Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-08, 09:31
Registered Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 189/174/135 Female 5'7
BF:34/27/18
Progress: 28%

How are u doing, Marie???

Well, I measured yesterday and had lost an inch in the, thigh, an inch in the hip, and an inch in the ab at the belly button. I did not breathe yesterday, but I plan on doing the breathwork throughout the weekend. I will do final measure Tuesday morning. I need to do the tape as soon as I get up in the morning, because yesterday I let it go until evening and with work and dinner out, I was too tired when I finally got home.

Have a great weekend.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Aug-16-08, 12:01

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

Wow, chirobabe Good for you!! I haven't been doing it at all... blah, I know. But anyway, I'm SO glad to hear you're getting such great results

Are you doing any other type of exercise or do you attribute your inches lost to the breathing alone?
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-08, 14:45
Registered Member

I contribute the inch loss to breathing alone, I haven't done anything else but take a short 20 minute walk one day. I lost inches very well the last time I was consistent with the breath work, too, and it's motivated me to make it a daily activity. again! We can still check in with one another if you like.....I find if I don't breathe in the mornings, it may not get done at all that day!!! Does that happen to you?

My diet is another story...I really need to be more low carb than South Beach, I noticed a big stall in lbs off the scale when I switched to it. So, I am back to more of an Atkins approach. I read a book recently written by one of Dr. Atkins former associates, who wrote a book called The Hamptons Diet. It is much like Atkins, but more focused on monounsaturated oils/fats. I am giving it a whirl, as my body does not want saturated fat as much lately, but the olive/flax/macadamia nut oils are making me feel better, and I am keepng the carbs at between 45-60, so I can still lose....I am also having more berries/peaches in my carb count as it seems to react better with my system. I can't do all the low carb breads, wraps, etc.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-08, 22:02

Hey, Chirobabe! How is the breathing and low carbing going?
I haven't been doing the breathing and I've fallen off the low carb wagon.... yikes. For me, it seems that my body requires a lot of exercise, even when I'm doing very low carb like meat & eggs. So unless I'm prepared to exercise like a mad woman (and the heavier I get, the less energy I have to exercise!!!), the pounds and inches havne't been coming off. And then I lose the motivation to stay on LC. Yes, LC helps me maintain my weight and I'm thankful for that.
Now, though, I need to get back into some form of exercise of at least an hour a day, 5 days a week so that I can shed some of these pounds.
How is the breathing going? Are you losing more inches? I need to start doing the breathing on a regular basis.
Yes, I agree that getting it done in the morning is the best thing. Otherwise, stuff comes up.
I kind of feel like I might have to do the workout 2 or 3 times a day to see progress.... but once a day is at least a start... and even if the pounds don't come off, I know my core will get stronger... keep me posted on your progress!
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 16:04
Registered Member

Hello!

I have not been breathing this week, got off track after we took my son to college bout a week and a half ago.....I did do some salsa dancing and walking, though. I thought I might do my breathing in the car on the way to work with the Bodyflex car tape to get it in. I am working more hours now and I am loving this salsa dancing, so I do that in the morning (Core Rhythms). When I do the breathing, too, though, the fat loss gets accelerated. My hubby asked me last night if I was losing weight......

I think I finally found the eating plan for me...it's called the Glycemic Load Diet by Rob Thompson, MD. I found that I gained weight with anything but the first level of South Beach, and the Atkins plan seemed to make my blood sugar go too low...this program I am on now really deals with balancing blood sugars along with weight loss. I went from blood sugar too high to blood sugar too low, and now this new plan is keeping me balanced where I should be.

Take care and let me know how you are doing!!!
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 16:10
Registered Member

Hello again!!

I just remembered something, I remember from one of the breathing programs that sometimes breathing twice a day for awhile was supposed to help rev up the metabolism...might be worth a try for me for a couple weeks!!!!!

Take care!!!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 16:49
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Hi ladies,

Could you tell me about these programs--you seem to be getting great results, but just what is it that you are doing anyway? (I have to tell you, it looks funny to see `I find if I don't breathe in the morning. . . '

I have a CD of vocal exercises that include breathing exercises. I love to start the day doing my breathing exercises even before I get out of bed, and I've noticed my whole day goes better if I do. I've thought that this is an underrated part of self-care, so I perked up when I saw you talking about this.

TIA,
Kathleen
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 18:33

Kathleen: this is a youtube video clip from BodyFlex. Lifelift is essentially the same thing but a bit gentler (I find Bodyflex too harsh on my organs and my vocal chords). LifeLift does the breathe in and the "pah" but not quite so fast and not as harshly. Apparently the LifeLift woman taught the Body Flex woman the technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSA-1tZZTPM (Body Flex)
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 18:50

I went to the gym today and did 38 minutes of cardio at a cardio-level heart rate (around 145-160bpm). I'm not back on low carb yet since school is starting tomorrow. But I plan to get back on it in a few days.
Good luck with the breathing and the dancing! I want to start dancing a couple nights a week because it's so fun and such great exercise! And if it's good music, I can dance for a lot longer than I would work out at the gym.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-08, 07:52
Monday came.

Thank you, Marie. And Oxycise? How does that compare in terms of techniques and results? Also, is the first video all you need to give this a try, or do you need additional workout videos as well--it's a little confusing. Thanks again.

Last edited by kathleen24 : Mon, Sep-08-08 at 08:02.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-08, 17:19
Registered Member

Hello!

I just love Life Lift..it is gentler, I think. As far as Oxycise, I did that tape but did not get the results I did from Bodyflex and Life Lift. Don't know why.

I did my breathwork in the car today, on my way to work. A number of years ago, I did the breaths everyday on the way back from taking my son to school and also on the way back down to pick him up. I really started losing from that. For me, its consistency!

I did Core Rhythms this morning too. I think I am on a roll, since my son went to college, I have more time to work out. But the bad thing is, I miss him so much.....
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-08, 21:52

Plan: LC/carnivore 6/26/23
Stats: 200/194/137 Female 5 feet 6.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

I have experience with the original Body Flex. It has been successful for me in the past (I actually was not on low carb back then) but it worked so well and when I learned the technique I was able to do it without the video and in my dorm room and in my hotel room too. You need to be on an empty stomach to do it, you can't have high blood pressure and you can't be pregnant. These days I'm rarely on an empty stomach unless in the AM and that technique would be loud and wake my husband up in the morning. Also, I'm actually trying to get pregnant right now so I have put that tape on the back burner but I really did have success with it. I have not really followed the new-er technique she has but the old one was GREAT!
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Sep-08-08, 22:23
Monday came.

Thanks for the feedback, ladies.

Entropy39, wishing you all the the best on the greatest adventure that life has to offer . . .
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-08, 00:24

Entropy: body Flex and Life Lift don't need to be done on an empty stomach anymore. Apparently there was some research done and it';s okay to have something in your stomach, which is nice becasue having to do it before breakfast can sometimes be a challenge... don't do it if you're full of food but if you've had a light breakfast it's fine to do Life Lift after.

Good luck with the baby making!!