Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-08, 12:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/255.5/160 Female 55"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Happy Tuesday everyone!

So far so good today...I had BBQ ribs and baked chicken for breakfast.

Maxine- I made my BBQ sauce(organic tomato sauce, liquid smoke,splenda,apple cider vinegar, horseradish,course ground mustard,(and a tsp of molasses 5 carbs for entire batch..omit if you desire) it's pretty good and I have a lot left over. The chicken I marinated in lemon, olive oil, fennel, garlic, and sage.

Anyone have favorite ways to cook meat that they want to share?
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-08, 13:21
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Emmy*
Kisal- I bet you will have a woosh in no time. How do you cook your chicken? I'm always looking for tricks.
I don't really have any "tricks" to cooking meat. I like chicken just roasted plain. Sometimes, if I'm doing a whole chicken, I'll rub it with a little olive oil and toss a few cloves of garlic inside it. Usually, I just wash it well inside and out, pat it dry with paper towels, and roast it at 325 degrees for about 45 minutes/pound. That's longer than most recipe books will tell you to roast chicken, but I like it really done. I hate chicken that has pink meat around the bones.

I have found that I cannot stand store-bought rotisserie chicken anymore. Even if I buy it "unseasoned," the meat tastes cloyingly sweet to me. Yuck! I have found a brand at Albertson's that, while not free-range, specifies that it is antibiotic free. There is no indication on the label that it has been "injected" with anything, and it tastes like a chicken should!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-08, 14:55
Registered Member

Stats: 162/151/125 Female 152cm
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi Everyone!! So far so good..2 egg breakfast and 1g Carb Smokie for Lunch. Going to a Canada Day Celeb tonight and am determined to keep on keepin on!!!
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-08, 15:22
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

Maxine, if you're interested in getting the book, I found mine used on Amazon for fairly cheap. I'm still waiting for it to get here! I'm a book freak anyway, so I'm looking forward to getting it. I hope it comes in time for the long holiday weekend!
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-08, 15:24
Just keep swimming

Plan: General Low Carb/IF
Stats: 226/186.6/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:34/29/24
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Emmy*
Maxine- I made my BBQ sauce(organic tomato sauce, liquid smoke,splenda,apple cider vinegar, horseradish,course ground mustard,(and a tsp of molasses 5 carbs for entire batch..omit if you desire) it's pretty good and I have a lot left over.

That sounds really good. I actually have all those ingredients. I may have to BBQ some chicken!
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jul-01-08, 15:43

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

I'm making 'honey' garlic wings. Sugar free maple syrup and garlic, smother the chicken, then bake at 350 for about 1/2 hour to 40 minutes.

YUM!
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-08, 06:12

Plan: To Lose - HHR
Stats: 280/225/179 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Thanks for the welcome! I'll look on amazon for a 72' edition. Not that I need another book of any kind in my home, I have book case after book case!
(even though these days I do most of my reading on the net)

The barbeque sauce sounds good, maybe for next week as I don't see anything but meat and lettuce on the list! LOL What do you do the next week, just add 5 carb grams per day?

I did pretty well yesterday... 6 carb grams although I did have some leftover cheeseburger pie, which had a very small amount of sour cream/onion soup mix in it. And I have that ketosis taste in my mouth, haven't had that in a long while! YAY!
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-08, 06:23
Got MEAT!?!?!?!

Plan: whatever works =)
Stats: 316.8/191.1/180 Female 5.7
BF:too much
Progress: 92%

OK so I want to jump on this bandwagon with you all. I am ordering the book since I dont have the 72 version. I have done so good and I think this might jump start the process again. Thanks for making this thread.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-08, 15:25
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Down another pound this morning! (I still won't feel comfortable until I see the scale drop past that 255 lb wall I've been hitting for months.)
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-08, 18:06

BF:

Good job Kisal and welcome Gem.

I'm down 1.5 pounds as of today and I'm still on track. Thinking of salmon for dinner. What is everyone having for dinner?
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-08, 18:52

Plan: To Lose - HHR
Stats: 280/225/179 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Good Job Emmy and Kisal! I was down 1.4 pounds today, I bounce around so we shall see about tomorrow.

I just had some chicken breast sauteed with butter/olive oil and garlic with some lemon to finish. It was Fab!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-08, 20:05

Plan: 1972 Atkins Lifestyle
Stats: 168/159/140 Female 5 foot 5 inches
BF:35%/12%/23%
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisal
Down another pound this morning! (I still won't feel comfortable until I see the scale drop past that 255 lb wall I've been hitting for months.)

Yeah!!! KISAL!!!!
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jul-02-08, 21:06

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Maxine.
Good Job Emmy and Kisal! I was down 1.4 pounds today, I bounce around so we shall see about tomorrow.

I just had some chicken breast sauteed with butter/olive oil and garlic with some lemon to finish. It was Fab!

Way to go Maxine! I'm sure you be able to claim it for good....and more
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 09:53

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 162/135/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Have been reading this thread off and on, and would love to join you all.

I'm an old time Atkineer, but had to go back to Induction a week ago to get these last lbs. to disappear. Am also focusing on fat loss by doing some intermittent weight training. I say intermittent, cause I'm still trying to get to do it on a regular basis......

I simply love this WOE and have for years.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-08, 13:47

Plan: Atkins Old School
Stats: 163/157/133 Female 68in
BF:
Progress: 20%

Checking in here, I'm on day 4 and down 2.5 lbs. One of the things I am doing differently is I have not had any nuts, almonds or peanut butter. I used to always eat on the DANDR induction (I know it's cheating) but count the carbs in my daily total. That's a lot for me because I adore peanut butter.

I will confess to having a partial square of 70% dark chocolate. Something about having a sweet at the end of the day gets me. I think my carb totals are from 7-15 each day.

Last night for dinner roast chicken and 1 cup of salad. Tonight some salmon patties (w/panko for family)without for me. I have also been loving Gwaltney brand beef bacon, 0 carbs. Now I just need something sweet since I don't eat Jell-O at all. I'm also trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners. Maybe I am better off with just a partial square of dark choc.?

Happy July 4th to everyone in U.S. I am having an alcohol free weekend.
Closed Thread