This turned out pretty nicely.
2 cups (approx) chicken broth - the homemade full-fat kind is best
1 Tbsp chopped onion
2 small bunches of broccoli (or 1 large, or frozen equiv.)
2 cups kale (about 4 leaves worth)
1/4 cup heavy cream, or to taste
- cook onion in a bit of butter
- add broth, bring to boil
- add broccoli, cook until soft
- finely chop kale while broccoli cooks
- allow broccoli and broth to cool breifly, then puree
- return to heat, add kale
- add water if too thick
- simmer 10 min
- add cream to taste
- serve with shredded cheddar cheese
For 1/4 of the recipe, with 1/2 oz shredded cheddar: 6 total - 2 fiber = 4 EC
...and check out *these* numbers: 135% of your RDA for vitamin C, 56% vit A, 14% vit E, 18% calcium, 15% riboflavin, the list goes on.
I assumed 2 cups each of kale and broccoli in the recipe.