Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 19:44

Plan: CALP
Stats: 149/142.5/100 Female 5'0"
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Sunday Challengers Week 3

Ok, Hows this everyone?

Good day so far. Haven't kept track, but will post stats later.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 20:21

Plan: SOUTH BEACH
Stats: 151.2/146/135
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default CUPCAKES

LISA,
I USED
80Z CREAM CHEESE
3 PACKETS SPLENDA
1 TSP VANILLA
1/2 TABLESPOON COCOA POWDER
1 EGG

JUST BEAT IT ALL TOGETHER AND SPOON INTO THE CUPCAKE THINGIES. I BAKED AT 350 UNTIL THEY SPRUNG BACK. THEY CAME TO ABOUT 2.5-3 CARBS EACH. IT DEPENDS ON HOW MANY CUPCAKES YOU MAKE. YOU CAN FIGURE IT OUT THOUGH. I WAS EATING THE BATTER TOO. IT WAS GOOD.

HOPE YOU LIKE IT.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 20:42

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hello everyone! This is such a good thread, I decided to follow. Libby...that is sooo fantastic!!! Got some size 10 Levi shorts waiting on me too!

BASpider...you crack me up sometimes! Loved the goal height comment!!!

Cris, I am very happy you found the program that is going to work for you! It sounds like you're well on your way and you seem so much more content and in control of things now! Way to go!!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 21:25

Stats: 199/185/139
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default New week, new thread!

I'm happy to go another week with you guys!

I'd like my goal to be 1.5 lbs. this week. I'm going to commit to absolutely NO cheats this week. I cheated today.. after having a GREAT day ::: dumb dumb dumb:: and had banana cream jello pudding waaaaaaay after my hour RM was up.

So.. I'm off to plan a menu for the week.. that might help keep me steady.

Lisa
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-09-02, 21:51

BF:
Default Check in

This thread seems to be working for all of us. I'm feeling more comfortable with it, hope everyone else is too.

B- 4 or 5 eggs some chopped up spinach and mushrooms in it. Measuring was out, sharing with dh. We stand there and add stuff, basil, salt, pepper, no garlic or can't go to the bookstore.

L - starved by the time we got out of the house and down the road, so got a broiled chicken.

D- gee did the same for dinner, but added some salad.

Have one more water and I'll have met the 64 oz. Didn't get enough calories today, under 1000, first time in 40 years!! LOL I suppose I could go eat an avocado, huh? Or some more chicken or leftover roast. Not hungry, so not tonight.

I redid my PP numbers and I have 89 pounds of lean body mass, so should only aim for 54 gms of protein instead of 81. Makes a heck of a difference. I was able to eat my protein quota for breakfast in eggs and be full for the rest of the day. That just doesn't work out, now does it. The old book is different than the new one.

The science experiment continues.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 08:11

BF:
Default DISAPPOINTED

WELL I HAVE TO SAY I AM DISAPPOINTED BUT I AM TRYING NOT TO BE. FROM SUNDAY TO SUNDAY I LOST 3.8 POUNDS. NOT BAD, BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE MORE. I KNOW I'M BEING IMPATIENT BUT I'M SICK OF BEING THE SAME WEIGHT. OK, I'LL STOP MY BIG WHINING.

I JUST WORKED OUT AND HAD 2 EGGS AND SOME BACON. I HAVE STUCK SO FAITHFULLY THIS WEEK. COUNTING EVERY CARB. EVEN MY SUGAR FREE GUM.
OK BY NEXT SUNDAY I WANT TO LOSE ANOTHER 3 THEN I MAY BE HAPPY. ARE YOU GUYS SICK OF LISTENING TO ME?
HEY WHAT ARE FRIENDS FOR?
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 08:19

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Angry HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm back at 185 this morning

I spend just one freaking week with DH and look what I let happen to me. I am SOOO DISCOURAGED. I worked so hard. I can't seem to drink the water I need, I've been forgetting to take my meds, and I'm eating carbs left right and centre. What happened to me? (having a pitty party here).

