuck with the program, which would have had me doing 5, 8 and 5 mins jogs.

Anyway, you live and learn. No real harm done, I haven't injured myself or anything but I really didn't enjoy myself today. Okay, 2 days rest then on with the plan.

Bec
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 02:58
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeweeaka
I understand... Usually I just run until I remember the clock and by then I have passed the time frame....mostly because I am into my music...without it I am nothing!!! Have a great day!!!

Found a program to transition to after the C25k....http://www.coolrunning.com/major/97...wit0214.htm#run. At the bottom of the forum checking out Becoming A One Hour Runner...

TJ

Thanks for the link!
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Aug-27-08, 02:59
Registered Member

Quote:
Podrunner intervals website http://www.djsteveboy.com/intervals.html

He also has a Gateway to 8k, and Freeway to 10k set as well as lots of other mixes at at various different bpms

Thanks to you too!