Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 06:25
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

I just realized I have not weighed myself in a couple of days- very unusual for me. Interesting.
Had a steak last night with cabbage and plantans for carb- I never made them before and they were good.
Tonight I'm going out with friends for a burger and a beer. I will also get a salad and tell them no fries. I have not ordered fries since starting CALP- and I don't miss them at all. For my CM lunch I will have tuna with celery and a salad. I use Duke's mayo with no sugar.

The hair removal didn't hurt. They can do it at different powers and I guess it was low. This place had a package deal so it was all included, and it was 50% off if you did more than one. It was something I really wanted to do (I hate shaving) but would not spend the $ on myself. So it was a great reward.

You did a smart thing with the pizza. That still surprises me- how I don't care for pizza that much. It is very unsatisfying for RM. I have it maybe a couple of times a year and one slice is my carb.I get a big chicken cesar salad if we are out. I had pizza at home for like the first time in ages 4 weeks ago, and I had salad and chicken with the slice.

My friend and I took a walk and talked. She is going to really try to give CALP a chance, but is worried about the RM. She says she overcarbs and really eats too much. I suggested she try no sugar as an option at first (again) to see if that works to help her get a sense of control. When I first did CALP I had a sweet only once a week or so.

E
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-29-07, 15:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/285/175 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 33%

I keep thinking that things are going to settle down here and it's as busy as ever! I think most of my struggles were due to PMS/TOM because it's not as bad now. I normally don't have those kinds of problems but I'm thinking maybe menopause is one the way (one can hope!) and that's why things are screwy for me.

I have cleaned out my freezers so now I have a better idea of what we have for food. I told DH and DS that it's time to eat clean and healthy. They are all for it so there shouldn't be too many problems.

I'm going to try to get some cooking ahead done this week to make things easier. I'm making CAD style meals for DS, too. He's been having his "RM" at lunch and a lighter meal in the evenings now. Not strictly CM but close. I'm kind of easing him into it a little at a time! He wants to do it and this is the best way for him.

I don't normally do any kinds of rewards for goals but I'm planning on getting a new bike when I get to my final goal! First I need to determine exactly what that goal will be! But for now I'd just be happy to be losing again. It's been too long and it's time to get serious!
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-07, 06:55

Plan: CALP
Stats: 140/125/120 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Jimmy Moore is dissing this diet something awful. You may want to go and respond to his blog article and put him straight on a few things.

Go Eno! Look him up in google. I don't think I can post the link here.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-07, 15:10
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hi-
I went and looked at that, and it is the usual BS bout how it is a carb binge. Someone named Jennifer who has a couple of websites selling splenda desserts did a really good job refuting him. I have found it is not worth it to talk to someone who is not listening.

Weighed this am- 123. Don't know why, but that is my weight for the past week or so.

RM tonight: lamb burgers, sweet potato, cabbage, salad and soemthing else carby if I feel like it- I'll see. I am in a mood to make soups now that it is getting colder.
E
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Oct-30-07, 17:22

Plan: CALP
Stats: 226/164.5/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I wasn't hungry until late afternoon today, so only doing one CM for the day. So, CM was scrambled eggs and will have RM soon when DH gets home. We'll have salad then steak and onions. Might have a handful of pretzels for my carb.

Oh, I have a tuna question. I bought one of those ready-to-eat tuna packs and was very disappointed with the taste. Even after adding some mayo it was still gross. It was Chicken of the Sea brand. Has anyone tried some that they like?
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-07, 14:56

BF:

telany, can't help with your tuna question because I don't eat tuna or any other seafood...don't like it at all...

RM today was chicken breast with tropical mustard dip and sweet potato fries with some chocolate for dessert. Delicious!

I'm not going to be making the veggie/protein shakes any more. I was using spinach in it and it just doesn't agree with me. So I'll stick with protein shakes without the veggies in it. I really don't need the extra veggies because I get enough most of the time so I'm ok with it.

I've been doing light dinners of salads, soup or eggs and it's working great for me. I'll have to wait to see if the scale agrees with me on Monday! I only weigh once a week instead of doing the daily weighing and averaging.
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Oct-31-07, 18:59
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Very lousey RM tonight- Dh had gotten a chicken pot pie for dinner when he was first injured- and it has been in the freezer for a month. So that was dinner, with a salad and squash. Yuck. Like no chicken- not a good dinner for me. I didn't even buy candy this year- gave out packs of cookies. Didn't open one of those either- too much for me tonight. I had one piece of chocolate and feel gross.
Tomorrow is another day! I will have salmon, DH will have the rest of the chicken pot pie.

No plans yet for Friday, but on Saturday we are going out to a fancy restaurant for dinner with another couple. I will go way over my hour, but it will have salad, protein, veggies and lots of carbs- which means I will get dessert. It is my friend's 61st and my 51st birthday- yay!

