Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-08, 13:46

Plan: LC, HF, PP
Stats: 214/188.2/140 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

Hey!

Glad you guys got to have some fun in the snow - we're just snowed under here and we both have the flu :-(

I'm gonna try to do the 3 day M&E thing to ensure that I get my 2 pounds per week - I am really a slow loser and expect things to even out any time now. Also, it wasn't so bad last week, the only thing I *really* missed was sour cream! No onederland yet, but I'm within spitting distance, hoping for tomorrow...

I have been miserable this week at working out, dancing was it for me - so you're the winner in that regard for sure :-) :-)

So, do you have any "goal events" or timeframe type goals? I've got two weddings to go to this year, one in mid May, one in mid July. Also turning 35 in July (so weird!) which seems like some kind of milestone or something, I dunno. If I can keep going at my 2 pounds/10 per month, I'll be near goal by the end of the summer! I'm sure that there will be pitfalls, stalls and slow downs along the way though, and that's okay (has to be). Besides it gives me more time to think about maintenance, which really will be the hardest part for me.

Yuch, I hope I feel better tomorrow! Going for a massage with my mom this Friday, can't wait!
Chris
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-08, 00:59

Plan: atkins
Stats: 295/248/150 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 32%

oh man the flu sucks!!! i hope you start feeling better soon...maybe this could be a good thing for more weight loss tho?? it always works like a charm for me ;0)
so my goals are always to loose 10lbs a month and in october i MAY be going to egypt and would like to be under 200. if i keep it going at this rate i will make that goal. the next time my in-laws see me i want to be much thinner than b4. it's funny how i see people on here who are 170 or 180 and they think they are fat when i am DREAMING of being that size LOL.
i think your goals are def attainable to be honest. the key is sticking to plan and if you can do it i really don't see anything blocking you.
do does your dh do atkins with you? is he overweight/average or underweight? my dh doesn't need to diet at all and he eats whatever he wants...god i hate him!
i've been meaning to ask you...where do you find your spagetti squash at? i have checked marc's and giant eagle with no luck!
hope you are feeling better tomorrow...if not take the day off work ;0)
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-08, 06:06

BF:
Talking Monday

morning, girl!

Monday weigh in, I'm at 201. Net of 6 pounds from last week, but average for the month is 2 lbs per week :-) Maybe I can change that average this week, who knows.

Egypt, how totally awesome! Have you been there before? We're going to vegas this fall (my first time) and of course I'd LOVE to look fabulous, but we'll see. In any event, I'll be much lighter than I am now!

I know, it's so funny to listen to the people with 10-20 pounds to lose moan about how slow it's going. I'd probably chop a finger off my left hand to be within 20 pounds of goal! j/k of course.

Well, I'm hanging in here at work for now, may go home in the afternoon if things don't improve. Being sick really makes one think of comfort foods, but last night for dinner I had a bowl of totally from-scratch chicken/veg soup, and it totally hit the spot, even without crackers. I suspect I'll see a nice loss tomorrow since I didn't eat much yesterday...

Have a great day, post your stats and tell me, how many times did you work out? My total is a miserable ONCE...
Chris

PS. Oh yeah, Brian (my DH). He's about 5'7" and 133 - well he was before I started low carbing, he may be back to 125-ish. Yes, he can eat anything he wants, but he pretty much sticks to my diet, adding in some crackers, occasional biscuits and the like. I'm cool with that - I told him this weekend I have to figure out how to do 3 days of M&E without making HIM do it!!!

Last edited by vavcon : Mon, Mar-10-08 at 06:55.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-08, 06:08

BF:

Okay, dealing with an uptick in the old weight, need a little support. 202.2 today - I KNEW last week was too good to be true! Still, back on day 1 of M&E for the week...
GRRR
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-08, 11:29

BF:

oh sweetie im so sorry! maybe it was your body getting used to you adding back in veggies and condiments or eating more regularly?? i so know how you feel as this has happened to me many times. the best advice i can give you is probably working out a bit more bc i know when i do i don't get those fluctuations like that. i seems to be more of a steady weight loss instead of those jumps now. i hope you are feeling a bit better now and chris it WILL come off eventually...you are doing EVERYTHING right. is af coming?? that could be another factor...
im so jealous of your vegas trip....can i join you haha. i have never been b4 either!
so i weighed yesterday, but was extremely busy (sorry! i kept thinking of you all day) and am at 272 which is a 3lb weight loss. you won! woohoo! i worked out like 5-6 times (can't remember exactly but know it was at least 5). i didn't work out yesterday due to time constraints so today i will do it.
how are you doing otherwise? im doing me with you today i need to be down to 255 by the 25th so it looks like i will have to do a few days of it
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-08, 11:48

BF:

