Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 10:26

Plan: PP-Vegetarian; now SB veg
Stats: 143/130/115 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 46%

i'd like to see where he is at in 3 months...
i read a lot about the kimkins diet on another forum (she posted for free there for a long time) & her weight loss is definitely not to be sneezed at - however seemed quite unrealistic as a woe from what i remember - very little variety. then again, who knows...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 11:55

Plan: Atkins (veteran)
Stats: 321/206.2/160 Female 5'4"
BF:new scale :(
Progress: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss

I'm not sure it's such a great idea to bash someone who's come up with yet another variation on the theme - a variation that happens to work extremely well for those who can stick to it.

I think we should be grateful that there are so many different 'plans' to choose from. Who cares if it's M/E, K/E, Kimkins, Fatkins, Fat Flush, South Beach, Protein Power, "Arckins", Intermittent fasting, Cron'ing, Atkins induction, Paleo, PSMF, Rapid Fat Loss...or whatever the deal is....I mean, really...who cares? As long as it works for the person who finally finds something that fits their lifestyle and their body.

What a great outlook. It's funny, user-bias interferes with how we look at others' plans. If something is working for someone, they should go for it.

I'm on a modified kimkims (aka, Stillmans, really), and it works so well and I'm never ever hungry that I'll be able to stay eating this way for a while. I don't ignore cheese, but I use less than I did, and I do eat a bit of skin on my chicken. I just find revolution rolls help me very much and that's a big key to staying on plan is to plan.

I say, Kudos to all who have the willpower and determination to make their bodies healthy! We're here and we're losing!!! whoohooo!!!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 16:24
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%
Default Amazing!!!

Jimmy's weight loss is NOTHING!. One person wrote a testimonial on the Kimkins website saying she had lost 12 lbs. overnight!!!

Of course she forgot to say she had cut off her head. LOL.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 17:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 166/158/135 Female 5'6
BF:39/34/20%
Progress: 26%

In your liver you have glycogen which weighs about 1 lb. When you eat a lot of carbs your body stores 4-5 lbs of water to process them. That's just the water your liver is holding onto.

When you reduce or eliminate carbs the glycogen shrinks in weight and the water is not needed anymore. Thus an initial whoosh.

This is why on induction and similiar low carb programs the first few weeks are intense "weight loss."

This is also, I presume why when someone cheats they think they have gained 6 lbs.~water and glycogen increase in the liver after a high carb meal. I'm not sure how soon after, but it's soon.

Of course you lose pounds of fat too I am sure. I wouldn't be on the atkins diet if it was all water weight you lost.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 20:30
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Do people actually read Jimmy Moore's blog?

Last edited by Kristine : Mon, Jun-11-07 at 20:41.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 20:34

Stats: 166/158/135 Female 5'6
BF:39/34/20%
Progress: 26%
Default Who is this jimmy guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine

I've seen it because people quote it all the time so I guess they read it. Who is he other than a blogger? I mean did he do anything else?
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 20:41

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
I did, once.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-07, 20:50
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberview
I've seen it because people quote it all the time so I guess they read it. Who is he other than a blogger? I mean did he do anything else?

He lost 180 lbs a few years ago and is a huge supporter of low carb way of life ie: his blog.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 06:42
Registered Member

Yes Jimmy went from around 420 lbs. down to 170-something or so on Atkins. Then he started his blog which is supported by low carb products. Most of the products are processed rather than whole foods. Jimmy actually "tests" those products (ie: eats them) and that is probably what caused his stall and subsequent weight gain. I've done the same thing myself and I am so DONE with "franken foods."
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 09:54
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

HERE IS THE LATEST:

Jimmy Moore
June 12, 2007
Kimkins Helped Me Lose 18 1/2 Pounds--In ONE Week!

What an exciting week this has been for me since I announced my newfound journey to lose 50 more pounds last week. My weight had climbed back up to 248 pounds almost suddenly, so it was definitely time to do something about it before it got completely out of control. That's why I decided to join Kimkins and give it a go since I had blogged so much about that low-carb program over the past year.

But my decision to begin Kimkins wasn't without controversy from a few of my readers who believe I had prematurely abandoned the Atkins diet that helped me shed 180 pounds in 2004. How ludicrous! But everyone has an opinion just like me, so I listened to what they had to say.

http://www.commonvoice.com/article.asp?colid=7269
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 12:58

Stats: 251/218.2/200 Male 76 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

I started Kimkins M/E four days ago just to see what would happen. I am 6'4" and weighed 242. Today, four days later and I weigh 230. Now I am sure that there has been a substantial water loss. I will give it another 10 days.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 13:20
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:

I suppose that you eat until you are full, so you could not be hungry. Can you tell how many calories you end with in an average day? Do you feel that you are getting all the energy you need?
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 14:17
Registered Member

Plan: Carbs not
Stats: 159/124/130 Female 67 inches
BF:Playing the field
Progress: 121%

Moore posted this at his blog as a response to someone's question about what he's eating:

Quote:
My meals right now are primarily lean protein sources as I am doing the Kimmer Experiment (K/E) version of Kimkins. If I decide to move into other Kimkins plans, then non-starchy veggies will become a part of the equation.

The main difference between Atkins and Kimkins is fat. On Kimkins, you reduce the fat slightly as a means for reducing caloric intake.

But I'm not eating that much less fat now than I was during my weight loss days on Atkins. The only difference is I'm counting fiber and sugar alcohols in my carb counts on Kimkins. It's different, but can be quite effective to get you back on track again.
# posted by Jimmy Moore : 6/12/2007 10:07 AM

So he's still eating junk food.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 14:46
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairOnFire
Moore posted this at his blog as a response to someone's question about what he's eating:

So he's still eating junk food.

Yes he is ......and it is NOT a pretty picture:

http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com/
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 14:50
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffybear
Yes he is ......and it is NOT a pretty picture:

http://livinlavidalocarb.blogspot.com/

Did he really take a picture of eating that?

And why add sweetener, the DaVinci syrup is sweetened, isn't it?