about the tuna- I have not tried one of those packs yet. I have a couple in the pantry as an emergency food- guess I'll try it soon. I am also cleaning out the freezer and pantry. I have so much stuff that I forget and it gets old. So now I know what I have!
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-07, 15:57
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Just a few minutes to post- can't believe I haven't been here in November (LOL)!
Had a great dinner out on Saturday, but it was too much food. Had a good RM yesterday- 2 plain meatballs and sauce with 1/2 a roll , salad and green beans. Tonight I hae a coffee (translation- cake and coffee) meeting at 7pm. So for RM I am having chick fil a sndwich, coleslaw, salad and a slice of cake (I will scout out all the goodies first). Tomorrow I have a haircut in the afternoon, so I think I'll get a roasted chicken from the market.
how are you?
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-07, 20:25
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
went out with a friend for dinner instead - had a burger and a beer. I have been up a couple of pounds this week (too much eating out) and it will take 2-3 days of eating clean at home to be back down. When I came home tonight I knew I had leftover cookie bars in the fridge and I really wanted a cookie and a coffee. I know I really don't need it, so I came in here to post instead! And I'm watching the Carol Burnett special on PBS. I used to love that show- I watched when I was a kid. I bet I would like it now, too.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-07, 07:35

BF:

Hi Everyone! I've been coasting along, not really losing or gaining. I've got a lot going on right now and I'm content to maintain. I'm still getting a few bike rides every week although winter is on the way and I'll be lucky to get a few more before it snows.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-07, 07:49
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Hope the weather holds for you, Linda, and you can still bike.

I'm walking today- but probably this afternoon. Cold out now!

I just want to stay home tonight. I got a nice chuck roast and am going to make a pot roast tonight, maybe a fire in the fire place, cauliflower and a glass of wine. Sounds just right to me! I have a roasted chicken breast in the fridge too, so plenty of CM lunches set for the weekend and Monday. I'll finish it up for dinner on Monday too.
I have been looking at old videos a lot this week, and I see myself at my heaviest and it is like seeing another person. My DH saw a couple and said he couldn't believe how I looked then vs now. He said he never really noticed how I looked (big for me) and thinks of how I look now as normal. I have been a little sad thining of all the wasted years that I listened to the MDs and did low-fat and wish I had found this WOL sooner. Then I am thankful that I have had such a great 4 years and that I found it now. I never let my size stop me from doing anything, but .....
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Nov-10-07, 08:35
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enomarb
Hope the weather holds for you, Linda, and you can still bike.

I'm walking today- but probably this afternoon. Cold out now!

I just want to stay home tonight. I got a nice chuck roast and am going to make a pot roast tonight, maybe a fire in the fire place, cauliflower and a glass of wine. Sounds just right to me! I have a roasted chicken breast in the fridge too, so plenty of CM lunches set for the weekend and Monday. I'll finish it up for dinner on Monday too.
I have been looking at old videos a lot this week, and I see myself at my heaviest and it is like seeing another person. My DH saw a couple and said he couldn't believe how I looked then vs now. He said he never really noticed how I looked (big for me) and thinks of how I look now as normal. I have been a little sad thining of all the wasted years that I listened to the MDs and did low-fat and wish I had found this WOL sooner. Then I am thankful that I have had such a great 4 years and that I found it now. I never let my size stop me from doing anything, but .....
I know...sigh!!!
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-07, 08:57

BF:

Eno, I know what you mean about all the wasted years with low fat! That's how I got so big! I originally only needed to lose 25-30 lbs. back in the mid 80's. I had quit smoking and gained a little. I was given the "new" lowfat guidelines and the "new" food pyramid to follow! I gained the equivalent of a whole person! Not only that but was told time and again that I must be cheating! So I gave up for many years.

I was so glad when I found CAD. Wish I would have stuck with it when I was having success with it back then. It was before they were on Oprah and I was doing quite well. I let life interfere and spent several years bouncing between CAD, general low carb and nothing.

I've been back to CAD for over a year now, not having the success I'd like but right now I'm content to just maintain for a while.

This has been a busy, crazy year for us and I'm hoping things will settle down some so that I can concentrate better on losing again.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-07, 18:04
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

Linda-
looking at your stats you havae lost a lot of weight already! There is some very interesting research that talks about the health benefits of losing only 10% of your body weight- and you lost more than that (like double!). Google it and see- really good benefits. I really believe that being on CALP is just so good for me, and I feel so good eating this way, that the weight loss was just another benefit. I know life gets in the way and things happen- just have to do the best we can.
I had lunch today with two very overweight friends- they ordered a 'healthy' lowfat pizza. I got a chicken cesar salad with the salad chopped and the chicken grilled on top- and they both looked at it and said now good it looked. I told them it was good, thanks, and that was the end of the food discussion. It is hard not to get on a soapbox and beg them to try this.

RM: Chicken breast, cauliflower, salad, 1/2 roll w/butter, 1/2 slice of walnut cake.(Just for those interested- DH had the same, with a bottle of hard apple cider, a whole piece of cake, and a side dish of grains instead of the cauliflower.)

E
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Nov-12-07, 11:39

BF:

Eno, doesn't make you feel good to eat a delicious meal knowing it's ok?! I could never ever go back to low fat! I always felt awful eating that way. I was in a fog and I was so moody. I keep feeling like I need to apologize to my family for wasting all those years! They do understand!

The amount of weight that I've lost is good but it's been over a period of several years. Not complaining because I do know the benefits. I've been playing with the same couple of pounds since spring now.

I do know (or at least suspect) where my issues are but at this time I'm not willing to make the changes, I guess. I'm up a little from spring due to antibiotics I was on and haven't lost that yet but as I said in my last post, I am going to work on maintaining right now because I know I can do that.

My RM today is going to be burger patty with sweet potato fries! Probably a salad to go with it, too. If not a salad, then some other veggies. And some chocolate for dessert. PMS is starting to rear it's ugly head! I'm too old for this! I'm anxiously awaiting menopause!
Closed Thread