Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 09:35

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 205/199/130 Female 64 inches
BF:50%/47%/22%
Progress: 8%
Default Thanks for the Welcome

Thanks for the warm welcome and advice. Larry you are right on about HEALTH issues. It's not just my weight I am fed up with... my cholesterol is high 165, and my blood pressure has been creeping up with my weight and has been quite high recently. I am not on any meds currently, though my Dr. has warned me that if I can't get both down that is the next step. I am feeling better already after only 2 days!

Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 11:22

Stats: 178/000/145 Female 5ft. 4in.
BF:
Progress: 539%

Let me add my welcome to you too x54zeus!!

Lisa.... the wedding the other day sounded like a fairytale! I am so glad you got your needed rest!!

Jen.... I'm with Lisa, what time for dinner? YUM!

Larry... flowers for the ladies again? Please keep them coming!!
They are beautiful!!

I am going to do some weeding in my garden now...............

Have a Terrific Tuesday!!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-07, 11:36
Taking MY Turn

Plan: Intuitive Eating
Stats: 240/220.8/190 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 38%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryAJ
Perhaps penance is in order for you to return to the G’Fodder’s flavor. Thus I require you to look at these photos while you contemplate your disrespect. Also looking at these photos MAY earn you a boon from the G'Fodder.

Ok, I am SO busted. Yeah, I'm cheeky! But I respect de G'Fodder and I was happy to look at this pics! Nicely done. Were they taken with a Canon?

Anyhow, as a form of appropriate sucking up, here is my homage to my favorite one of the bunch...

Let me know when I'm out of the doghouse!

More later as relates to PP, but I really wanted to share this here. Gorgeous, Larry!
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jun-13-07, 21:06

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by x54zeus
It's not just my weight I am fed up with... my cholesterol is high 165,
That is NOT high! Mine is 281, but my HDL is 85, triglycerides are 51 and Lp(a) is 9.0. You should go to the Cholesterol, Heart Disease Forum to learn more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Try4Me
Larry... flowers for the ladies again? Please keep them coming!!
They are beautiful!!
OH, you remembered. Here is the link to then for those that have not seen them. For the cat/animal lovers out there, here are some photos of the kittens I was presented with last year. AND, you need to enjoy them while you can as I have been notified by Yahoo.com that their photo album site is going down sometime this summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz8605
Ok, I am SO busted. Yeah, I'm cheeky!
BOY! you sure are! BUT I can tell you are in a DELIGHTFUL way. Was that from your Grandmother(s) pinching your pretty little cheek and saying, “You are just SOOoo cute!” ???
Quote:
But I respect de G'Fodder and I was happy to look at this pics! Nicely done. Were they taken with a Canon?
No, I bought a Sony MCV-FD71 off ebay several years ago. It was the ONLY one at the time that my Mac would read the output from - which is a floppy disk. I love it, especially the 10 to1 optical zoom. I also got a bunch of lenses for it at the same time. I have a fisheye, X2 telephoto, and close up lenses at X1, X2 and X4. I used the X4 for the orchid you liked. The MCV-FD71 is just 640x480 pixels, but with the lens selection I can do quite well. I just cannot “play” with the images much, like picking a portion to blow up. But usually I don’t have that problem since I start with images that are of a good size to start.
Quote:
Anyhow, as a form of appropriate sucking up, here is my homage to my favorite one of the bunch...
That is a kiki (Hawaiian for baby, use to describe the new plants that sometimes form on the flower stalks) that I got from an orchid that the branch secretary had when I stopped to visit her on a trip into my credit union. I was totally surprised when it put out a bloom stalk not that long after it was cut off the parent plant and potted alone.
Quote:
Let me know when I'm out of the doghouse!
NOW, what MEAN, NASTY person would have put a G L O W I N G “mother to be” in a doghouse!?! He’ll have to answer to ME!!
Quote:
More later as relates to PP, but I really wanted to share this here. Gorgeous, Larry!
Thanks
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 12:00

Stats: 205/199/130 Female 64 inches
BF:50%/47%/22%
Progress: 8%
Default My cholesterol is 265 not 165 sorry for typo...

