Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 18:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 340/318/180
BF:
Progress: 14%
Talking Sunshine moment for today

Greetings!

I had a sunshine moment today. I was in the shower and my ring almost fell off my finger!! My rings are getting a lot looser on my fingers, and I know thats always a sign of me losing weight. I am actually pretty excited and looking forward to getting weighed this next Tuesday!

Come on.. any other sunshine moments lingering out there?

Let's hear them

I love reading about sunshine moments, as well as experiencing them myself.

*hugs*

Brianna
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 00:16

Plan: calp
Stats: 342/295/190
BF:
Progress: 31%

Thank Goodness for sunshine moments!! I had one this week.I was going to the city and put on my favorite blue jeans,which were a little baggy I thought. Well once there I noticed how they were dragging! I went to a washroom to check and guess what!!! I could pull them right up and down without using the fly!!! It wasn't pretty but it did happen.Who ever would think clothes would stretch LOL, in the past mine always shrank and I needed a bigger size so this is a blast of sunshine to have something totally unwearable!!

Even if I don't post often I find this a very supportive and informative forum. Keep it up to ya'all
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 09:00

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Default Pants

Yes, I agree Colin..

The pants that I started out wearing only stay put with a strong belt!
A week ago Friday I wore a pair of jeans that were tight..I couldn't get my hands in the pockets. Took some effort to zip and button them. This week they fit loosely <YEA!>

Needless to say I was grinning ear-to-ear all day.

Dee

#49   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 09:57

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Talking Clown Pants...

My pants have been falling off for weeks now...

I know what you mean about being able to pull your pants on and off without unbottoning them. I've been doing this for weeks. Actually, all I have to do is breath in and mine fall off, belt and all! My belt has gotten so big that I tuck all the extra leather underneath itself.

I guess this weekend I will pull out some of my smaller clothes and see what happens....

Have a great LC weekend everyone!

Donald
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 11:44
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins combination
Stats: 278.8/269/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default oh my goodness

Gee, sounds like the way to spot somebody from our group is to look for somebody with their pants falling down!
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 11:59

BF:
Smile Visual

Awwww DW, the visual that put in my head...oh my little heart please slow down <lol>

Doesn't it feel great to know they are sooo large. Personally I am getting tired of wearing big clothes, I don't think they keep me as motivated as wearing "fitting" clothes and seeing how much more I need to loose.

I have gone to purchase some clothes and then thought why am I spending all this money on clothes I will only be able to wear for a couple of months??? I want to try to go to the Salvation Army and the heavy discount overstock stores to see if I can buy some fitting slacks.

Dee
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 14:09
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb plan
Stats: 350/323/249 Female 5'10"
BF:50
Progress: 27%

Here in Tucson we have a plus size womans resale boutique, as
I change sizes I'm planning To recycle my old clothing that dose not fit anymore, they pay 40% cash and 50% trade for the clothing they are intrested in. Ill gladly donate the rest to a womans shelter as I'm planning to be a smaller size for a while!
Has anyone elce done this before?
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 14:11
Registered Member

Stats: 340/318/180
BF:
Progress: 14%

Loose clothes!

YAY for loose clothes.. I'm still somewhat new to the diet but I estimate that I've lost somewhere between 10-20 lbs. I'm not getting weighed till Tuesday so I'll see where I stand then. I also didn't get weighed when I first started the diet so, well at any rate!

I love the loose clothes syndrome, I mean it can be frustrating thinking oh I'll need new clothes, but it's good because I love going clothing shopping after I've gone down a size or two, I think, before I was wearing this other size! Sheesh, look how much I've lost. I tried on a pair of pants yesterday that I hadn't worn since the start of my diet and they were quite a lot baggier than they were before, it was actually funny.. I went to loop the pants (one of those metal loop thingies) and I under estimated on clasping it, so I missed the metal thing and I thought, wow I really have lost weight.

No sunshine moments yet today but the sun is out and I'm going to work out with my friend and go dancing! Woohoo!

Thats gotta be scary going in public and if you take too deep a breath your pants fall j/k well I remember having the opposite problem, wearing a button up blouse and worrying that I'll break one of the buttons or it will "poof" out and show my bra. I'd much rather have to worry about pants falling down than that!

Good job everyone!

Keep it up

Brianna
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 20:11

BF:
Talking Busting out the bra...

You know, of course, that I'm laughing with you and not at you about busting your buttons and exposing your bra, but we're friends here and it's an image that made me laugh. Having busted out of so many things (and we won't even go into the furniture I've broken) I can totally relate!

I wore jeans today that I can't even recall wearing last. It was so sweet to have several pairs of jeans to choose from and to not wear sweat pants to go shopping!

Best wishes to you all!

Donald
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 20:18

BF:
Talking If you think that's funny...

Dee, if you think it's funny that my pants fall down when I breath in...

...what's even scarier is that most of the time, my underwear is falling down inside my pants as well! By the time I walk to my car after leaving my office, I'm practically butt nekid!

I can't believe I just shared that.....

Donald
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 21:26
Registered Member

Plan: CAD/Atkins combination
Stats: 278.8/269/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Everyone's pants are falling down, falling down...

I can't either, Donald, but since you did, I have had the same thing happen with pantyhose - the whole top part fell down and was kinda hanging down inside the legs of my slacks!

Ain't that just the most uncomfortable feeling???

I think we ALL need to go shopping!
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 21:43

BF:
Default Underware

Oh DW the mental images...so much for aeorbic exercise I just need to read the message board....

Underware is the one thing I am keeping up with...It the what if you were in an accident thing. Do I really want the cute EMT guys seeing my underware around my knees?

Just a thought.

Dee
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 15:54
Registered Member

Stats: 321/314/175
BF:
Progress: 5%

Oh My!!!

I hadn't read these for a couple days, I return and everyone is busting buttons and hanging unplanned BA's......it made me laugh A LOT!!!!

My sunshine moment this weekend was staying on plan over the weekend....that has always been a hard thing for me to do....but lately it doesn't seem to be presenting huge problems....probably because I don't crave the sugary stuff anymore! YEAH!....

We are starting back to the YMCA tomorrow....so that will be good. Need to start the exercise routine back up. I have started walking a little though, so that should help.

Keep up the good work everyone and keeps those pants falling!!!!

Shelly
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 16:01

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%
Red face OMG I got whistled at

10 years ago I would've found this offensive

but hey ...at 38, married, and on they way back down from 232lbs...I was chuffed!

...kind've embarrassing though

Lesley
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-02, 17:41

BF:
Wink Can't wait

Leslie, I can't wait to be whistled at ... again. How terrific.

Sunshine moment for me today....another 1.5 pounds gone gone gone. (And if I weren't so constipated, it would have probably been more! )

Dee