Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 11:00
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

Fat Flush Phase 2 Day 23 - weight this AM 195.5

PB: nothing got up farrrrrr too late and forgot will have lemon water later
B: Peach smoothie
S: 2oz prawns
L: Beef salad
S: Orange and later 2oz salmon and a hard boiled egg*
D: Chili with green beans and asparagus

Water 65 floz normal water 35floz cran water

* have been especially hungry today
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, May-02-07, 15:51

Plan: Keto
Stats: 410/319/260 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 61%

Day 7 - Fat Flush Plan (P1)

LLC (None)

Hot Lemon water

B: Beef tenderlion, ruccola, raw cabbage, yellow bell pepper, cucumber, parsley, and FFP 1000 Island dressing

1½ C coffee

S: None

L: Strawberry power smoothie, strawberries, cranwater, stevia, flaxseeds

S: 2 - eggs scrambled with sauteed tomatoes, cumin, garlic, and onion powder

D: Poached salmon, steamed brussel sprouts, and FFP catsup

S: Strawberries

LLC

Throughout day drink 2L cranwater and 1 C water.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 00:22

BF:

Date.............4/23.........4/30...........5/07........5/14

Foxy:...........199............197............

Ladibug.........................117.6

Stardust ......340.8.........328.2
  #49   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 06:08
From Flab to Fab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust

GO lisa GO!!!!!!!!!
  #50   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 07:19

Plan: The Virgin Diet
Stats: 124.2/118.6/100 Female 58.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Wow Lisa! Awesome weight loss! Congrats!1

FFP day 4
weighin: 114.6

Well, not so impressive, but I'll attribute it to that canned pineapple I had last night. I must be doing something wrong, because you two gals said you were never hungry, yet I find myself hungry all day. Especially after eating a huge salad for lunch, I find myself feeling hungry. Not sure why. Anyway--

Day 4 menu

LLC & HLW
Breakfast: ?
Snack: strawberries
Lunch: large lettuce salad with turkey, carrots, gr. peppers, cukes, brocolli, cauliflower with flax oil dressing.
Dinner: Tilapia, grilled, with vegie stirfry

Exercise:
Rebounder for 10 min.
no walk since it's cold/rainny today
  #51   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 07:26
From Flab to Fab!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladibug52
I must be doing something wrong, because you two gals said you were never hungry, yet I find myself hungry all day. Especially after eating a huge salad for lunch, I find myself feeling hungry. Not sure why. Anyway--

Day 4 menu

LLC & HLW
Breakfast: ?
Lunch: large lettuce salad with turkey, carrots, gr. peppers, cukes, brocolli, cauliflower with flax oil dressing.
Dinner: Tilapia, grilled, with vegie stirfry

I can immediately see what the problem is - no smoothies!!! You MUST have your protein powder....have you not been eating any?

Seriously, this will be your problem! The plan states that you need 1 to 2 scoops of protein powder a day - it's not an option, it's a must. So missy, get yourself off to the health food shop and get some - it has to be pure protein, no sugars or sweetners. I only have one smoothie a day made up with cran water and fruit (I use one of my servings of fruit in it) but if you get extra hungry you can have two - but believe me - you won't need 2!!

ALSO - I meant to add that you NEED 2 eggs a day too. So if you are having salad for lunch, make sure you get your HB eggs in there.

I can see why you're hungry because you're just not eating enough protein. Remember: the eggs and powder are in addition to the 8oz cooked meat a day.

Last edited by foxgluvs : Thu, May-03-07 at 07:33. Reason: remembered something
  #52   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 10:46
From Flab to Fab!

Fat Flush Day 23 - weight this AM 196.5 (1lb up due to TOM just around corner)

PB: LLC and lemon water
B: 2oz salmon steak with salad leaves, rocket, red pepper, cherry tomatoes and flax oil dressing
S: grapes
L: prawn salad with 2 eggs and flax oil dressing.
S: strawberry smoothie
D: Thai Chicken*

Water 35 floz cran water + 65 floz normal water

*I took some chicken cutlets and marinated them in garlic, lime juice, coriander, and cayenne pepper which made it really spicy! YUM
I marinated them for about half an hour, and then put them in a pan and cooked it up!!

Last edited by foxgluvs : Thu, May-03-07 at 11:57.
  #53   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 11:26
From Flab to Fab!

