Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 13:58

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

hey Jolly, substitute that chocolate for sf jello.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 17:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/178/135 Female 5 feet, 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

May I join? This is fate for me! I received my '72 copy in the mail today, a few hours before I found this thread. I can't wait to sink my meat-loving teeth into this. I'd rather join this thread, than the Turtle Club, which is where I think I was heading.
  #63   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 00:33
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Okay, Friday (the 4th) is supposed to be my last day on Induction. I'm quite content, though, and really would like to extend it for another week. I'd like to hear what others here think. I still have around 100 lbs to lose, so I don't think extending Induction would harm me any.

Advice? Opinions? TIA!
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 06:46

Hi Kisal,
He really only says one week for the 72 first week and I've never extended it. What are your carbs? I think adding something you miss (like veggies) would make it better. But go slowly. I usually like to add some cauliflower for my meals.

If you want to go longer, make sure you take supplements for leg cramps. Magnesium, calcium and potassium and B complex too.

You know, I've been reading how people are noticing the absence of cravings on 72. And now I get why I was always so confused by people posting they wanted sweets. I've been on 72 for over a year (18 months) and I don't get cravings unless I've eaten something too carby.

I think this is GREAT!!!!
  #65   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 10:39
Never Give Up!

BF:

In the book, where Dr. A. discusses how to know when to put back a little carbohydrate, he gives certain criteria:

1 -- Are the ketostix still turning purple? (Well, I never managed to get above moderate.")

2 -- Are you still un-hungry? (Yes, but I had very little appetite when I began.)

3 -- Are you still losing weight or inches nicely? (Weighed the same today as yesterday, and my jeans are only slightly looser than a week ago.)

I weighed 261 when I started last Saturday. Today I weigh 258. That's a good loss for me, since prior to starting '72, I hadn't really lost any weight or inches since the end of January, and that loss was only because my doctor increased my thyroid med. I think if I could stay on Induction one more week, maybe I'd get down below 255, which is the weight at which I've always turned around and started to gain again.
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 10:42

K, but take supplements!

(and i know you know two days no loss is not a biggie)
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 10:50
Never Give Up!

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennink
K, but take supplements!

(and i know you know two days no loss is not a biggie)
Thanks, Pennink! Yeah, my doctors have me supplemented half to death, I think! I was taking so many vitamin and mineral tablets throughout the day that I had no appetite at all! Even got "snatty" from not being able to eat! That made me realize what was happening to me, and I talked to them. They reduced the amounts of supplements I take, and now I have a nice appetite again. (I may be the only person in the world who experiences joy when their tummy growls! )
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 11:02

Stats: 270/255.5/160 Female 55"
BF:
Progress: 13%

How is everyone doing? I'm down again and doing well. However, today I have to face the dreaded family social eating thing. I think it will be okay because there will be low carb things to eat (I am bringing steak,salad, and deviled eggs). I'm not too worried about temptation so much as the family members that want me to taste some new carb infested creation that they have made.

Wish me luck!
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 11:05

ohnooooo, not the SNATT!!!!

that's insane!

I seriously was depleted of B12. Started to have shakes, tongue pimples, bleeding gums then vertigo.
I thought eating whole cows would prevent that, but apparently not!
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Jul-04-08, 22:32

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I love this thread. I had scrapple (pork entrails mixed with grains) and immediately gained 5 pounds overnight from the wheat and corn, so I've been working on losing five pounds I already lost before, but I made it today. I only have 5 pounds to go until I reach my goal of 204 (which is the lowest weight I believe I ever might have been as an adult) so I am getting anxious, but also focused. Inspired by this thread, I am going to dig out my Atkins '72 and read it again.

Janine
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-08, 00:08

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I would like to join this group as well. I am going shoppping tomorrow and will restart Induction. I really like Atkins '72 and its simplicity. It really works, when you work the plan.

I'm on holidays until July 14th so I would like to focus on getting some simple meal ideas planned out as well as adding exercise back into my life on a regular basis.

I'm looking forward to the journey with all of you here!

Lianne
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-08, 11:17

Stats: 270/255.5/160 Female 55"
BF:
Progress: 13%

You can do it Janine!

Welcome Lianne!

I manages to survive the family/food day and did just fine. I have a few more carbs(berries) than usual and noticed the first traces of cravings coming back. Back to the '72 levels today!

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-08, 13:01
Never Give Up!

BF:

256.6 this morning, and LARGE ketones! This is the first time in my life I've ever seen large ketones first thing in the morning! Even when I did the Fat Fast, I would register large ketones at night and only a trace the next morning.

I'm definitely staying on '72 Induction for another week! (Oh, well, I did use 2 tsps of cream in each of my four 8 oz cups of decaf this morning, for a total of 8 tsps of cream today, so I guess what I'm doing this week isn't truly '72 Induction. )
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-08, 14:36

Plan: '72 Atkins ROCKS! :D
Stats: 208.5/164.6/173 Female 5'10"
BF:Size: 18/10/10
Progress: 124%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
(Oh, well, I did use 2 tsps of cream in each of my four 8 oz cups of decaf this morning, for a total of 8 tsps of cream today, so I guess what I'm doing this week isn't truly '72 Induction. )

Bad Kisal! Now no cream for you tomorrow... that's two whole days worth!

Yayay how cool is it that everyone is doing so well on this. I'm joining you guys too... bloated up to 194 after the LC pumpkin pie craving debacle... 2 days of '72 and I'm back down to 191.5 and my cravings are gone.. yay! (Finally! )

Next stop... to see the 180s again! Woohooooo!

(Just for curiosity's sake...can someone tell me what Atkins says about exercise in this version? Is it 'non negotiable' like in the later version? Don't want to turn this into a warzone thread but I'm interested to see if his opinion changed from 72)

Last edited by anyway... : Sat, Jul-05-08 at 17:35.
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-08, 16:14

OMG, Chapter (like Barnes and Noble in Canada) is selling the 72 book!!!! right in the store!!! brand new printing!!!!

Told me they can't keep them on the shelf!!!! yippee!!!!
Closed Thread