Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 04:36

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Check in

OK, I wasn't perfect yesterday, had a bit of a cheat but I'm still losing so far. Yesterday was a weird one.

BR: 1 coffee, pork rinds, 1 more coffee (this time with cream)

L: 2 egg sandwiches (with whole wheat bread) this was my cheat.

D: beef stir-fry, broccoli, and mashed potatoes (left over night)

Lots of water.

Back down to 182 this morning. 2 lbs to go.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 10:43

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Talking I feel good

I woke up yesterday feeling really good. Today I feel good.

If I feel so wonderful and I am only halfway to my goal then I can imagine what it will be like when I am in my goal "range". I can climb over the chain link fence! HA..... I can get up in the kids tree fort without heaving and heftin' my butt up there.... I can run....I can dance without jigglin'. HA.

Life is good.

Ya'll have a great day.
Libby

Last edited by Libbyfcr : Thu, Mar-14-02 at 19:47.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 10:52

BF:
Talking Decided to treat myself...

I've decided to treat myself today and go try on that dress I've been seeing in a window for the last little while. I'm thinking that if I try on a size 16, and it fits (or almost) then I will get a size 14 and make it my goal to lose enough weight by June to fit in the dress (I will wear it to the 2 weddings I'm going to). It would be nice to lose enough to feel pretty in a bathing suit this summer, but I won't push my luck.

Wish me luck... hopefully I'll write back tonight with good news. I hope it fits...
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 11:01

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:

Woohoo Libby and Josee!!! You know what the first real physical realization I had of significant weight loss? After I had lost about 50 pounds I was amazed at how easy it was to reach the bottom of the washing machine!

I hope that dress fits you like a dream, Josee! You definitely deserve it and you'll be the belle of the ball come June!
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 11:47

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Good morning

I agree, it's wonderful to "feel the weight loss." I noticed the other day it feels different to hug dh. It felt closer. Nice.
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 19:15

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 181/173.5/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Check in

I've had a good week so far. Congratulations everybody. Everything seems to be terrific for everybody.

Today
B- fish and brocolli

L- salad and chicken breast

D- polish- sauerkraut-1/2 reese cup

Exercise 30 minute hike

100oz H2O

Does anyone has any exercise suggestions? I'm getting bored with Tae Bo.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 20:02

BF:
Cool Livin' and Lovin' Low Carb

arnie..... glad to see that I am not the only one who eats non-
breakfast types of food for breakfast.

Josee.... please give us a dress update! I want details!

I had salmon for supper.... it was lovely. (green beans and salad too)

BTW. I have tried to "up" my food intake in the last few days. I really don't think I have been getting quite enough lately. Anyway.... this is wierd..... since I have been trying to eat more I have lost more weight. Right now I am 3 lbs below my last weeks average and I am only half way through my week. This means I am in for a good average this week and therefore a good loss. (I hope)

Ya'll are such a great support for me. Thank you. Thank you all.

Libby
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 20:22

BF:
Default check in

I've been trying to increase my calories, too. Fitday is NOT working, so no counts on carbs, but I'm sure it's ok.

B - 5 egg omelete, 2 mushrooms
L - sardines, 1 boiled egg
D - pork chop, salad, mayo

May have been up in the weight this morning. I slept in, so didn't weigh at my usual time.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 20:49

BF:
Default Weekly Averages

Spider....
Do you average your weight weekly like in the CALP book? For me this should be called the "Monday Challenge" because I do my averages on Monday. LOL

I decided today, after wearing my old yucky jeans once again, that it is time to hide them in the back of my dresser. I do believe that when you can pull your jeans off without undoing them it is time to wear something else. I am going to keep them....and only them......as a reminder. Maybe when I reach my goal I will get them out and put them on, just for a shock!! Everything else is history.... it's all going in my yardsale stuff. SO there!!

What do ya'll do with your clothes once they are too big?

Libby
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 21:10

BF:
Default Libby

My weight hasn't budged off of 130 since the 6th. It's NEVER done that. The needle may have been up a tiny this morning, but tom has been a no show for awhile. Typical of lc'ing for me. I never seem to get past the royally screwed up cycle phase. This time I wasn't surprised, so am patiently waiting for it to do whatever it's going to do. Menopause would be nice, but my blood tests last year didn't even indicate perimenopause. I'm 51 for heaven's sake, why do I need to still be waiting for tom??? My baby will be 26 tomorrow. He's in the Army, so if you guys wouldn't mind, say a little prayer for his safety, please. I think tom has missed Rick's birthday once, LOL.