I would do Atkins this week but I don't have the book and have no clue what they tell you to do. I think I need to be strict for a while. I'm not getting closer to goal, and I'm afraid I've just set myself back for weeks.

Yesterday's meals:

BR: 1 coffee, 2 fried eggs with 4 pieces of LC bread (made egg sandwiches) with some butter and ketchup.

L: broccoli & cheese soup, chicken wings (4) some fries.

D: chicken fried rice (about 1 cup cooked), 3 chicken balls and 5 garlic spare ribs. Diet sparkling drink.

Didn't have any water. Went shopping around with cousins from Montreal over for a couple days. Have been in restaurants all week (during the evening) and have cheated a couple times during lunch

I was doing so well... I just don't know what happened. I wonder if it would be ok to do just NO carbs for one week. I wonder if it would help? (I also get alot of constipation so I need to get onto my Podiem)....
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 08:26

BF:
Default GRACIA

HEY JOSEE,
WHY DON'T YOU GO ON ATKINS INDUCTION FOR 2 WEEKS. IT IS STRICT. GO GET THE BOOK SOMETIME THIS WEEK, BUT UNTIL THEN GO ON THE WEBSITE AND CHECK IT OUT. I'VE BEEN EATING NO MORE THAN 20 CARBS A DAY. MOSTLY FROM VEGETABLES. YOU CAN HAVE 2 CUPS OF SALAD AND 1 CUP OF OTHER VEGGIES A DAY.

YOU HAVE TO COUNT ALL CARBS THOUGH. FROM YOUR SWEETNER AND CREAM(2-3 TBS.) TO YOUR EGGS AND EVERYTHING MUST NOT BE OVER 20.
IT'S NOT THAT HARD. I THINK I FIND IT A LITTLE EASIER BECAUSE I KNOW I JUST CAN'T HAVE CARBS INSTEAD OF HAVING TO DECIDE WHAT I WANT W/RM.

ONE MORE WEEK OF INDUCTION FOR ME, THEN I'LL ADD 5 MORE CARBS. YOU ADD 5 EACH WEEK.

YOU SEEM TO BE OVERLOADING ON THE CARBS. MAYBE IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY YOU'LL BE BETTER?

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ASK ME, I HAVE THE BOOK.
I BOUGHT THAT PSYLLIUM HUSK SEED FOR THE CONSTIPATION. JUST STARTED IT YESTERDAY. HOPE IT WORKS.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DECIDE.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 10:24

BF:
Default Josee

Josee, it will be okay!!!

Think about this.. did you have a good time with your friends/family going to restaurants and enjoying the sites? That's important too!! Sometimes you have to relax and enjoy yourself even if you're cheating somewhat. You can always jump right back on the wagon.

Let me also make a few suggestions for your meals.
Try cutting out the LC bread completely for breakfast and lunch. Remember to forget about counting carbs with Cad/Calp. Save all the carbs for your dinner.

Add an additional egg or some cheese with breakfast to help satisfy you. It won't be long before you won't miss the bread.

Look around for some recipe and meal ideas.. if you don't have any websites, let me know.. I have quite a few.

Last but certainly not least.. get that water in. It's so hard for me too.. but here's a few things that help me. I use a Brita water filter and have it on my counter instead of in my frig. I can drink WAY more water at room temperature than I can when it's cold. I also make sure I have water in my car and on my bedside table at all times so I can grab it and take a few gulps. I also drink sparkling water and seltzer that have flavors.. there are no carbs, calories or sugar in them. They're a nice change

We're all here for you to support you.. let us know what we can do to help and we'll do it!

Lisa
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 10:33

BF:
Default Hi and help

Josee, sometimes it's hard to stay on your plan, other times its not. Right now, you're in the sometimes part. It'll pass.

