Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-08, 12:32

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penweary
algts, I feel for you. I can't imagine how I am going to feel when I have to return to work after the baby is here.
Thanks, Penny!

My starting weight is the one that I had when I first started low-carb for the second time in late 2006. It was my highest non-pregnant weight. I might try the scale I thought the kids broke and see what it indicates...

I can't believe I am starting back at work March 9th.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-08, 17:31
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Wow, it's hard to believe how fast time goes, isn't it? I knew I'd need January is my "maternity leave" but now I'm more than halfway through February and still struggling to add back in business work with everything else going on.

Thanks algts and Penny for the tips and sympathy on my wrists/forearms. I am definitely being more careful about what I lift (I'm so used to being able to hoist anything) and I'm also making use of heat and ice depending on the situation. I'm going to have Jeff help a bit by massaging as well. I'll be talking to my chiro tomorrow about what else I can do.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-08, 11:58
Registered Member

Plan: Getting back on Atkins
Stats: 185.5/185.5/150 Female 63 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

Lisa - my little one is 5 month old...I put a more recent picture up on my profile of her I believe. She weighed in at 13-1/4 lbs and right at 25 inches as of the 14th. She's getting better at her baby pushups/swimming when I put her down for tummy time. I'm looking forward to her getting the back end and the front end in motion at the same time. Lord help me when she does though...she'll be off like a shot. I already have to watch her when she's sitting on my lap. She lurches forward suddenly like she thinks she can walk already.

I got her a broken computer keyboard from work to bang away on while she's sitting on our laps at the computer. She gets ticked off if you're typing and won't let her too.
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-08, 12:26
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst27
I got her a broken computer keyboard from work to bang away on while she's sitting on our laps at the computer. She gets ticked off if you're typing and won't let her too.
ROFLMAO

She sounds like my kinda gal! I think Ian, the way he's pushing off with his feet, will also be very active once he can push his heavy head up off the ground and coordinate his efforts! Good thinking about the keyboard (making note so computer guy hubby will keep an old keyboard around).
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-08, 22:02

Plan: Knocked up
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 173%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst27

What a great idea!!
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 10:23
Taking MY Turn

BF:

My little man just yesterday morning...7 weeks old today!

#97   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 10:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/136/120 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penweary
What a great idea!!

My 22 month old has his own keyboard too. Much easier than batting away little fingers every 3 seconds.

He has his own Playstation controller too-he has no idea that he's not the one who is actually playing. Monster trucks were on TV on day and he thought he was controlling them with his controller too-he was even making little faces and noises as he was pushing the buttons, it was cute.

Great picture Lisa!
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 10:41
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisymaiz
My 22 month old has his own keyboard too. Much easier than batting away little fingers every 3 seconds.

He has his own Playstation controller too-he has no idea that he's not the one who is actually playing. Monster trucks were on TV on day and he thought he was controlling them with his controller too-he was even making little faces and noises as he was pushing the buttons, it was cute.

Great picture Lisa!

OMG how adorable is THAT???? Take a picture!! LOL
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 11:27

Plan: why do you want to know?
Stats: 180/135/150 Female 67"
BF:??
Progress: 150%

hi girls. just popping by, I put some 6 week pics of Max in my journal if you want to take a peek. feeding him now, so typing 1 handed
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 11:28

Plan: why do you want to know?
Stats: 180/135/150 Female 67"
BF:??
Progress: 150%

did I tell you that already? can't remember....
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 11:54

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz8605
OMG how adorable is THAT???? Take a picture!! LOL

I tried-every time he hears or sees the camera he tries to get it. I have a lot of pictures of him reaching his arm toward me, with a devilish grin.
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 15:24
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu03
hi girls. just popping by, I put some 6 week pics of Max in my journal if you want to take a peek. feeding him now, so typing 1 handed

I know how THAT is! The one-handed typing while you hold a wriggling baby in the other hand and hope you don't lose a pacifier under your chair. LOL

Thanks for letting us know about the pics...I don't have a lot of time for posting and updating now, so it's always good to get the heads up.
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-08, 18:05

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi everyone! I think I will have to use one of our extra keyboards when Alicia is grabbing. The others are already computer "experts," lol. We have too many of them (pc's) here, that's for sure.

I am feeling very overloaded with all of my responsibilities and no help except dh who is gone 12 hours a day. Sigh, other than that, it is sunny but cool here. It is very pretty and a nice break from the usual rain. I sure would like to do some work outside, but all the inside stuff has me plenty busy.

We need a new frig! Two of my bins have broken and I don't have enough room for the fresh fruits and vegetables we need to store. Do any of you have a side-by-side? We can't afford one right now is the problem.

Hope everyone is doing well.
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-08, 08:31

Plan: Knocked up
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 173%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisymaiz

Great picture Lisa!

Aren't they adorable when they do that stuff. I just love it!!
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-08, 11:20

BF:

Algts, I am overloaded too. I can't even put it into words.... It will get better though.