Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-09-07, 12:18

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
It IS interesting to experience hunger. It is such a mind thing... I remember how terrified I was of it at first. But really, its just a feeling and it isn't constant. It comes and goes.

I remember how Waywardsis was scared about being hungry. I posted a link to help pump up her courage. I really need to dig up that link again for myself.

Oh yes: http://Yourname.here.youaremighty.com

So... http://black57.youaremighty.com

Hey, Nancy, thanks for this link. How wonderful of you to do this.Thank you. Here I come to save the day

Oops, I double posted.

Last edited by black57 : Mon, Apr-09-07 at 12:28.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 13:27

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kallyn
Dr. Eades has some informative posts about this stuff too.

http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/?p=278
http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/?p=279

I think I usually end up fasting for at least 14-16 hours each day anyway, as I will stop eating around 10PM and I often don't eat my first meal of the day until 12-2PM. In high school I basically did the one huge meal a day thing without realizing it, and I was skinny as a rail. That could have just been my age, though...no way to tell.

I have been initiating a 14 - 15 hour fast. I think that is all I can excpect to do sucessfully without passing out . It was difficult yesterday because I actually went 16 hours and I was in a fog. But, today it was notably easier although I went 14 hours instead of 16. My biggest worry is planning this during my regular work schedule. I think that by beginning this during my Spring break will be helpful.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 13:31

Plan: life without bread
Stats: 150/130/130 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

You're doing great! It gets way easier once your body realizes you are changing your schedule. I used to come home from school and gorge myself for about 2 hours, then not eat until I got home from school the next day...the ole bod gets used to it pretty quick after those first few tummy-grumbling days.
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 13:44

BF:

Kallyn, I can just imagine. Like you I didn't eat very much although I don't recall my exact eating habits. So much to learn, so little time.
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 13:56
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I find drinking something fizzy or hot helps with the hunger. Chewing gum too!

Black57, you're inspiring me. I need to try to get back on the bandwagon too.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-07, 20:52

BF:

I did good today. I have to figure out how I am going to do this tomorrow. I get my hair done and I am getting some estimates on the kitchen. I will be able to eat before my hair appointment. If I have steak and eggs for breakfast, that should keep me full throughout the day and I can nibble here and there until dinner time. I will tell you all how it goes.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 11:33
Dazilous

Plan: NeanderkIF
Stats: 140/114/110 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 87%

IFing totally cured me of my fear of hunger. It really clued me in to what actual hunger feels like, as opposed to mouth-hunger. If I really waited until I was HUNGRY, like gut-growling hungry, it would probably be much longer than the 15-16 hours I fast every day.

So how'd you do?
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 11:41

BF:

Waywardiss. I did just fine yesterday. Good planning is the answer. I had a large steak and eggs for my first meal which was after a 14 hour fast.I went to the beauty salon. Upon returning home, I ate what was leftover from my spaghetti made with shirataki noodles, homemade sauce and meatballs. It was really good. I also had a sliver of chocolate birthday cake that I made into a parfait of cake strawberries and whipped cream. For dinner my final meal at 9:00 ( ate late because of some appointments ), I had 2 chilli dogs with cheese and onions...no bun. I am getting ready to have my first meal of the day at 11:00.

One thing that I have taken note of, is I have more energy. I have been so damn lethargic for weeks. The lethargy is diminishing and I am sure that if this has something to do with it. For my first meal today, I am going to have the remainder of the steak and 2 eggs plus i will have a couple of slices of apple ( I rarely eat apple ) and strawberries. Well it is time to eat. I will talk to you all later.

Mary
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 12:58

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by black57
Waywardiss. I did just fine yesterday. Good planning is the answer. I had a large steak and eggs for my first meal which was after a 14 hour fast.I went to the beauty salon. Upon returning home, I ate what was leftover from my spaghetti made with shirataki noodles, homemade sauce and meatballs. It was really good. I also had a sliver of chocolate birthday cake that I made into a parfait of cake strawberries and whipped cream. For dinner my final meal at 9:00 ( ate late because of some appointments ), I had 2 chilli dogs with cheese and onions...no bun. I am getting ready to have my first meal of the day at 11:00.

One thing that I have taken note of, is I have more energy. I have been so damn lethargic for weeks. The lethargy is diminishing and I am sure that if this has something to do with it. For my first meal today, I am going to have the remainder of the steak and 2 eggs plus i will have a couple of slices of apple ( I rarely eat apple ) and strawberries. Well it is time to eat. I will talk to you all later.

Mary

Okay change that. I had the steak and three eggs cooked in coconut oil and 1/2 of an avocado. I had a couple of slices of apple and 3 wedges of colby cheese plus I had 1/4 cup of jello sf pudding. I must add that the toilet is also very well fed
'nuff said.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-12-07, 16:44
Experimenter

BF:

For some reason I always had HUGE BM's when I was doing IF.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-07, 08:10

BF:

Nancy LC, That happened to me. I will see what happens today but I am losing weight. Nothing to brag about yet but I will stay on course. I won't eat until after 9:00 AM today. It is also great to be able to eat so much without feeling stuffed. Something I have come to believe is that for me, eating 3 meals a day isn't too much, it is too often. I think that whatever processes the body goes through must take longer to complete. By eating before the digestive process is done, forces the body to store fat and the goo that goes with it. I don't feel like I am retaining water. I am going to test this out for about 2 more weeks before I come to a conclusion on its affects on me. Thanks for your encouragement. The best thing I have done since starting Atkins was joining this site.
  #27   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-07, 09:45

BF:

More speculations. I always avoided snacking because it seemed like my body treated a snack as if it were a full meal. So if I had a snack in between meals, my body "read' 5-6 meals instead of 3 meals and 2 snacks. By giving the body time to fully metabolize my dietary intake, I was helping my body to do what it does naturally. Now this is much different from skipping a meal because you can eat pretty much anything, preferably low carb, during your feeding hours. I really didn't worry so much about eating too much during my feeding hours.

My fasting hours are primarily during sleep hours. It has been almost 15 hours since my last meal. This AM I am eating at Polly's down the street. I will post more on Monday.
  #28   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-07, 10:08
Experimenter

BF:

Black57, have you checked out the IF thread? You might enjoy that. But I think one trap we all fell into was eating much higher carb while doing IF or warrior diet. It just didn't work out for most of us.
  #29   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-07, 10:34

BF:

Thanks Nancy, I am staying low carb. I was just speculating about the higher carbs because Dr. Eades said that is what He and Mary did when first doing the IF. I do want to check out the IF thread. Where is it?
  #30   ^
Old Fri, Apr-13-07, 10:54
Experimenter

BF:

It's in my siggy (if I remember to leave my siggy on)