Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, May-26-08, 15:29

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 277/253/165 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 21%

I tried this yesterday. It was ok only because the topping didn't stick to the "dough" and it still had a cauliflower taste with a bit of mush inside.

Did I do something wrong?
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, May-26-08, 16:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/160/145 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I made this for lunch yesterday and today too. I used low carb pizza sauce, turkey burger, artichoke hearts, spinach and feta cheese. It is SO good. I find this recipe really adaptable to a variety of toppings. I like cauliflower, so I could not say if there is a cauliflower "taste". THANK YOU cleochatra for your wonderful recipes!!!
  #63   ^
Old Mon, May-26-08, 18:45

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 257/232/200 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I did not taste the cauliflower! Better yet, the pickiest eater on the face of the planet (my BF), did not know it was cauliflower (I think he would have a seizure if he knew- you might as well feed him a bug over cauliflower or any low carb veggie besides iceburg lettuce or green beans, for that matter)! It was absolutely delicious! I made a half combo half pepperoni, with double the crust recipe, put the crust on parchment paper, and baked it and let it sit. It held up beautifully, only thing is the parchment doesn't let it "dry" very well, so it may be a good idea to remove it after it sets. Thanks for the recipe!!
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-08, 09:21

Plan: LC
Stats: 157/155/135 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 9%

I made this last night and it was excellent. I think by making it thinner I could use it for enchiladas, etc. It really doesn't taste like cauliflower - not that I have anything against cauliflower.

Thanks for the recipe!
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-08, 16:05
Registered Member

Stats: 165/154/130 Female 5'5'
BF:
Progress: 31%

This was by far the most delicious LC thing I've eaten. It comes in very close to being real pizza. Personally, I'd cut down on the cheese and bake it for a tad bit longer. Next time, which is to be tomorrow, I'm going to throw in a bit of fresh garlic as well.
Also, I didn't end up putting cheese on top, instead, I just spread a bit of tomato sauce and it was definitely cheesy enough.
SO DAMNNN GOOD!! This is a must try!!
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-08, 15:56

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/167/155 Female 5'9"
BF:don't/wanna/know
Progress: 84%

Mine is in the oven now!!
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-08, 02:52
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Here is my attempt. It tasted incredible! Even a couple of non cauliflower fans were crazy about it. When I said we were having cauliflower pizza for dinner tonight I got some strange looks but now it looks like I will be making this again and again.

I used fresh cauli since thats all I had.

I also had some leftover grated cauli, cheese and a couple of eggs. I mixed it up with a bit or parmesan cheese and some garlic powder and dumped it in the cast iron and then made pan breadsticks which also got devoured.

#68   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-08, 08:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/167/155 Female 5'9"
BF:don't/wanna/know
Progress: 84%

Mine wasn't as solid in the middle, but I blame my oven. It's been a little tempermental lately. But it tasted great, and I had to block DS16 from eating all of it. Thanks Cleo for a great recipe!
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-08, 08:17
AntiSAD

Plan: finding my happy place
Stats: 245/231.4/200 Female 67 inches.
BF:
Progress: 30%

Cleo; I made it for the first time yesterday too! I posted pics on pg 83 in my journal. I love it! My family did too. I didn't tell them what the crust was made of until they finished eating....I'm bad that way. They were utterly amazed.

Thanks for sharing all your great ideas!!
  #70   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-08, 13:43
Registered Member

Stats: 209/183/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 41%

This is my fav recipe and have made it a number of times. I found that to get rid of the sogginess, you need to squeeze water out of the cooked cauliflower. I use a potato ricer and was suprised to see the amount of water there was. Then I kind of mash the resulting cauliflower with my hands.

I also found that my crust sticks better if I firmly mold it, then push it into a pie crust form.
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-08, 20:46
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I am so glad you guys are liking this recipe. I am so hooked on it. I mean, I was the biggest pizza junkie on the planet, and now, because of zucchini an cauliflower, I can stay on plan and SO enjoy what I am eating. I never have an excuse now to go off-plan!

I also used the crust to make pizza in a cup and a pizza cone! I have had so much fun with it. It makes me so glad to see how you guys use it, too.
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Jun-19-08, 16:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 243/240/170 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 4%

I made the zucchini version of this pizza the other day and it was divine. I didn't have any mozzarella cheese so I used a combination of cheddar and parmesan. It was great to have a piece (actually many pieces) of pizza without tossing the crust. Plus my family liked it too. I’ll be trying the “bread”sticks soon.
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-08, 09:46
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

lasagna

breadsticks

They might be here on the site, too, but I'm not sure?
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-08, 13:29

Stats: 220/255/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -88%

I tried this about two weeks ago, and mine did not hold up at all. However, that was my fault because I basically ended up doubling the recipe and didn't smoosh it out thin enough. Maybe finding a way to wring some liquid out would be a good idea as well. I used the electric blender and got the grain down pretty small, and I liked that aspect of it. I'll need to experiment a little, because I really like the idea of using cauliflower for this, and it sounds like everyone else is getting really good results!
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-08, 13:32

Plan: whole foods
Stats: 240/180/140 Female 63 inches
BF:too f'ing much
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkshot
I tried this about two weeks ago, and mine did not hold up at all. However, that was my fault because I basically ended up doubling the recipe and didn't smoosh it out thin enough. Maybe finding a way to wring some liquid out would be a good idea as well. I used the electric blender and got the grain down pretty small, and I liked that aspect of it. I'll need to experiment a little, because I really like the idea of using cauliflower for this, and it sounds like everyone else is getting really good results!

I tried this a couple of times--I spread it out REALLY thin plus blotted a lot of the water from the cauliflower. It held together but I couldn't eat it with my hands. Tastewise it was awesome, but then I love cauliflower.