Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Fri, May-23-08, 17:17
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

MOMD day 6

Nope, its a charcoal grill, we had a gas one, but it wasn't the same,
I use seltzer water with davinchi syrup Eating is still good, exercise is still not so great, but with the holiday coming up we are doing too much overtime, so I'm beat.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, May-24-08, 07:02

Plan: Carnivoire
Stats: 373.6/373.6/150.0 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

MOMD days 7
no soda days 4

Busy day no time to chat will post more tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, May-24-08, 14:18
Butter is Better!

MOMD day 7

BFs DS and 2 of his little grandsons are here for the holiday, i have to work tonight, but am off tomorrow night and Monday night, They went to Knoebols, a pretty great amusement park near here today so I could sleep, I already have 45 hours in this week and am scheduled for 10 more tonight.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, May-25-08, 10:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

HOWDY YA'LL!!!

Wings - I agree, I have to come round more often...I have a policy about always hanging round with the pretty ladies...and the numbers here are good, like 40 wimmens and two or three guys....

As to the 100 pounds lost, I have hit that mark two times already and seem to bounce back up. I am convinced my body likes being about 270 -280 cause I seem to have no problem maintaining that weight. However, this summer I am shooting for maintaining 240 - 250!

Liddie - Hey baby! You're still doin great and looking better than great! Your man better be takin good care of my girl!

And all the rest of the pretty ladies here, group hug?

I am goin to buy a charcoal grill today with the side firebox so I can smoke up some ribs, chicken and beef tonight. Gonna eat high on the hog the next few days. I have a really nice gas grill, but nothing beats a real wood, or real charcoal fire..I don't do the briquette thing often...

I got a new toy too! I saw and fell in love with a really great 5 string bass guitar, so I bid on it and won! My first e bay purchase! I'll have to get some photos up soon, she looks way better than I can play her. Her name is also Big Red..you'll see why...

Been riding my bike a lot. My sons and I spent half the day yesterday on our bikes, and we're gonna ride some more today.

On the "Startling News Stories" headlines this week, my DW rode with us for about an hour yesterday! I'm stoked!!

She liked my new bike better than hers, it is more comfortable to ride. So, Tuesday I am off to the bike shop to put the women's version of my bike on layaway. Her B Day is June 22, so I have about a month to pay it off on layaway.

Anyway, enough babbling about me, tough I am MOMD Day some friggin thing...I think it is about day 6, so I am going with that....

WONJ#10 saying, "How you doin'?"
(well, not to Scott or Mike that is...)
  #35   ^
Old Sun, May-25-08, 18:08
Butter is Better!

Thats the kind of grill I bought for us! we were at the amusement park all day, then had a cookout, venison burgers, chicken, and hot dogs cooked on it
  #36   ^
Old Sun, May-25-08, 18:41

Plan: Atkins-ish/IF-ish
Stats: 385/278/180 Female 5'10"
BF:something, maybe
Progress: 52%

Hey guys! I'm having a tough day. Actually, a tough weekend. I'm still MOMD, that's not the problem.

The problem is that I've come to the conclusion that it's time to let Merlin, my 21-year old Siamese cat, go. He's not sick, not exactly...he's just REALLY old and has pretty much lost control of his bodily functions. He'll be sound asleep and suddenly poop or pee wherever he's curled up. It's not *revenge*..trust me, I've had cats who behaved like that before. It's more like he can't tell the signals that his body is sending him anymore. Of course, he's had maybe 10 mini-strokes in the last few years. But he always seemed to bounce back. But he's been deteriorating faster in the last six months.

It's stressful from him, it's stressful for me, and it's really stressful for the other cats. He's not really all there, and he's not happy. I've spent a lot of time trying to figure this all out. But the vet can't make him *better.* And I truly can't continue to live like this. I came home today after work and my bed had been pooped on twice and then within three hours of m arrival home, he'd peed on the couch, pooped on the couch (twice) and pooped on the floor three times.

So I'm calling the vet on Tuesday to make arrangements.
  #37   ^
Old Sun, May-25-08, 19:27

Stats: 255/255/150 Female 67
BF:way too much

Sorry to hear Cynthia. I have been there I know it hurts but it is the best for him. He has lived such a great long life. I know siamese can live that long. Used to work for a vet for years while going through nursing school. Hang in there. It us a very hard decision

Hugs
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-26-08, 19:07

Stats: 361/285.0/240.0 Male 5'11"
BF:Shake Hands w/Beef
Progress: 63%

Sorry to hear that too Cynthia.....Hope all goes as well as it can for you!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, May-26-08, 20:03

Plan: Atkins - O.W.L.
Stats: 197/172/150 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 53%

MOMD Day 8 May 27th 2008

OK day, OK weekend. Nothing much happening. It's like I'm in maintenance, just that I'm about 15 lbs heavier than I want to be.

Things like the Earthquake in Sichuan and the Cyclone in Myanmar make me feel trivial about obsessing about what I weight.

[b]Oak[b/] - sorry to hear about your cat. It's very sad.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, May-26-08, 21:13

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

I have actually been MOMD for FOURTEEN DAYS!! That is like a miracle to me! I have been posting on and off, but I didn't feel comfy saying I was Da Master I was ON PLAN for Memorial Day. Amazing. I don't think I've ever stayed on plan on a holiday. I've even posted my meals!!!

I do want to post a "cheat" though. My b-day is next month and I'm calling it as a cheat... The b-day, not the whole month!! I am a bit skeered that I may slide off the 'ole wagon. But, I also worry that if I try to stay on the diet on my b-day, I'll feel childishly resentful. (It's my birfday!! )

Cynthia, I am so sorry about your kitty... I hate having to put animals down, but I also hate watching them suffer...
  #41   ^
Old Tue, May-27-08, 01:24

Thanks for the good wishes, guys. This sucks, but the past weekend has really confirmed that it's the right thing to do. Merlin's really out of it...but he just can't seem to let go. I'll be calling the vet when I get home from work this afternoon. Hopefully we can get this done within the next couple of days.

Theresa, congrats on 14 days! Another June baby When's YOUR birfday? Mine's June 27.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, May-27-08, 06:07

Stats: 255/255/150 Female 67
BF:way too much

Today is MOMD day #1. Again!.

Congrats 2 BThinner on 14 days!

Hope everyone has a great day
  #43   ^
Old Tue, May-27-08, 08:47

Plan: Intermittent Fasting, LC
Stats: 242/215/130 Female 5'7.5"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 24%

The 11th. I don't think I posted the birth year in my bio. I forget why, someone said there are programs that look for it, yadda yadda. But, I'll be 47.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, May-27-08, 11:37
Butter is Better!

Momd day 10

I'll be 48 in July, DD and BF are diabetic so I do a LC cake and Icecream for us, and a regular one for everyone else(its my mom's BD too.)
  #45   ^
Old Tue, May-27-08, 16:55

Wow! I'll be 46 at the end o' June.

I took Merlin in to the vet today. They were very compassionate and as these things go, it was very quick and peaceful.

So today was difficult, but I'm still MOMD. Now I'm home in bed with the other three grouped around me.
Closed Thread