I tossed a lot of clothes in my effort to organize the house about a month ago. Just told DH that I have 3 pairs of jeans to wear once this weight is off, and I expect to have new clothes. LOL I have so few now, that they will be pretty much shot by June, and I'd love to reach 115 by then. The pants should fit at that weight. It's 15 pounds, really, is that too much to ask? I don't think so. Now if my body will behave.

See you all tomorrow.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 04:55

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default HI ALL

HI GUYS,
EVERYONE SOUNDS "UP". GLAD TO HEAR IT. I'M TRYING TO STAY IN A GOOD MOOD. MIGHT WEIGH TODAY IF I GO TO THE GODDAMN BATHROOM. IF NOT I'LL WAIT. I'VE BEEN STICKING TO 20 CARBS. NOT GOING OVER. ATE GOOD YESTERDAY. MAYBE I'LL TRY TO EAT MORE, WITH MY LUCK I'LL GAIN FASTER.
I SEEM TO BE STUCK BEFORE I REALLY LOST ANYTHING. I WONDER IF SOME PEOPLE JUST CAN'T LOSE ON LOW CARB. FIGURES I'D BE ONE OF THEM.

YESTERDAY:
B-COFFEE,CREAM,CHEESE
L-CHICKEN,VEGGIES
D-3 EGG OMELLTEW/SALAMI,CHEESE AND THEN SOME TURKEY

SF JELLO, WHIPPED CREAM

JOSEE GOOD LUCK WITH THE DRESS.
BASPIDER I'LL SAY A PRAYER FOR RICK

LIBBY_SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIMSUIT LOOK OUT!
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 05:00

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default ARNIE

ARNIE:
I WORK OUT PRACTICALLY EVERDAY. I WAS DOING THE TAE BO BUT I ALSO BOUGHT OTHER TAPES. WE HAVE AN EXCERCISE CHANNEL HERE THAT HAS GILAD'S BODY IN MOTION AND THAT TAMMY LEE WEB(I THINK THAT'S HER NAME). IT IS ON FOR HOURS IN THE MORNING. THEY DO ALL KINDS OF STUFF. WEIGHTS, STEP, AEROBICS. I THINK YOU NEED TO MIX IT UP A LITTLE. BUY A FEW OTHER TAPES. WEIGHT TRAINING IS IMPORTANT.
GOOD LUCK!
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 07:55

BF:
Default March 14th Check-In

Hi all,

Here's yesterdays meals:

BR: 1 coffee, western omlet (without onions) 2 sausages and 2 strips of bacon. with ketchup.

L: 8 spicy chicken wings

D: Home made fettucine Alfredo, with broccoli and shrimp.

The Dress: I went to the store to try on the dress. They only had a size 14. I could fit in a size 16 now. The 14 was of course too small and I didn't do up the zipper, but I can tell that I could lose enough weight to buy it for June. (as long as my husband doesn't keep feeding me like he did last week when he returns)

DH told me yesterday that he'll only be out of town for another month. I was absolutely thrilled! He will be working from home the lucky guy. I can't wait for him to come back!!!

So that's it for now. Today will be absolutely boring at work. Both bosses gone and I have nothing to do. I hate that!!
  #59   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 09:01

BF:
Default The Dress

So...... didja buy the dress?

Spider.... 130 is a whole lot nicer than 149 right? You are doing great!! Stick with it and be patient..... it will happen.

I keep telling myself that any day that I weigh the same is great..and a day that I weigh less is fabulous. This is a whole new lifestyle for all of us and we WILL reach a healthy weight. WE WILL DO THIS..... right CHRIS?!!

Chris..... you are doing so well. You just hang in there and know that we are all cheering you on. If low-carb is right for you it WILL happen... you WILL drop those pesky pounds. Just keep reading your low-carb books and keep your spirits high. You can do this!

Libby
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Mar-15-02, 10:33

BF:
Default Hi

Cris, Try eating more protein. I'd say a LOT more. You aren't eating breakfast, just having coffee. If you had something premade to just grab and go, it might make a difference.

Yes all, I'm being patient this time. I'll stay on induction till things even out with my body and then see what happens. It's time to start some SERIOUS exercise.

I downloaded a program off of tucows called HITS. It tracks nutrition, supplements, exercise, weight/bodyfat. It's free and you enter in the stats for food manually or buy the plugin and download the ascii files from the USDA. Well, I don't use all the foods the USDA lists so I'm not buying the plugin. I downloaded the excel file of the usda database and am manually creating my menu's for quick entry. My computer is up more consistently than fitday.