Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-07, 02:37

Plan: General LC, Paleo
Stats: 156/156/137 Female 5'8.5''
BF:37%/30.0%/20%
Progress: 0%

Where is everybody today! I hope busy working out, having fun and eating good!

Last edited by mone : Sun, Oct-14-07 at 10:41.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-07, 15:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/204.5/160 Female 5'2
BF:Too Much
Progress: 22%

Good Evening !

I joined you ladies on the old thread and many may not have seen my introduction. So here goes..............I'm 28 years old, and I've been on the yo-yoing journey for most of my adult life. I'm finally ready to make some serious changes in my life and my health is one of them. Sure I will look good in my old clothing and feel good in my skin again, but my health is #1 priority at the moment !

So I'll be starting a clean Induction tomorrow and I plan to move up the carb ladder as Dr. Atkins instructs us to do.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-07, 17:46

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

I went for an 8 mile hike today at Rickett's Glen! It took us 4 hours. Some of the trails were really difficult and very steep.

I will post pics SOON!

TOM started and I weighed in at 136 this morning.
I had cornbread and chili after hiking and all I had before that was some peanuts while hiking.

LOTS of water this week!!!
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-07, 19:02

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/142/125 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi girls!!

Yuck. I went to this work meeting and I ate 2 pieces of pizza and a mini piece of chocolate at like 4:30 p.m. The worst part was that i wasn't even hungry. and now I literally feel SICK.

the weird part is, I used to feel guilty when I ate pizza b/c it was "bad" and had a million calories..... now I don't feel guilty.... but after doing low carb, I realize that this really starchy food actually makes me feel bloated and gross.

So, even though I definitely veered off my diet today, I guess I am learning how my body reacts to certain foods. Pizza is not my friend. haha

anyway, I am rambling. Hope you all are doing better than I am! early day tomorrow.... so I am off to bed soon.

xoxoxo
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-07, 19:18

Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

hahah where is everyone i am so drunk rigjht niow.... alll day yesterday i resistie high carb crap while ailhgaiting and for some reason today i decided i wanted bad barc food... tototalllly cheated...i am watestwed right not omg... i prolly took 30 min to try and wrtie this post... i atre everything in the world... loved it yes but i feeeeeel like crap now this monday work weeek is gonna suck! ewww i hate ffeeeeling like this ps--- dont cheat yyou feel groosss alll day and bloateddddd!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Oct-14-07, 19:19

Stats: 92/112/120 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 71%

haha ythat is my note to self i havent ate yet tofay(fast day) but i am thinking about what i want to eat..... not a good ide
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 01:03

Hihi, Mallory, I only got half of what you wrote Hope you don't feel bad in the morning!

Hartley, for me it was also only until I ate lc that I noticed the huge impact of food on the body! But I think it's a good sign, b/c you are supposed to hear what your body says, no? And now it gives pretty clear instructions

Jess, I'd love to go hiking again! I envy you so much that you have all those Glens and Hills around Please post pictures! Oh, and how do you feel about your hair? Are you more happy about them as you were when you cut them?

Again Hi godsbelove! Good luck for you! But you seem pretty determined, I don't doubt you will make it!

Today the ketostix showed only traces after the 15 seconds waiting, and turned a bit darker afterwards. I find that strange, I don't think I ate something forbidden yesterday, the only thing I can think of is that I might have had too much veggies? Today I will try to eat (almost) only protein for dinner, so that all carbs are burned before I go to bed.

A new week ladies! Have fun!
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 01:13

Oh, and I wanted to ask, does any of you girls watch Gossip Girl? I am so addicted, although maybe I'm already a bit old for it

I think the girls are too thin, but they nevertheless look fabulous, and I find it motivating for me...

I got the idea because hartley wrote xoxoxo under her post, which instantly reminded my of the narrator gossip girl....

Ok, that's it
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 06:35

I just bought a pair of jeans that I also bought last week, only one size smaller. I currently have a tight size 40 (US 10), and the new pair is size 38 (8).
I hope it will fit soon!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 06:53

BF:

I'm at work right now but working on posting the pics today. I had to resize all of them because they were really high quality, so they aren't as great now but will take less time to upload.

I'm back down to 134.8 and on TOM so WOOHOO!
maybe we'll do another 8 mile hike next sunday!...or more!
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 07:14

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hey everyone! I'm 141.5 today! I'm not sure why because I ate a dean & deluca oversized cookie yesterday, but... I'll take it anyway! ha, ha. In my defense, I did exercise afterward, so maybe I took care of it before it had a chance to stick!

Great job Jess on the hike! That's awesome! Keep up the good work! I knew you'd get past your stall!

Mone! I hope you get into your new size soon! I bought an awesome pair of courduroy pants from J.Crew Saturday. They're a size 10, and the guy in the dressing room kept trying to push a size 8 on me... That felt nice!

Mallory... Are you trying to one-up my drunk post from this weekend?

Anyway, here's to a great Monday everyone! And for once, I don't have to be in extra early today!!! yay!
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 07:25

BF:

Awesome Holly

however, 134 is where I stall, so not past that yet, not even to 134 yet. But we'll see how this week goes.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 08:09

BF:

Okay all my hiking pics are uploaded to my myspace.

www.myspace.com/sweetupanddown

if you cant view them let me know. I'm also uploading them to webshots.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 08:22

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hey Jess! great pics! I just added you as a friend on myspace, too, BTW
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Oct-15-07, 08:26

Stats: 158/146.8/130 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 40%

hey ladies -

this weekend was CRAZY. i ate on plan, just not a lot of food and at really random hours of the day... and i was completely drunk on saturday night - red wine and champagne...

the best part is that on sunday, i weighed in at 142!!!!!!!!! so i guess the drinking couldn't have been that bad! (i'm a bit worried that it was all just from dehydration though...i guess we will find out if its real or not in a couple of days)

the other thing is that i rode horses: 6 hours on saturday, 4 on sunday. its great to be riding again, but my legs are killing me. its the ultimate butt/inner thigh workout.

happy monday everyone: lets have a clean week!
Closed Thread