Thanks for the optimisim! Yes, this is probably a sign I should really start working out. Every week, sooner or later I get the bounce up. And then it bounces down lower. It's hard to be patient sitting on the border of onederland. I ate such a huge salad last night, I'm probably retaining some water. Feeling good today though, waited until 1 to break fast, which is good for me when I'm at work (the weekends are no problem, I just don't get it). Drinking TONS of water today too. 255 by 3/25? Now *that's* a lofty goal! What do you eat on M&E days?
Chris
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-08, 13:24

BF:

i know...do you think it is unattainable?? my weighins with dh is on the 25th of every month (that is the date i started dieting) and my goals are always 10lbs a month. i think with me i should be able to accomplish it...we'll see i had that set back at my sister's shower so that is why im on a time crunch this month (i was busy reloosing weight).
so i have never even researched me and do my own version that i made up haha. just meat and egg and i due allow myself crystal light, mustard and mayo. no pop, dairy, veggies, flax or nuts. oh and i do eat deli meat. i really hate eating this way bc i enjoy my salads/veggies and flaxmeal muffins almost daily. what is your staple? i also don't fast so i will be curious who looses faster...do you want to weigh in tomorrow as well? just to see if the fasting makes much of a difference.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-08, 13:50

BF:

Sure, I weigh daily anyhow so I can post stats. Earlier today I read you said you were at 272, that's why I was questioning 255 by 3/25 - maybe you meant 262????

My staple is meat or eggs and mayo. Either eggsalad or chickensalad, or eggchickensalad, sometimes throw in a little bacon. I miss the veggies, but also the sour cream! I have two cups of coffe with about 1 TB of cream each day as well, even on M&E. I've never eaten a flax muffin - but even though I found the oopsies delightful, when I make them, most of them get moldy in the fridge. Makes no sense to me as I'm a total starch-fiend (oh, but oopsies have no starch!). My vice is the alcohol, which also slows losing. I really like dry red wine and vodka martinis. Ah well, we each have our issues. yes, let's weigh daily this week, that way we can see the fluctuations for what they are - TEMPORARY!!!
Chris
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Mar-11-08, 23:56

BF:

so i was thinking about weighing in tomorrow and just remembered i didn't weigh myself today, so it's not going to be an accurate number bc it will include tuesday as well!! duhh! so anyway i will still weigh in, but let's do another weigh in the following day as well so we can see the difference in number between our me
oh and btw i am 262, NOT 272 thank god...i never want to see that number in my life again!
have fun at work tomorrow!!!
  #55   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-08, 06:19

BF:

Okay, that clears up my confusion! 200.4 today, ate clean yesterday but had some red wine, grrr... Water not wine tonite, pork roast for dinner and tomorrow....pleasepleaseplease ONEDERLAND!!!! I hope I'm not jinxing myself :-)
  #56   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-08, 09:30

BF:

im weighing in at 261 so a 1lb loss!!! i think i could have done a bit better w/o all that deli meat and bacon yesterday, but oh well. im really not an egg person at all which makes this harder. wtg on your loss!!
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-08, 11:51

BF:

Awesome, congratulations!!!! When I was allergic to eggs (earlier lowcarb attempts) things were very difficult. Now I love 'em :-)
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-08, 15:44

BF:

well i was really craving something sweet and i gave in to my sweet tooth!!! i had some ricotta w/ cocoa powder and sf davinci syrup and a diet pop....SORRY!! i HATE, i mean hate with a passion me and am not very good at it as you can see. i'll still weigh in tomorrow with you though and i plan on following me for the rest of the night so we will see. i was originally only going to do it for 2 days, but since i had that treat im going to do it again tomorrow...are you doing it as well?
where do you find your spagetti squash btw?
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-08, 15:47

BF:

Hey, no apologies, seriously! Sounds like you did a very good thing with a legal treat, and good for you. Yep, I'm on for tomorrow (and until dinner Friday, not sure if that counts or not), and weigh whenever you like! I do it every day (can't help it) but it sounds like maybe once per week works better for you, so either way is cool with me. Wish me luck, going OUT to dinner with my dad, that will be fun. "Waiter, bring me a steak with no sides and no topping. Thanks"
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-08, 23:15

BF:

im loling over here about the steak with um...nothing hahahahah. the waiter prolly will look at you like you are crazy. if your going somewhere casual you can get steak and eggs.
so i had to use the rest of the cauliflower bc it was going bad so i made the pizza i had a little tiny taste of it and it is GOOD. i was quite surprised. im doing me tomorrow so i will eat it the following day. im really getting concerned with meeting my deadline...do you think 255 by the 25th is attainable? the thing is my dh will impregnate me if i don't. he REALLY wants another baby and i told him i want to knock some of this weight off me first and he said ok as long as i am loosing 10lbs a month. he said if i slip up then we will start ttc again and i DON'T want to do that right now. i mean i really want another one too, but it's just not healthy to conceive at the weight i am at, kwim? i go on the 20th to my gynecologist to see about birth control...keep dh away from me hahah.
so i was thinking it would be fun to meet up sometime...