Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 07:34

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Yay jess! 133!!! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. I'm sorry your not feeling so well, but at least you're being proactive and going to the doc.

I'm 142 today... argh... What happened to my 141??!! I ate well yesterday, so hopefully reward is on the way!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 08:37

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

What I would do to be at 133 again....soon enough I guess!

I'm down to 152.5 today, so atleast I am headed in the right direction.
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 09:37

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

I've never been 133, ever. Maybe as a child... 135 was always my ultimate goal, and I never seemed to be able to get past 141. Now I'd kill for 141! I'll get back there eventually, I just need to mentally check-in and DO THIS already!

Today was supposed to be my weigh-in. I forgot. Darnit! I hardly ate anything for dinner last night, so I'm sure it would've been a good one. I don't really want to tomorrow because we're supposed to have sushi for dinner.

I've decided to go back on strict Induction next week, since I'm throwing a Halloween party on the 27th and want my costume to fit perfectly. At least now I have a reason to really stay on plan.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 10:06

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC-Laur
I've never been 133, ever. Maybe as a child... 135 was always my ultimate goal, and I never seemed to be able to get past 141. Now I'd kill for 141! I'll get back there eventually, I just need to mentally check-in and DO THIS already!

Today was supposed to be my weigh-in. I forgot. Darnit! I hardly ate anything for dinner last night, so I'm sure it would've been a good one. I don't really want to tomorrow because we're supposed to have sushi for dinner.

I've decided to go back on strict Induction next week, since I'm throwing a Halloween party on the 27th and want my costume to fit perfectly. At least now I have a reason to really stay on plan.

You're 5'8 though! 141 would be great for your height! And I will not ever take zoloft. my friend took it and gained a good 20-30 lbs. I used to take celexa and paxil (at different times) I was heavier then so i dont know if it made me gain or if i was just eating a lot. I was 148-150 then, right before I got pregnant with Brendon.
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 10:07

BF:

Jess-Paxil has a high rate of weight gain with it. The two that I know of that don't are Celexa and Wellbutrin. Good luck!
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 10:27

Stats: 175/167.7/139 Female 5'6''
BF:
Progress: 20%

i was on effexor for a long time and I lost weight with diet and exercise. Anyways, jess, I know what your going through. I went off my anti depressents about 5 months ago and in the beginning it was really rough. I've noticed now that sugar makes me depressed. Also, if i don't do some exercise that day I feel depressed too. So if you get a chance to go for a walk or a run or to the gym i would definitely recommend it.
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 12:22

BF:

I'm with Katie-I got off of Lexapro 1 week ago (because of the weight gain) and I knew that the only way I could handle it (I have pretty bad anxiety) was if I exercised daily, ate very, very healthy and no longer stressed about my weight! I knew the weight would come off because the sugar and bad food truly does do something to your body...its all those chemicals!
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 12:24

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutaylor
Jess-Paxil has a high rate of weight gain with it. The two that I know of that don't are Celexa and Wellbutrin. Good luck!

maybe thats why I was 150 when I was taking it. hmm.
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 12:38

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieAZ
I've noticed now that sugar makes me depressed.

Me too!! Also, if I have more than a few drinks I'm totally bummed out the next day... I guess that's why they say it's a depressant.

Exercise helps A LOT! When I'm in my normal routine and working out at least 3x/week I feel great. I've been in more the 1-2/week range for a few weeks now and I just don't think that's cutting it. Plus, it's starting to get cold and dark out earlier, and that's what really triggers me. I'm actually thinking about seeing if my boss will let me switch my work schedule to come in at 7 a.m. and leave at 3:30 p.m. instead of 4:30 p.m. That way I'll actually get to see the sun for an hour this winter! If you're like me and get the winter blues, I find tanning once or twice a week really helps. I don't like to tan, but if I get into a bad slump I go anyway just to perk myself up.

And dh wonders why I want to live on a tropical beach somewhere...
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 12:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158/146.8/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

my younger sister went on wellbutrin and she dropped a TON of weight. apparently it also helps to suppress appetite...

i've been totally cravinf fried chicken lately. and i'm falling off the workout wagon. help! if i want to be anywhere near goal by the time i get to jordan i need to find some motivation quickly!
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 14:27

Plan: General LC, Paleo
Stats: 156/156/137 Female 5'8.5''
BF:37%/30.0%/20%
Progress: 0%

I sooo hear you kjs, just at this very moment and also the whole day I have been craving ANYTHING, sweets, other stuff like crazy!! ARGH!
And the vodka I just had doesn't make it easier. At least I can go to bed soon, it's 10:25 pm already.
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 14:27

BF:

Does chamomile tea have something in it to give you energy? I drank two big cups today and got a major rush... but it was decaf... HMM.
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 19:47

Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Ever have those days that no matter how well you've eaten, you still feel fat and gross? (And I don't have TOM) Today is one of those days for me... I didn't drop anymore weight today and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to lose by the morning! Grrr... I hate this feeling!
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Oct-18-07, 22:45

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158/146.8/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

well ladies - it looks like we are all in a slump. any suggestions on how to get out of it?

i did a good workout today (glad i started again) - then i made myself a HUGE platter of bacon and ate nearly the whole thing. i'm also starting TOM early, which is bizarre for me....i guess my whole system is messed up and making it tough to lose weight.

holly - i completely feel you. but don't give up! sticking to plan during times like it is what gives whooshes!
  #90   ^
Old Fri, Oct-19-07, 05:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyRF
Ever have those days that no matter how well you've eaten, you still feel fat and gross? (And I don't have TOM) Today is one of those days for me... I didn't drop anymore weight today and I'm pretty sure I'm not going to lose by the morning! Grrr... I hate this feeling!

Yes - I'm up today and did well yesterday. it sucks.
Closed Thread