Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Mar-20-07, 19:36

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/185/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Ugh- I have been sick to my stomach the past two days- not the best way to start off a clean induction. I managed to eat only graham crackers and pretzels. But I am geared up for tomorrow- my stomach is a little quesy still, but I am prepared for tomorrow and ready to start my two weeks of induction- Cheat Free!!!
So I am 2 days behind everyone else- but ready to roll!!!
(I'm with ya Madihah1- just making it to three days will be huge for me!!!)
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-07, 05:53

Stats: 266.5/209/199 Female 5' 7"
BF:50%/40%/30%
Progress: 85%

Good Morning everyone!

Tonya and Cylomo81- I hope you guys are feeling better! I hate being nauseous.

CNYmom- .5 lb down is awesome...hopefully you will be down even more today!

Hang in there everyone, if you fall off the wagon, just get right back on. We can do this!

I am down 2 lbs today (but still not back to where I was).

Start weight: 175
Today's weight: 173
Plan: Atkins Induction
Day: 3
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-07, 07:01
Currently Fascinated

Plan: M&E/Atkins
Stats: 225/150/125 Female 5'2"
BF:Quite Possibly
Progress: 75%

So far, so good...

Starting weight: 187
Today's weight: 185.5
Plan: Meat & Eggs

Things I've done differently this week:
1) Closer to "true" M&E (dropping the nuts in particular helps, I think)
2) Back to regular exercise (2-mile WATP before work)
3) Added 3T Coconut oil daily

It would be lovely if this trend continues, but I'm happy the scale is moving in the right direction!

Congrats to all for all your efforts! We can do this!
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-07, 11:36

Stats: 216/216/130 Female 5ft 1 in
BF:

Day 3 - ~~~ still nauseated ~~~ Ugh!

Murrie - Way to go on the 2 lbs loss. You are doing great!

Madihah1 - 3 days to eat clean is hard but you can do it. I wanted to cheat last night so bad but I kept it in control.

Cylomo81 - I know what you mean with the sick stomach issue. I hope you are feeling much better.

Cnymom - Awesome Congrats on the 1.5 lb loss!! Keep up the good work.

I have been doing Meat & Egg but I had a small salad last night. I had about 1 cup of lettuce w/1 tbl Ranch dressing. I also had grilled chicken w/2 strips of bacon. I also has some pepperoni slices. I used to eat a lot/binge in the evenings after I get home from work and I seem to be hungry more in the evenings. I am trying to eat more during the day but the nausea & TOM are not helping. I think I did pretty well with controlling my eating last night.

I weighed today!! 186.5 - Starting Weight was 188.5
Almost back to where I was previously. I hope to see more lbs gone by Friday. I also walked for 30 minutes during my lunch hour Monday & Tuesday. None today it's a little too warm out - almost 80 Deg. I hope everyone was a wonderful day!!

Tonya
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-07, 11:37

BF:

Sorry for double post.

Last edited by 3girls2luv : Wed, Mar-21-07 at 11:38. Reason: Sorry for double post
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Mar-21-07, 14:29

Plan: low carb
Stats: 246.4/245.4/160 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 1%

You guys are doing so well.

I'm still struggling to eat clean. It's like i've lost the fight to be dedicated to this woe BUT everyday I pop in here I know I'm getting a little nearer to getting back to where I was 3 months ago.

Starting weight: 218.4
Today's weight: 219.8
Plan: Kimkins
Up, but to be expected.

Hang on in there everyone!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 06:03

Nice losses CNYMom and Tonya! Eating/binging at night has always been a problem for me. I've been known to be perfectly on plan all day, only to completely ruin it at night...are you feeling better today?

Madilah1 I know exactly how you feel about having lost the dedication. I have literally been gaining and losing the same 10-20 lbs for the past two years. I am still trying to get back to where I was. All we can do is to keep trying...but I KNOW you can do this!

So, day 4 today. I haven't eaten this clean for 4 days in awhile. Usually I'll have nuts, alcohol, way too much cheese, or SF candy. It's motivating to see the scale drop, but I also feel like I'm keeping a promise to myself. "Do this for 2 weeks, see how it turns out, then you can loosen up a bit" Of course I'm hoping to feel motivated to continue clean eating for a few weeks after than, but we'll see.

Start weight: 175
Today's weight: 170
Plan: Atkins Induction
Day: 4
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 06:16
Currently Fascinated

Wow, 5 pounds, Murrie! Congratulations! That's wonderful!

No further losses for me today, but that's ok. I'd be thrilled with one more pound this week, though (to break that 185 barrier), but I'll take what I can get!

Starting weight: 187
Today's weight: 185.5
Plan: Meat & Eggs

cylomo81 and 3girls2luv, are you ladies feeling any better today? Stomach bugs are the worst!

