Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 19:46

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default got it

Thyroslim (AM/PM) ... by MHP ... don't pay over $30 for it.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 20:25

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks, Dan

I discovered something today while doing some independant research, CLA is being used to supplement for thyroid deficiencies? This came as a suprize; I have been taking CLA for a few weeks but for other reasons. I will look into Thyroslim (would that be 30$ US or canadian? )

Nat
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-01, 21:13

Default interesting

I wasn't aware of CLA and it's use in the treatment of thyroid deficincy. What is the doseage listed in the study?

The only drawback to the orginal fat loss properties of CLA was that the dose was somewhere around 10g per day of I remember correctly, and that just makes it cost prohbitive for most.

The $30 was U.S. Sorry, I always forget that this is a Candian board ...
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Nov-09-01, 10:59

BF:

Figures, I cant find the damned article this morning I will resume my search later. I am certain though that I saw this.

On average how long does it take to start noticing the effects of an ECA stack? My body temp on rising was 97.4, this is a good degree above what it's been in the past week ( averaging between 95.7 - 96.3). I'm at 1/2 the recommended dose for now and I plan on staying there for a few weeks. I was unable to get to sleep until 11:30 ish last night, unheard of for me. I sleep now like the dead and w/in 10 minutes of hitting the pillow.

N
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 13:52

Plan: none yet
Stats: 189/189/177
BF:
Progress:
Question Question for TDan on Syntrax Adipo and...

Guggulbolic. I just started the CKD yesterday and wanted to get your opinion on the effectiveness of Adipo and Guggul together...or is taking Adipo by itself just as good? Or, is there something better out there? I want something to help burn the fact and provide an energy boost. I have a good cardio/workout plan in place and want to go from 18%bf down to about 10% or so.

I have read many of your posts and respect your opinion and feedback! Thanks.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 17:10

Default go for the combo ...

They are both great products ... to use them effectively, I will dig up a post I gave a while back on the proper use of an ECA stack (well, adipoK is technically a NYC stack: norephedrine, yohimbine, and caffeine ... but stilll falls in the same category as ECA's) ...
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 17:23

Default here the info ...

First, you need to check your body temperature FIRST THING in the morning. That means as soon as you wake up.

If it's under 97.8, start taking Guggullipids and phosphates to
stimulate thyroid activity.

Once you get your AM temperature above 97.8, cruise there for a while. Keep doing your diet and exercsie plans as you normally do. Keep taking your morning temperature. It's important because it will show you when your thyroid adjusts to your supplements.

The first time that your temperature falls below 97.8 for three days straight, stop taking guggul and start taking AdipoK. Work yourself up to taking doses 3x day. Add in 3g of fish oil caps per day at this point. Remember to keep taking your AM temperature.

If when it drops again, switch back to guggul.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 17:57

BF:
Default Another question, Dan

I've come across a lot of comments of late about cycling your ECA stack. The gist is that it's actually not a good idea to cycle an ECA stack because once your body gets accustomed to it and you no longer exhibit the symptoms (that aggitated or hyper quality), this is when it is actually working best at burning fat.

Any comments?

Nat
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 19:40

Default ...

It has been stated that the ECA stack exhibits greater fat buring potential the longer you stay on ... however, if your thyroid senses that you are "wasting away" it will attempt to maintain homeostasis by slowing down production of the thyroid hormones, no matter how much ephedrine you take. Once it slows down (indicated by a lower morning temperature for 3 days straight) you need to get it going again, which is what the guggulipids and phosphates do.

In the example I gave above, it may look as if we are cycling on and off ECA very quickly, however, the changes in lower thyroid activity could takes weeks or months, IF AT ALL.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Nov-28-01, 20:56

BF:

Thanks for the quick reply, Dan

N
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Dec-03-01, 17:02

Plan: none yet
Stats: 189/189/177
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanks!

Thanks for the quick response. You guys are a great source of information for this guy who has read and done....BFLife Plan, MuscleMedia articles, Muscle and Fitness, Protein Power, etc. It gets somewhat confusing after awhile...so thanks for supplying quick and "right on" responses.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-01, 12:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 217/212/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 6%
Exclamation Hazards of Products with Ephedra

#28   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-01, 12:41

BF:
Default More Info....

#29   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-01, 13:20

BF:
Exclamation The other side

There are two sides to every story, Goblins. Here's my contribution:

http://www.drumlib.com/dp/000006F.htm
and from our own TrainderDan: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...=&threadid=6744

Nat
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Dec-04-01, 13:29

BF:
Talking Isn't that always the way???

For every article of support, there is one to negate....
LC is good for you - no LC is bad for you...

The truth of the matter is that I've had nothing but positive results with LC... and the only problem I had with ECA stacking was some brief depression (from the Ma Huang, I believe.)

I think that no one really knows the truth, and it really only matters what you want to believe. Do you believe the skeptics or are you a true believer? =)

What's best for you is probably what will work for you....

But we can't make good decisions without all the facts. Thanks for the "flip-side"....