Dug out my most recent Blood work: Total 263, Triglycerides 81, HDL 70, LDL 177, Ratio 3.8. Not too horrible but not good either!
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 13:42
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Hi all...I just wanted to let you know I heard from Larry and it sounds like a storm zapped his computer, so he won't be able to hop online for a bit! We'll have to keep the PP threads warm and cozy until he returns.

x54zeus, I'll look forward to you sharing your bloodwork again with us in 6 months to a year! What a great benchmark you have set.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-07, 15:22

Stats: 150/135/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 60%

Hi everyone! Its nice to see that everyone tries to write and read as much as possible. I think it is such a big help to have people to talk to about everyday LC issues.
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 07:31
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Hi all! It's been quiet around here as I'm sure we'll all busy now with the nice weather. I was actually down for the count over the weekend with my first brush with sickness in awhile. I think I caught a stomach bug or something. Ugh! It was awful...especially having a fever scare on Monday. It's so damn silly. I never used to care or worry but now I have a lot more at stake when little things go wrong. Thankfully with only one dose of Tylenol and LOTS of water and rest, I was able to bring my temps back to normal in a day and I've been fine ever since. I'm slowly recovering and of course utterly swamped (as is normal in my life). I need to get through one more wedding weekend for the month and then my Mom's estate sale/auction and then I can breathe for a week or two. Hope everyone else is doing well!

BTW Kelly, I meant to tell you I love your signature - that's such a great quote and is basically what I tell people all the time. Anyone who tries the "when you have a moment" crap with me gets an earful. My life is WAY too demanding and hectic to ever just "find time"...but when asked, I'll always make time (like posting here, though sporadic, I do make the effort!)

Hope the weather is as wonderful for all of you as it is lately for us here!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 09:51

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 150/140/140 Male 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Greetings everybody,

I am in the city for a bit so have a working computer to use. I have been searching on ebay for a replacement for my dead computer in the country. Also bid in a modem to replace the one that got blown up. I will have to post some pictures of what a circuit chip looks like after lightning gets thru with it.

I managed to get an old computer and SLOOOOW modum up and running in the country but it was about all I could do to just read posts to keep up. Sorry I have been able to post replies. It seemed like the PP forum might get more active and then I got zapped.

Come on everybody, let us know how you are.

Glad you are feeling better Lisa.
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 12:05

BF:

Hey Lisa I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better, and those 2 weeks of breathing room you will have after your last wedding sounds like a much needed break. It is nice to see that even tho you are swamped you still make time to post.

Hope everything is going well for everyone!
  #41   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 12:46

Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hello. I just took Protein Power out of the library (why I'm online instead of curled up on the couch reading it I have no idea :blush and I may be joining you guys.

So far I've lost 5 lbs in 3 weeks of generic LCing and I'm still trying to tweak things to make it all work better.
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 13:05

BF:

Welcome Ruthla!
I hope you enjoy the book, which book did you take out? There are several Protein Power (PP) books. I like PP because there is more variety in what you can eat compared to other LC diets, such as Atkins.
Ruthla, the main thing you have to figure out is your minimum protein requirement for each meal which is determined by your height and current weight.
I hope you find the PP book as interesting as I did, the reasoning behind the PP diet truely made sense to me!
Good Luck Ruthla!
  #43   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 13:47

BF:

I've got Protein Power: the high protein/low carbohydrate way to lose weight, feel fit, and boost your health- in just weeks! copyright 1996.

I read a brief overview of it in Living the Low Carb Life and it sounded like something worth pursuing. I'm not sure if it has much more info than other LC books and websites I've been reading, but I figured it was worth taking out just to calculate the recomended protien grams per day and per meal.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 13:53
Taking MY Turn

BF:

Ruthla, glad to have you join us! I think the original PP book and PPLP (Protein Power Lifeplan) are the most informative, but honestly they are all good...as is the Eadeses web site and forums as well. (I don't go there much to chat but at least to review certain topics.) So read away and come by with any questions...we'll be here!
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-07, 16:47

BF:

So the one I have is the "original PP book" right? That's the one I tried to get out of the library anyway!

I plan to get off the computer and start reading it as soon as my kids are done watching this TV show- the only comfy place to read in my apartment is the couch, which is in front of our only TV.

Gosh I hate Hannah Montana at the moment- but I guess it's better than Blue's Clue's right? Ah, the joys of having kids grow up....