Madihah1, today is a new day and a new start! Maybe you need to come up with a shorter-term reward system? Something like, "If I eat clean today, I will use my extra-special moisturizer after my shower." (Sounds weird, but that's one of the things that works for me as a short-term reward!)

Keep up the excellent work, ladies! Two weeks will be over before you know it!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 06:52
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

*running in to catch up* Hey guys - can I join? I started induction on the 19th, too but just saw this thread. My stats are way off (had a baby 9 months ago - to the day!). I weighed in last week at 171.5 and yesterday at 169. 2.5 pounds down - its a start!

Been using Fitday - that seems to help a lot.

Anyone else exercising?
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 06:56
Currently Fascinated

Hi IowaGirl I've done the 2-mile WATP tape every morning this week. I can't seem to find time for more than 30 minutes, and even that has been difficult enough. Still, I'm being consistent about it, I suppose I'm going to put the 3-mile in over the weekend, but finding 45 minutes on the weekday mornings isn't going to happen, I don't think.

Anyway, welcome aboard!
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 07:27

Welcome IowaGirl!

I'm a firm believer that when it comes to exercise, any is better than none. I didn't make it to the gym this morning, but I did some arm exercises with dumbells at home, and I'll try to squeeze in some extra walking throughout the day.

I have a really stupid question re: WATP...is it an audio tape you listen to while walking outside, or a video for the tv? CNYMom, I'm picturing you pacing around your living room for two miles.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 07:35

Plan: low carb
Stats: 246.4/245.4/160 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 1%

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Starting weight: 218.4
Today's weight: 216.8
Plan: Kimkins

I'm down 3lbs from yesterday but until I can get back down to 204lbs I don't think I will feel that I've acheived anything.

Mmmm, maybe this mindset is what's making me slip up every other day.

Of course I've achieved something, every pound I lose is an accomplishment. I just need to start believing it.

Well done Murrie, 4lbs in 4 days WTG.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 07:43
Currently Fascinated

WATP is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds series... I have many of them on both DVD and VHS. It's mostly in place, but in different ones she moves around more. It's walking combined with kicks, knee lifts, side steps, etc, with a liberal sprinkling of arm movements to get the upper body involved. The series I do use 2-pound weights to boost the upper body involvement. One of my VHS sets use bands to help with the abdomen. Overall, though, they're mostly walking. I love them because it's difficult for me to find the time to work out, and when I do have the time I have a 6 year-old who is nowhere near ready to be alone in the house while Mommy goes walking. I do take her walking (or she rides her bike while I walk) with me when it's nicer out, but she doesn't last very long and she walks slower than I do!

Anyway, it sounds weird, but they're simple, so I don't have to think awfully hard at 5:45am.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 07:54
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have those tapes too, CNY! Something you might consider..if you have ankle weights, put those on to up the calorie burn if you cannot do the 3 mile walk. I really enjoy the WATP videos - I don't particularly like aerobic exercise but this is a good work out without the bounce or difficult steps to learn.

Murrie - I rarely made it to the gym, even when I was a member! I like working out at home since I can do it without getting out in bad weather and my clothes don't even have to match. I have many workout tapes - the Firm, Fitprime and others. I kind of feel like I am starting over since this last pregnancy (which really kicked my butt). I was unable to exercise when carrying my daughter (heck, I could hardly WALK!) and then I developed plantar fasciatis (mean heel pain). I still find it difficult to do a lot of walking on hard surfaces (did a family fun run/walk with the girls on St.Patrick's Day - ouch) but I am hopeful I will be back to pre-pregnancy fitness by the end of this year.

I've started checking out yoga and pilates. Anyone into this?

Madihah - YOU ARE KICKING BUTT! Hang in there!
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-07, 11:51

BF:

Day 4 - **** Finally feeling better **** Still a little nauseous this morning but lots more energy today!!

Murrie: Wow! 5 lbs gone forever. You are doing great! I have a gym membership but don't go. I have been walking everyday during my lunch hour for 30 minutes. So, yes it's better than nothing!

CNYMom: You are doing great and I am sure that you will see the scale move again. WATP sounds pretty fun. I like working out at home also but with 3 girls it turns into a dance off. It's quite funny. I have a 6yr old also. And a 3yr & 1 yr old.

Madihah - Great job on the 3 lbs gone forever. You are doing awesome.

Iowagirl: Welcome! Congrats on the little babe!! And Congrats on the 2 lbs loss. I am also trying to get rid of this excess baby weight. I have packed it on in the last 6 yrs.

Starting Weight: 188.5
Current Weight: 185.0
Plan: M&E/Kimkins

I was surprised that the scale showed a 1.5 lb loss this morning. TOM is still here but is just about done. I have been having some cheese & salad w/my meals. I am getting tired of eggs. I hope you all have a good day!! Talk later.

Tonya