Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 09:59

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 163.4/154.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 66%

That was exactly what I was talking about Jess! I am sick of crying and whining about only having one pair of pants that fit and about how my newlywed sex life stinks because I feel so fat (sorry, TMI) and how it has made DH and I distant because I don't even want him to look at me....this is embarrassing to write. And how, I am letting this weight control my life, but at the end of the day, how hard have I tried to get back to my normal weight so I can go on with my "normal" life....

I am re-gaining control now, no more whining or crying unless I am actually doing something about it and it's not working!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 10:30

Plan: General LC, Paleo
Stats: 156/156/137 Female 5'8.5''
BF:37%/30.0%/20%
Progress: 0%

Brie, you can totally do that! Get rid of all the bad food, you already stocked up on good food, you are determined to do this and have a supporting husband, what could go wrong?
Nothing! You go!
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 11:11

BF:

Well, I just went to Target to buy some new dress pants...I have a job fair on Friday and I had to look nice......and thank goodness they are only a size 10. I was actually wondering if I needed a size 14....so my mind may be a little warped.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 13:27

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 170/166.5/150 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Oh boy... Octoberfests... White Russians.... What did I walk in on here? I haven't had a White Russian in probably three years! Now that little seed has been planted in my head. D'oh!

Got in a kick ass workout last night and have been 100% low-carb today. Woo! I haven't had a day like this in weeks... Plus, my workout popped my neck back in place, so my week-long headache is gone! Yippie.

Now... If only it were 4:30. Boo work! Booooo!!!!
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 13:40

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

Yea, boo work, my afternoon headache has arrived with still an hour and 20 min left of work.

BOOOO! is it friday yet??
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 13:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/204.5/160 Female 5'2
BF:Too Much
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutaylor
That was exactly what I was talking about Jess! I am sick of crying and whining about only having one pair of pants that fit and about how my newlywed sex life stinks because I feel so fat (sorry, TMI) and how it has made DH and I distant because I don't even want him to look at me....this is embarrassing to write. And how, I am letting this weight control my life, but at the end of the day, how hard have I tried to get back to my normal weight so I can go on with my "normal" life....

I am re-gaining control now, no more whining or crying unless I am actually doing something about it and it's not working!

You can do this ! I have also allowed my body to get out of control and it does effect ones sex life and even marriage. You deserve a healthier "you" and your DH does also. Let's do this together, for us, and the wonderful men that are in our lives !
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 13:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/204.5/160 Female 5'2
BF:Too Much
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutaylor
Well, I just went to Target to buy some new dress pants...I have a job fair on Friday and I had to look nice......and thank goodness they are only a size 10. I was actually wondering if I needed a size 14....so my mind may be a little warped.

Good for you. A 10 isn't all that bad .
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 14:09

BF:

wedding planning is beyond overwhelming. I try to do it but then keep putting things off because it is just so damn stressful. I don't know how I'm going to get through this!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 15:01

BF:

Godsbelove and Jess-Thanks!

Jess-Since I just planned my wedding, I definetly understand where you are coming from. But, my advice would to just decide where you want to get married and reserve the location. Once you have that, you will have plenty of time to look at caterers, florists, DJs, etc. You will love the final product of your hard work!

Brie
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 15:41

BF:

Thanks Brie. I'm having a hard time picking a place. We love the idea of being married outside but I am so scared it will rain.

Then there is Raystown Lake which is beautiful with an outdoor wedding chapel but it is 2 hrs away from us and 3 hrs from his family. We dont have the money to spend on people staying over in hotels. I'm trying to plan this on a budget, and it's stressful.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 15:46

BF:

I was the same way, budget, budget, budget.

I don't think that you are expected to pay for guests if they stay in a hotel are you? Can you get a good group discount there?

Is there anyway that you could set up a tent outside, just in case it does rain? Are there any months there that it is highly unlikely that it will rain (dry months)?
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 16:06

BF:

October is one of the dryer months here in PA, but rain could still happen, it's already rained this month.

I'm clueless about all of this wedding planning stuff. We bought a wedding planner book that we can do all our planning in, and it's so overwhelming. I'm horrible at making decisions in the first place, so it's even worse for someone like me. I'm just worried about money the most. We made a preliminary guest list and it's around 115 but I know we are missing some people. I don't know if this is realistic on our income. I wonder if banks give wedding loans.
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 17:51

Plan: atkins
Stats: 158/146.8/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

hey ladies-

sorry i'm no help with the wedding planning, but i'm sure that you will get through it jess!

i'm stoked because i've been 140 for the past couple of days!!! partly because of stress (and also having absolutely no low carb foods available) i've harly eaten...so i'm starving and really looking forward to roast chicken tonight!

i've been keeping up with the workouts too, and am planning on taking duke for a run in the rain this evening...its pretty warm here in cali even with the rain, so i'm not worried about getting sick.

i just want to be in a good place physically, and i feel like i'm getting there...but i wish that it automatically gave me mental clarity too, you know? thank goodness the day is almost over! i'm ready for a break
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 20:12

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/142/125 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi everyone!!

I don't have anything to contribute to the wedding conversation.... since there is not a wedding in my near future.... but as for the white russians I can relate. White russians aren't my thing. It is the champagne that kills me. BUT last weekend, I managed to make it the entire weekend w/o one sugary drink and I hope to keep it that way.

Today I was completely cheat free and low carb YAY. Now I'm going to bed to avoid eating some of the really yummy looking halloween cookies sitting on my counter right now......

love, hartley
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Oct-16-07, 20:22

BF:

Jess-My reception cost around $9000, but that was with a signature drink, a whole open bar, apps, 2 meat meal, and 4 kinds of cake, and a chocolate fountain! This was for 150 people.

You can do these things on a low, low budget and they can still turn out great.

For example, have a grocery store cater the food and do heavy appetizers. That should be under $1000. My flowers cost $75. I bought the vases from Hobby Lobby when they were on sale and they were each under $1. Go to WalMart and buy invitations that you can make yourself...I really screwed up here. I paid around $500...and could have done them for around $70 at WalMart and they would have been very close in quality. There are tons and tons of ways to cut corners on costs here and you could have a fabulous, and I mean fabulous wedding for around $3000. Just start looking for your dress...as soon as you find one around $100-buy it! Make your veil! I made my veil for $20 and it was a $200 veil at David Bridal (but it was a 9 foot cathedral). If you have any questions, just ask, this is all still pretty fresh in my mind...it's amazing, I got married 5 months ago and my reception was only 4 months ago!
Closed Thread