Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-08, 09:04
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

This is very interesting to me. I was under the impression that because you denied the body of carbs it changes its metabolic process to burning fat ( first from the liver store etc) and was in a ketogenic state. Doing that allowed for increased calories and not interfering with the loss.
I am doing a higher fat and low calorie/very low carb diet now. I always did better on the older Atkins program that was much higher fat. Reading your post made me realize that I have gotten to basically this type of thinking as well and am glad to see I am not crazy.
Do you not eat any vegetables? That had been a problem for me in the past. I gained when I ate them. I am not usually hungry but try to have an egg or few bites of meat every several hours to keep the fires burning. What are your opinions?
Cricket56
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-08, 09:20
Registered Member

Plan: very high fat diet
Stats: 185/185/185 Male 6'3"
BF:
Progress:

well i never "snack" anymore, i eat once or twice a day about 1000 calories per meal (im wildly guessing here), but i know its at least 800 calories per meal (im going to point out my life is veeeery sedentary so my calories burned per day are not relevant to you possibly, but most people underestimate how much work it takes to burn off 2000 calories)

works better for me because your body has more rest from digestion, try eating 5 times a day and then eating 2 times a day, you should see a huge difference in how tired you are by the end of the day, taken to the extreme not eating anything for the entire day you'll turn into the energizer bunny by eveningtime

my meal spacing is very very different day to day, i lead a very sedentary life so i dont burn alot of calories so me giving you advice on how often to eat is actually not the best way to go, i guess all i can suggest is eat more and less often, but dont repress yourself if your obviously hungry

and no, i havent had a fruit or vegetable in over a year, however when my roommate makes meatballs he cuts up half an onion into the ground beef, so i guess TECHNICALLY ive had some onion, but those meatballs are really.. really good

ive hated vegetables my whole life, for most people eating vegetables has to be drilled into them by their parents whether they choose to admit that or not

obviously fruit is liked by most people being as it is almost pure sugar

hope that helped
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-08, 17:48
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi classic86. I used to go on one meal a day. It did my GI system in,and didn't help the loss. I also am not as actie as I was. I had worked 6-7 days a week running from one patient emergency to another all over the county. If I had ever eaten more than 1500 cal in one day I would explode.I find myself comfortable with under 500 but try to get to 800 at least. Breakfast is 2 fried eggs in butter and water 6-9AM. lunch is litterally a bit of a piece of meat..maybe a couple of ounces of chicken or pork 1-2PM. If I can I take a bite of it about 11am I do,and eat dinner at hopefully 6-8 depending upon when hubsband's sched. and that is a smlall piece of meet or fish.I actually do enjoy vegetables but severely limit them. I had 2gms of iceburg lettuce yesterday and 3gms of brussels sprouts tonight with a piece of pork shoulder. I am still full an hour later.
I drink a lake full of water a day. I have tons of energy but don't have the ability to run it off. It never mattered how I ate as to the energy level. Today I had some sour cream with DaVinci caramel SF syrup for a snack. I rarely do that. I don't have a sweet tooth and never snacked either. I don't think of having a bite of protein snacking, but that is up to the interpretation. I've lost 1.5 pounds in 2 days eating like this. I had been at a stand still or bounced up for 1-2 lbs with every loss of ounces before it came back down.
Bottom line is that we found what is comfortable for our bodies and feel good effects from what we do {:-)
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-08, 19:48

Plan: Custom low-carb
Stats: 240/188/140 Female 168 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

I couldn't eat that much fat. I guess I'm still fighting the brainwashing. Anyway, the attitude of the original poster to debate doesn't make me side with him either >.<
I love vegetable and I love milk, giving them up has been hard and I don't actually like the taste and texture of meat *sigh*. I'd gag if I had to eat suet or really greasy bacon.