Ok, so I am going to list the things which you MUST do on the first two weeks of this plan so that anyone who looks in this thread can see just what is involved.

Method:The plan has three set guidelines;
Phase 1: The two week Fat Flush
Phase 2: Ongoing fat Flush
Phase 3: The lifestyle eating plan

The FFP is made up of whole natural foods eaten without salt.
Cut out are trans fats, caffeine, diet sodas, alcohol, aspartame, sugar, yeast related vinegars (except apple cider vinegar), all grains and cereals, starchy vegetables, in the first phases dairy products (except whey) are also cut.

Fat Flush Phase 1: Detox - lasts two weeks

Phase 1 is first and foremost a cleansing program to facilitate weight loss by giving the liver support and nourishment.

*On Waking: Long Life Cocktail (which is a lot less glamorous than it sounds!!) 8oz cranberry juice with either 1 tablespoon flax seeds or 1 tablespoon psyllium husks - this is to keep things from backing up.

*Before Breakfast: 8oz Hot Lemon Water before breakfast to wake up the digestive tract and to cleanse the liver

* 2 tablespoons of Flax oil a day - this helps with a lot of things, it can act as an appetite suppressant, and it is rich in multiple omega vitamins the web site excerpt below has been taken from here:
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/T041700.asp

Quote:

Flax oil, flax seeds, and the omega-3 fatty acids they contain are good for your health. Here are some of the ways flax helps;

1. Flax promotes cardiovascular health. The ultra-high levels of omega-3 fatty acids lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. Fish oils and algae are also good sources of essential fatty acids.

2. Flax promotes colon health. It has anti-cancer properties and, as a natural lubricant and a rich fibre source, it lowers the risk of constipation.

3. Flax supplements can boost immunity. One study showed that school children supplemented with less than a teaspoon of flax oil a day had fewer and less severe respiratory infections than children not supplemented with flax oil.

4. Flax provides fats that are precursors for brain building. This is especially important at the stage of life when a child's brain grows the fastest, in utero and during infancy. A prudent mom should consider supplementing her diet with a daily tablespoon of flax oil during her pregnancy and while breastfeeding.

5. Flax promotes healthy skin. I have used flax oil as a dietary supplement in my patients who seem to have dry skin or eczema, or whose skin is particularly sun-sensitive.

6. Flax may lessen the severity of diabetes by stabilizing blood-sugar levels.

7. Flax fat can be slimming. Fats high in essential fatty acids, such as flax, increase the body's metabolic rate, helping to burn the excess, unhealthy fats in the body. Eating the right kind of fat gives you a better fighting chance of your body storing the right amount of fats. This is called thermogenesis , a process in which specialized fat cells throughout the body (called brown fat) click into high gear and burn more fat when activated by essential fatty acids, especially gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). I have personally noticed that I crave less fat overall when I get enough of the healthy fats. A daily supplement of omega 3 fatty acids may be an important part of weight control programs.

* 1 cup of unsweetened Cranberry juice is to be watered down to make up 64 oz and taken throughout the day.

* Lean Protein; 8oz (cooked weight) a day & up to 10oz for men.

* Eggs 2 a day.

*Protein powder - you can cook with it, or drink it in smoothies. Up to 2 scoops per day (max 24g's each) and it has to be sugar and artificial sweetener free.

*Vegetables unlimited from a choice of non starchy low GI selection.

*Fruit up to 2 a day from the low GI and carb, eg; 1/2 grapefruit or 1 c berries equals one choice.

Phase 2 is designed for ongoing weight loss with a bit more variety in food choices adding back a 'friendly' carb each week, such as sweet potato, parsnips, and peas etc to check for adverse reaction to it.

