Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Mar-25-07, 14:12

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%
Default Water-Who would have thunk

Okay a bit about me. I lost 120lbs last year in total 60lbs with Atkins and 60lbs with meat/egg. Then in Oct I regained 8lbs and pretty much have held steady there for the whole time going up and down the same 2-3lbs. Now I realize that my consistant treating myself to cocoa treats and extra (a lot extra) salad dressing certainly wasn't helping the situation. However even when I wasn't treating myself I was still seeing the same 2-3lbs up and downs.

Then I discover a substance commonly known as water. I had heard a bit about it before and did make some pathic attempts to drink it but could never really follow through for a variety of reasons (all self absorbed) however 3 days ago I decided to force myself to really try hard to drink 8 glasses a day on top of any other liquid I consume.

On March 21 I was at 273lbs and today I am at 265lbs. This is an all time low for me.

So if any of you are facing unexpected water shortages in your community it may be due to me, hehe.

Bottoms up!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-07, 11:22

Plan: Atkins~Modified
Stats: 173/173/145 Female 5' 6" and growing!
BF:26.6%/
Progress: 0%

This has not been replied to yet, so I am going to reply.
You have done GREAT with the weightloss, good for you!
I will say it again, like I have over and over, water is one of the main ingredients to any plan.
If you drink 64ozs. a day and another 8 ozs. for every 25 pounds overweight you are, you will be suprised how fast the weight drops.
So, eat right. At least walk daily if you do not exercise yet, and drink water until you feel like you are drowning!
Brenda
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 15:33

Plan: Moderate Low-Carb <100g
Stats: 130/110.2/115 Female 5'3.5
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 132%

"Then I discover a substance commonly known as water."

That was fookin' hilarious. I just about drenched my monitor with MY water.

Thanks for the laugh!

I too am trying to choke down water as well and discover the same phenomenon as yourself.

I've relegated myself to setting the timer every hour and then drinking 8 ounces.

If I don't do that, then I completely forget and drink NOTHING all day! Blah!

I even work out, a LOT and still don't get thirsty. Poo.

Anyway, I'm feelin' ya.

I hope to soon lose those stinkin' recurring 3 pounds for good.

Julia
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 15:37
From Flab to Fab!

Plan: Fat Flush / SB
Stats: 300/225/185 Female 5ft 8"
BF:No Thanks
Progress: 65%

I wish more people would 'get' this!!!

Water IS one of the main keys to weight loss. I drink about 3 litres a day, every day, if I don't drink enough, I don't lose weight.

Here's how I think about it when on numerous trips to the bathroom....I am flushing the fat OUT of my body, in fact, the more water I drink the better because the more fat I am flushing away!

Good for you that you finally found out how to flush that fat!
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-04-07, 15:42
Registered Member

Plan: M/E
Stats: 206/168/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Need to up my water intake for sure, that is still my weakness.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, May-25-07, 13:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/140/145 Male 5'-5"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Definitely! Water and exercise will boost your losses. My job invlolves travel to Mexico City so I also venture out on the weekends for a 7-10 mile walk. I noticed that on weeks that I did not walk my loss was about 2-3 lbs., however on weeks that I did walk I would lose up to 10 lbs! I also recently quit smoking so I am more or less doing it to condition my heart/lungs before I begin running. Good luck to all.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-25-07, 13:40

Plan: zeroish carbs
Stats: 388/300/150 Female 66inches
BF:unfortunately
Progress: 37%

So since I have written the original post I still struggle to drink the water. Even with seeing the great results it still is not as easy as pie. For me I am starting to really notice for some reason I find the texture of water odd in my mouth. I can drink a lake worth of crystal lite or coffee(even black, no sweetener) but I almost have to gag the first 4 cups down. After that I can manage to get my allotment in but sometimes I end up waiting all day until bedtime to drink as I am dreading the feeling of the water. I get flashbacks to having to take cod liver oil as a child because I feel the exact same way. Anyhow then I have an uncomfortable sleep because I am too tired to get out of bed in the middle of the night to use the washroom so I toss and turn all night. Very stupid of me, but just my mindset.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 10:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/140/145 Male 5'-5"
BF:
Progress: 111%

Hey "DearMommy"! I just re-read your post and i am glad to hear you have made progress on your losses. Congratulations! And thank you for posting for your findings about water... we should all share what works for us. That is the primary reason I began visiting this site!! I am a Meat and Egg guy, myself. Drinking water is a lot easier when I am not home because diet soda "Coca Cola Lite" in Mexico is tastes soooo sweet (even with whatever artificial sweetener they use). I cannot drink it to feel my thirst satiated so water is a lot easier to drink. I know many people struggle with drinking water, but it is just water... just do it! Good luck to all!
  #9   ^
Old Sat, May-26-07, 10:54

Plan: not sure yet
Stats: 204/203/140 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 2%

Hey everyone. I used to didn't ever drink water because I always felt like I was going to puke when I did. Now I drink water constantly and the pounds are shedding off. I feel so much better. Water is also very good for the bones. I use to ache allllllll the time but every since I have been drinking water and a constant rate I feel like a bran new person. I really am glad someone started this thread because alot of people just don't believe that water is important well now I can say I have seen a few that know how good it is. Thanks best wishes to all
---HUG--- to all of you.
Brandy
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-29-07, 14:48

Plan: LC, IF,no sugar
Stats: 294.5/278.3/180 Female 5'9" (top weight was 309)
BF:yes/I/do
Progress: 14%

thank you for the reminder.....I need to up the water!!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-29-07, 14:55
Registered Member

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 152/149.8/135 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 13%

thanks for the tips. I hate water too. I strive for 60-80oz a day. More in the summer. But I do notice WL stalls if I dont drink enough during the week. I drink about 1/3 of my water intake with Crystal Light Packages. It helps me
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-07, 16:46

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

I have always LOVED water, and thanks to an endless supply at work, I have no trouble getting in my daily allotment. I really do feel better, not so fatigued, skin & nails look so much better, no aching muscles. Our bodies are 70% water, amazing huh?
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-12-07, 09:28

Plan: Primal/whole 30
Stats: 208/179/158 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI 27,goal 25
Progress: 58%

Okay, I am inspired to drink more water. I am going to start measuring it out each day, to make sure that I am getting the whole amount I need. I do drink quite a lot of water but still I am probably coming up a little short.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-07, 23:29

Plan: low carb
Stats: 156.4/156.4/135 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Count me in. I am so addicted to diet Mt. Dew. I know it causes me to crave, thereby falling off the wagon. Now if I KNOW this, why do I keep doing it? B/c my body doesn't like to be disciplined. Am making a decision tomorrow to do only meat, eggs and water for awhile and see just how much difference I can tell. Sure do dread buffeting my body... it will scream, cry and have tantrums. It's such a baby.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Aug-28-07, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb(my own)Pregnant
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 21%

water is always the key.. way to go on the weight lose so far