Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 18:54

Plan: CALP
Stats: 270/224/160
BF:
Progress: 42%

Betsy!

You are right, you are not alone! I measured this morning... Whew that was depressing too. I just want to fastforward to a thinner me.

Thanks for replying to my post!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 19:15

BF:

Cris,

You will make it through! I understand the frustration. If it makes you feel any better I would switch my weight loss for your weight any day. <wink>
I hope you are feeling better tonight! The great thing about PMS (there aren't many) but it doesn't stay all month.
Hang in there!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 19:26

BF:

Wawtigress,

I appreciate your concern and I am here to tell you that if I was not feeling well in the least I would be altering my diet or seeing a doctor. I believe that I am an example of someone who gained quite a bit of weight over a relatively short period of time (last year I gained 30 lbs) the year before I gained 30 lbs and this was because my diet of almost all carbs. I tried low fat but no loss. I am a vegetarian and have been very dependent on carbs. Of course this makes me more hungry and though I do not eat large portions I can gain rapidly because of the frequency of carbs. My Doc already checked my thyroid hoping that could explain the gain. When I look back at the thin moments of my life I see one common theme. One meal a day. I just didn't know that I could add in the low carb foods the other meals and not be hungry. I do NOT starve myself but follow the CALP plan to the letter.
You mention once I get off this plan.... I wont be getting off this plan as this is the only way I can be a healthy fit weight.
I have noticed that my nails are growing rapidly and though my whole office has been ill this winter I am one of the 2 that haven't. I trust my intuition about my body and I trust that it is doing just fine. To answer your question about timing: I have been on CALP since January 12th.
Again, I appreciate your concern but I do believe everybody is different and our bodies do know best. I hear loud and clear that mine is finding its ideal weight and running much better without those carbs.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Feb-21-02, 05:54

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Glad to hear from you

I'm glad you were checked and all is well. I agree with you about the carbs. Before i disciplined myself to this diet, if i ate one cookie it would become many. Carbs only make you hungrier especially if carbs is all you eat at a meal. For lunch , i'd grab a cookie or something of that nature and eat most before i stopped and still be hungry a few minutes later. Keep up the good work and we will eventually get there. I'm looking forward to July because if I don't have any stalls I should reach 140-150 and that will make me happy. I read that at my age(64) i shouldn't go back to my younger weight as it tends to make seniors look frail . So anyway I'll be happy. Have a great day and hope to hear from you again. Wawtigress