Cris, would you look at my journal please and tell me why I don't get a woosh? Probably cause I quit exercising, but I'm just trying to get the plan right first.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 11:48

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Default Thank you for your support.

Thanks to all of you for your support. I'm just feeling pretty low today. Decided today was my last cheat day (hubby leaving before dinner) and tomorrow start back on strict.

I will try to drink at least 2 bottles of water in AM and 2 in PM and then 2 more when I get home.

The problem with eating alot of salad is that I get sick of it. I mean it litterally makes me gag just thinking about it. I was eating alot of it in the beginning and made myself sick of eating it. I LOVE soups. Especially the ones with no pasta, and LOTS of veggies. Hearty ones. Thank God I'm a meat LOVER... or I'd be in DEEP trouble.

DH also bought me a bag of pork rinds. Those are so yummy.

I've printed off a bunch of LC recipes for myself and will try to make some of those this week. Will let you all know how they turn out.

Thanks for listening and being there. It means alot!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 13:45

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:
Default Hang in there Josee!

You're having a bad week. Sometimes this just isn't easy and you have to really take a deep breath and kind of start over. It seems sometimes like the carb addiction can just creep up on you out of nowhere. Remember that you also had some stress this week with your hubby's illness. Stress can really knock you for a loop! We're all cheering for you, though and I'm sure you'll be fine in a few days!!
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 19:05

BF:
Default HEY

HI, ME CHECKING IN.
HAD A GOOD DAY. STAYED AT ABOUT 20 CARBS. I REALLY WANT TO HAVE A NICE LOSS THIS WEEK. JUST GET A HEAD START OVER HERE. I'VE BEEN AROUND THE SAME WEIGHT SINCE JANUARY. NEVER LOST MUCH OF ANYTHING. THIS TIME I AM 100%. IF IT DOESN'T WORK NOW IT NEVER WILL. THE OTHER TIMES I WAS NEVER AS STRICT. NEVER DRANK THE WATER OR COUNTED EVERY CARB. ATE THE LOW CARB BARS A LOT.

SO TODAY:
B-2 EGGS,BACON, COFFEE,CREAM
L-CHEESE, CUPCAKE
D-3 HOT DOGS, CHEESE, SALAD W/BLEU CHEESE DRESSING

SF JELLO AS SNACK
COFFEE W/CREAM

I CAN'T BE BOTHERED COUNTING THE CALORIES OR USING THAT FITDAY.COM. MAYBE I SHOULD COUNT THE DAMN CALORIES. WHAT A PAIN IN THE ASS.

I WAS CUTTING COUPONS TODAY AND WHAT DID MY EYES SPOT IMMEDIATELY?? EDYS ICECREAM NOW COMES IN THE FLAVORS OF THE FREAKING GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. MINT,SAMOAS AND TAG ALONGS. WHAT I WOULDN'T GIVE TO HAVE THAT IN FRONT OF ME RIGHT NOW!

I GUESS I'LL SETTLE FOR THIS DELICIOUS ICE WATER. MMM MMM MMM. WHAT A TREAT!

OK GALS, TALK TO YOU TOMORROW! GOOD LUCK ALL!
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 21:16

BF:
Default Checkin

Brrrrrr.... what a COLD day!

Here goes:

B: Pancakes made from a recipe that I think I got here. They
were under 4 g carbs and were more like crepes than
pancakes. Ate them with butter. They were pretty good for
a change from eggs.

L: About 3 oz mozzerella cheese

D: Garlic chicken (cooked in our rotissere - YUM)
Spinach (1 cup cooked)
Salad/dressing
1/4 creamed corn

Water water everywhere and not a drop to spare!

Got a new omlette pan today! I'm gonna be making some killer omelettes now!! Also bought an egg coddler, can't wait until it comes in the mail!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-02, 23:04

BF:
Default check in

B - omelete
L - ongoing eating of leftover meats all day long
D - chef salad, with measured greens and didn't over do them.

Drank plenty of water, I do miss my huge salads. Will not miss my huge rear.