Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-07, 15:24
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Here is a recipe for Boursin my husband uses. It's excellent and cheap to make. Enjoy!

Lorimay, just had to stop back by here and tell you I tried this recipe, and it was delicious. I couldn't tell it from the Boursin I buy at Trader Joe's.

Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-07, 16:10

Plan: Atkins -- high fat
Stats: 172/154/136 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Sparkleg, when you made the mac & cheese, you followed the Dreamfields recipe, right? Did you substitute the same amount of Boursin as the amount the recipe called for in the other cheeses? Or just to replace the Fontina cheese, and still added the cheddar and parmesan?
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Oct-11-07, 16:33
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Just put on a pot of water to boil. Elbows and cheese for dinner tonight.

Kay
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-07, 10:11

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

When I answered this originally, I'd had three good experiences and three bad experiences with Dreamfields.

I've just done something really stupid -- eating Dreamfields with dinner six days in a row -- but it answers the question for me forever. Each day I gained one or two pounds. I ate very low carb all day (< 20 gms.) for six days and had Dreamfields with dinner. Four of the days I had rotini, then I switched to penne.

Since people's results are so mixed, and mine are too, I've concluded that they have poor quality control. They won't say what they're doing to prevent the absorption of carbs, but whatever it is, they're doing it inconsistently. Too bad because it's delicious and when it works correctly a LC diet is easier.

I'm never buying it again. And now I have another eight pounds to take back off.
  #65   ^
Old Sat, Dec-01-07, 09:40
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 176/148/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tish437
Sparkleg, when you made the mac & cheese, you followed the Dreamfields recipe, right? Did you substitute the same amount of Boursin as the amount the recipe called for in the other cheeses? Or just to replace the Fontina cheese, and still added the cheddar and parmesan?

I just replaced the Fontina cheese with the Boursin and added the other cheeses it called for. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-07, 11:52

Plan: Healthy moderate carb
Stats: 215/171/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
When I answered this originally, I'd had three good experiences and three bad experiences with Dreamfields.

I've just done something really stupid -- eating Dreamfields with dinner six days in a row -- but it answers the question for me forever. Each day I gained one or two pounds. I ate very low carb all day (< 20 gms.) for six days and had Dreamfields with dinner. Four of the days I had rotini, then I switched to penne.

Since people's results are so mixed, and mine are too, I've concluded that they have poor quality control. They won't say what they're doing to prevent the absorption of carbs, but whatever it is, they're doing it inconsistently. Too bad because it's delicious and when it works correctly a LC diet is easier.

I'm never buying it again. And now I have another eight pounds to take back off.

I don't think they have poor quality control at all and on their website and packaging they state inulin is added to their product. Here's a good link on inulin http://www.thedietchannel.com/Inuli...Unknowingly.htm. You simply look like you are overdoing it by eating it so much-everything in moderation. I know your plan isn't Atkins but in "Atkins For Life" it explains how to eat things like whole wheat pasta, low carb bread and brown rice. The key is moderation in your diet and not eating the higher carb foods like this everyday.
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Dec-02-07, 12:05
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

I've eaten it once while in ketosis. Had 2.5 ounces. Didn't ever get out of ketosis, had no issues. YMMV
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Dec-18-07, 14:55
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work

Can't really say that, it being all about the Dreamfields...too many variables. That being said, it's a modified carb food NOT a low carb food. Marketing is a very distinctly different thing than food science. The carbs are not prevented from being absorbed, they are delayed. Different kettle of fish altogether. You would be having a very fine case of diarrhea if there was that much prevention, the human system works that way (think of maltitol and lactitol) and is quite complex. Top that off with every individual's unique systemic reaction, and there you are.

Me, I treat this as a TREAT, maybe biweekly at best, I know I'm somewhat sensitive to grains, and to carbs in general. Also, carb-ish treats are best reserved for a meal early in the day, give the body time to deal rather than having the stuff rest overnight while the metabolism is low...

On the bright side, bike, those 8 pounds are not likely to be actual fat, just some fun water retention. Induction for a few days to a week or so should clear that up, and go easy on the salt.

#69   ^
Old Thu, Dec-20-07, 20:04

Plan: low carb, portion control
Stats: 222/155/140 Female 5'6"
BF:100%//33
Progress: 82%

Gotta have my Dreamfield's pasta fix once a week- making a huge pan of DF lasagna for Christmas Day. Going to serve chicken parmiagana, deep fried clamari, DH's homemade meatballs, DF linguine, with Alfredo.

I know this is off topic, but here is the appie we love to serve:

Thick slices of fresh mozzarella with a generous shmear of fresh pesto, topped with a slice of vine ripened tomato and a bit of fresh basil. Top with a bit of olive oil and fresh cracked black pepper. In my high carb days, would serve this on a slice of french or italian bread.