Phase 3 is really the fat flush maintenance program providing a lifelong eating program aimed at increasing your vitality and well-being for life. Now 2 dairy products can be reintroduced and a variety of starchier veggies and no gluten grains. Once again new foods are added back one at a time to gauge your body’s reaction. Once on this stage of the program you will likely find your daily percentages work out at the ratio 40:30:30

A typical phase 1 menu:

• On waking: Long life cocktail
  • Pre-Breakfast: Hot lemon (or lime) water
  • Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with veggies or flax pancakes with berries or fruit smoothie with one table spoon flax oil
  • Snack: Either a piece of fruit out of your allowance or any protein you like, or any cut up allowed veggies
  • Lunch: 4 ounces of salmon with lemon and garlic, warm asparagus, mixed-green salad with broccoli florets and cucumber, with flax oil dressing
  • Snack: as before *you could use your smoothie here for example
  • Dinner: 4 ounces steak or any suitable meat with a pinch of cinnamon and a dash of dried mustard, sautéed kale (with 2 squirts of olive oil spray), baked summer squash with a touch of cloves.
  • Mid-evening: Long life Cocktail
An important note: You must not cook with flax oil as it turns into a trans fat under high temperatures

I would recommend the following books:

The Fat Flush Plan by Anne Louise Gittleman

Fat Fush Foods

And the following link for recipe ideas:

Fat Flush Recipes

*Disclaimer: this is a rough guide to Fat Fast and if you are thinking of doing the plan, you MUST get the book and read up about it. I am not a health professional and I have not been trained to give advice. When embarking on any plan (especially one which involves a liver detox) you must do it carefully and having read the important information.
  #54   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 12:32

BF:

Thanks, Hazel and Ladibug for your support.

You guys are doing great also.
  #55   ^
Old Thu, May-03-07, 12:40

BF:

Hazel, you did a great job on the the guide for the FFP. Thanks for your hard work.

#56   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 00:46

BF:

Day 8 - Fat Flush Plan (P1)

Weight: 328.2 (+.4)

LLC

Hot Lemon water

B: Sauteed cabbage and red bell pepper with two steamed eggs on top with garlic, onion powder, cayenne, and cumin

L: Orange and apple smoothie with stevia

S: Pear

D: Huge Salad: Chicken breast, raw cabbage, rocket, tomato, cucumber, parsley, and FFP Caesar Salad Dressing

S: Rest of my salad

LLC

Throughout day drink 2L cranwater and .9L water.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 08:26
From Flab to Fab!

Hey Lisa, no problem I want people to be able to get as much info as possible so if you can think of anything which would help others along the way, then feel free to post it

Menu: Fat Flush Day 24 my weight is up 1lb due to TOM coming. My bloat has not been as severe as usual interestingly though! I usually go up at least 3lbs sometimes up to 5lbs - so 1lbs will be a vast improvement

PB: LLC + Lemon Water
B: Strawberry Smoothie
L: Salmon salad + an orange
S: 2 hard boiled eggs
D: Leftover chili with broccoli

Water 70floz cran water + 35floz normal
  #58   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 14:33

BF:

Day 9 - Fat Flush Plan (P1)

Weight: 327.6

LLC

Hot Lemon water

B: Cabbage sautee with 2 poached eggs, cayenne, garlic, cumin, onion powder, chicken broth

1.5 C coffee

L: Chicken and broccoli with garlic, onion powder, chicken broth and ginger

S: Missed it ... totally forgot

D: Taco salad: Browned ground meat with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and chili powder, served over a bed of butter lettuce, cucumber, cabbage, green onion and topped with fresh, homemade salsa (tomatoes, green onion, garlic, lemon juice, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno and vinegar) and FFP Caesar dressing.

S: Apple-Pear Super smoothie, fruit, flaxseed, cranwater (had my flax oil in my dressing at dinner), stevia, cinnamon, ground cloves

Throughout day drink 2L cranwater and .85L water.
  #59   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 14:53
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
Date.............4/23.........4/30...........5/07........5/14

Foxy:...........199............197............

Ladibug.........................117.6

Excellent!!

I'm so happy for all 3 of you!!
  #60   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 22:46

Plan: The Virgin Diet
Stats: 124.2/118.6/100 Female 58.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
=Stardust B: Sauteed cabbage and red bell pepper with two steamed eggs on top with garlic, onion powder, cayenne, and cumin

Hey Lisa--thanks for the idea. This sounded so good that I ended up having the same for my brunch. Thanks!

Day 5 FFP
weight: 114.2

Brunch: Saute'd cabbage, mushrooms, and red bell pepper with two eggs on top with onion powder, cayenne, & garlic.
Snack: orange
Dinner: broiled salmon filet, side salad with zesty flax oil dressing, green beans.
Late SnacK: blueberry smoothie

64 oz. cranwater
LLC's and HLW also