Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, May-10-08, 16:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220.5/211.2/150 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%

Thanks for the link to your thread Bawdy it is very interesting! Haven't had time to read it all yet.. I got side tracked onto The Bear's thread and I am just learning so much.

Doing the lc thing in my latest induction I found just eating meats and fats made me drop pounds but I was concerned I was over eating protein ( around 90 grams but I think for my weight that is ok) and should add more carbs.. it is good to get more info on that from your thread, perfect timing thank you!

I haven't lost anything since I upped the fats, only a couple of days though, it looks like I am up a few ozs but that happens so I am just sticking with it and monitoring my weight daily.

So much to read and learn and so little time!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, May-10-08, 19:03

Plan: Atkins/ME
Stats: 145/140/130 Female 5'6"
BF:?
Progress: 33%

Hi all.

I am the eternally embarrassed girl who really loves high fat but keeps falling off the wagon for approximately a week at a time. I am so sick of it.

I enjoyed starting to read the older thread ~Bawdy ~ thank you for sharing, I think I will try and read it all tonight! I appreciate that there are a few wine drinkers lurking.......I do not drink wine every night , but really enjoy a wine or two more often than not. I have been concerned it stalls me when I am LC/HF...........But I just think even if I lose "more slowly" and steadily and feel like I am living like I wish to live, I might stick with the Low carb lifestyle. I seem to be in a self sabotage mode at the moment though~ and want ot RESTART again on Monday, if you all will have me.

Anyway, I really enjoy high fat and need to come to grips with why I keep finding excuses to sabotage a really staisfying way of eating...LOL.,,,,work in progress here.........

Keep it up everyone, I am inspired by all of you!!
  #33   ^
Old Sat, May-10-08, 19:40

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 167/135/127 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 80%

Checking in.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, May-11-08, 04:38
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwgirl
I appreciate that there are a few wine drinkers lurking..
had to give up the wine, but substituted it for ice cream!!!

tell ya what, you drink your wine, i'll eat my ice cream and we'll start over next week!

happy mother's day to everyone!
  #35   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 08:20
Scottish Flower

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 210/171/145 Female 5ft 3 1/2
BF:no i'm married :)
Progress: 60%

Hey Guys

i found you in your new home, nice digs

Anyway i'm still MIA from highfatting, i'm sort of doing different things on different days, a little IF, a little highfat, a little high protein. Really i'm listening to my body and following what it needs. Finally i'm losing again but my plan is mainly highfat for maintenance so you just can't get rid of me
  #36   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 08:38

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%

Hi all -

unfortunately I gained the 2 kilos back and NO CHEATING. Protein has been kept to around 70g/day, fat a lot higher and carbs less than 20g, consistently.

I'm getting really pissed off with my weight going up and not down. I think I'm going to have a go at meat and egg for awhile to see if I can shake off my dairy habit. I can't think why else my weight would go up. It keeps happening and I'm really at a loss what to do.

I'm sure there must be an answer!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 08:47

Plan: keto ancestral/IF
Stats: 330/189/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I dunno, Loops, M&E for me, I lost weight, but gained it right back as soon as I stopped. I'm having success with my kitchen scale method, as well as having a few higher carbs. I really like doing this PPLP - it has helped a lot (over Atkins) - although right now I'm stuck in TOM hell. Hopefully M&E will work better for you.

Have a good day everyone.
  #38   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 12:07

Plan: Atkins -- high fat
Stats: 172/154/136 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I cooked up something nice over the weekend that I'll have again and again. Anne, I got the idea from you.

I sauteed half of a NY steak on Fri. night. When done, I drained the pan, but did not wipte it out. Threw in a pat of butter. When sizzling, I put some sliced cabbage and onions, cooked and stirred, then when just about done, a little (liquid) wh. cream. Not enough for a sauce, just to coat it. It was delicious. Thanks for the idea Anne!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 13:22

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 74/76/67 Female 5ft 6.5 inches
BF:29/31/25
Progress: -29%

Hi NoWhammies -

how many carbs are you having now?

I seem to be hopelessly addicted to dairy - haven't had any so far today but struggling to find other fats. You've done very well to give it up I must say!
  #40   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 13:53

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 195/177.8/155 Female 55 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

I'm still here. I've been sabotaging myself the past few weeks and I'm sick with myself for doing it. Decided I need to suck it up and stick to it or I'm going to regain everything I've lost.

Doing well so far today. I tend to overeat protein, so I'm trying to be careful with that.

TOM just finished so I should have a good 2-3 weeks that I can't blame on hormones!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 15:47

Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Geez, my notification for this thread must not be working. I checked my email before work this morning, and there was nothing there. I was thinking that maybe the thread was petering out. But no! You're here!

I'll try to come back and actually read the posts tonight, but more likely it will be tomorrow night.

See ya soon!

PS: cwgirl, you're not the only one. I always have one week where I'm spot-on and lose 5 pounds. Then the next week is good, except I slip up a little toward the end and gain some back. That's where I am now. I'm supposed to weigh in tomorrow morning, but maybe not. Maybe I'll work really hard again and weigh next week.

Sheesh.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 17:08

BF:

Loops: I am having about 7-10 grams of net carbs per meal. Never eating carbs without the presence of protein. Pretty much only eating veggie and berry carbs. Freaked me out at first after the VLC I was doing, but I feel so much better and I'm losing again - so it's all good.
  #43   ^
Old Mon, May-12-08, 20:18

BF:

My day today:

Breakfast - Raspberry protein smoothie made with 1/4 c coconut milk, 3.4 oz raspberries, 4 egg whites, 2 eggs, 1T Lemon-flavored cod liver oil & water

Lunch: 5 oz homemade gyro (made from ground lamb), 2 oz avocado & 2T homemade mayo mixed with 2T red wine vinegar

Dinner: 4 oz bison burger on 1/2 oz maiche with 2 oz avocado, 2T mayo and 1/2 oz bacon

Totals for the day: Cal - 1977
Carb - 14.3g - 6%
Pro 96.5 g - 20%
Fat - 165.8.g - 75%

Have a good evening.
  #44   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 03:44

Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I sure wish I knew the right thing to do. The Drs. Eades have a new book coming out in the fall on weight loss for middle-age folks, including info on menopause. I CAN'T WAIT!

Their deadline is this month, and Dr. Mike said that they could start "spilling at least some of the beans" thereafter.

When the publisher opens it for pre-sale, they're going to be flooded!
  #45   ^
Old Tue, May-13-08, 07:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/155/150 Female 5'8.5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I fell off the wagon on Sat into a large sticky sugary vat of carbs and am attempting to swim to the edge to crawl out. Mother's Day I didn't do well. Then I ate well yesterday only to consume Chinese take out for dinner when a planned birthday party fell through due to sickness and I was unprepared. Oh well, hopefully today i can get back to basics. I felt so encouraged just reading here. Thanks guys. This is a woe of eating not a diet, this is a woe not a diet, this is a woe......
Anne