Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-21-08, 10:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/212/175 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

I tried the lasagna and my family loved it! I want to try the pizza next. I made the lasagna plain but plan to add toppings next time.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 00:48

Plan: south beach
Stats: 338/288/199 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

gonna make this tomorrow night, excited because ive been craving pizza!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-08, 07:22
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Synne-- I love this recipe so much. Seriously!

As an aside, if it hasn't already been mentioned, one can substitute zucchini for the cauliflower for a more mild crust flavor.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 14:00

Plan: south beach
Stats: 338/288/199 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 36%

Ahhh it was SO GOOD! BF loved it. He was shocked fake pizza could taste so good, as was I!

I am about to go make some more and will double the recipe.

Trying the lasagna next! yum!! ty for this recipe.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-26-08, 18:25
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

Gasp. Swoon. It's not fake pizza. Honest! It's pizza. It's just a gluten-free, low-carb pizza. That Atkins pizza I had that was frozen? That was fake pizza.

If it's made with Synne love, it's all real, baby!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-30-08, 17:35

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 252.5/245.7/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 7%

Yum yum yum! Delish.

I did something wrong because the crust stuck to the pan and I wasn't able to eat it like I would a slice of pizza, but overall I think this was awesome!

Thanks muchly!
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Apr-01-08, 21:56
Registered Member

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 227/174/166 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibasho
Yum yum yum! Delish.

I did something wrong because the crust stuck to the pan and I wasn't able to eat it like I would a slice of pizza, but overall I think this was awesome!

Thanks muchly!

I definitively suggest parchment paper. It's like 3.00 a roll or so but it will do a lot. I also use it for cheese crisps in the microwave. I cut parchment to fit my pizza pans and nothing sticks to it! I'm like you my first try I didn't use it and my pizza stuck even with being sprayed so it may not have been you. Parchment takes away all that worry.

I cut rounds the size of my pizza pans.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Apr-02-08, 07:24
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

I run a spatula around the outside of the pan by pushing inwards a little at a time and turning the pan. Then I keep working the spatula deeper. Usually, the Pam plus the fat from the crust keeps things under control, but when it doesn't, scraping helps. If you accidentally 'tear' some of the pizza, put it back, then pop back into the oven with cheese in the hole for a few minutes (lower temp) and the cheese might help mend the rift).
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-08, 13:56

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

So does the crust REALLY come out crusty? Or does it just have a spongy texture? Man! If it really is crusty then I'm making some this weekend. Tell the truth now...crunchy or somewhat mushy spongy???
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-08, 14:38
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Plan: 5% Carbs/75% Fat/20% Prot
Stats: 191/175/150 Female 5'2"
BF:Getting lower
Progress: 39%

Quote:
So does the crust REALLY come out crusty? Or does it just have a spongy texture? Man! If it really is crusty then I'm making some this weekend. Tell the truth now...crunchy or somewhat mushy spongy???

That's exactly what I was wondering. I bought all of the stuff to make it. I'm going to try it for dinner tonight. If nobody reponds to you by then I'll definitely let you know how it comes out.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-08, 14:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdbobby
That's exactly what I was wondering. I bought all of the stuff to make it. I'm going to try it for dinner tonight. If nobody reponds to you by then I'll definitely let you know how it comes out.

Cool. Can't wait to hear the outcome. Thanks.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Apr-03-08, 19:30
~ JUST DO IT!!! ~

Plan: 5% Carbs/75% Fat/20% Prot
Stats: 191/175/150 Female 5'2"
BF:Getting lower
Progress: 39%

Ok...
My pizza came out really good. My whole family loved it BUT I don't know if I did something wrong or if this how it's supposed to be. My crust wasn't "bready" or very pizza crust like. In a way it reminded me of the pizza quiche but held up a lot better. More like a real pizza.

I doubled the recipe & spread the "dough" on my big pizza stone. I don't know if I spread it too thin. After it cooled I was able to hold a slice like a regular slice of pizza. It was somewhat limp though.

After I baked the crust it looked soooo good and pizza dough like. I added the toppings and then baked it for 5 mins before broiling. Maybe that contributed to the soggy crust? The edges were really nice and toasty.

My older son, who is EXTREMELY PICKY, ate his slice and said "yum, this is good but what's up with the crust?". LOL. He definitely would not have tried it if he knew that it was made out of cauliflower.

I'm going to read through this thread tomorrow. I'll try the breadsticks and see how those turn out.

I took pics of each step. It looked exactly like a regular delicious pizza. I'll post them here tomorrow.

I will definitely be making it again.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-08, 18:03

Cool. Waiting to hear about the breadsticks too.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Apr-04-08, 20:14
Great seller! A+++++

BF:

I've found that letting the recipe 'rest' post-cooking makes a huge difference, especially with anything bigger than a 14" pie.

Mine comes out initially floopy, and then goes to fabulous in a few minutes. I'm taking pizza to a mom's lunch tomorrow.
  #30   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-08, 07:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/143/130 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Hi. I'm sorry I am new at this and read the pizza recipe and am SO excited to try it! But after reading all the threads and hearing about how good the lasagna is too, I wanted to try that one as well. Problem is, I can't find the recipe on here anywhere! Could someone post it on this thread or point me in the right direction please? O and the breadsticks too! Much appreciated!